PDA

View Full Version : G751jy was on in my bag. Should I be worried?

Gorkounov
07-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Hey,

I feel really stupid but anyway one morning I grab my laptop which I thought was off (lid was closed) and placed it in my bag. Maybe 2 to 2 and a half hours later I check my bag and it was hot. So I took my laptop out and behold it was in fact on and running and boy was it hot. Now I did smell a tiny bit of solder but solder smells even when it's simply warm so I don't know if I should be too concerned. I know computers will typically shut off if the heat goes to dangerous levels so what I'm asking is if I should be concerned?

An hour later I ran CSGO and it ran perfect so I'm not too worried.
My English is poor so apologies if any grammatical mistakes.

Thanks

Edweird
07-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Your English is perfectly fine.

You shouldn't worry. There are more than 10 heat sensors scattered around the various components in the computer that spring safeties if critical temperatures are reached. It felt hot because the surrounding elements such as the plastic absorbed the heat since it had nowhere to go, but the core components would have remained at regular temperatures. Once it cools down, it's like nothing ever happened. Don't worry about the smell, it's likely that's coming off the bag as well as the laptop - you're right about some materials giving off odours regardless.

Gorkounov
07-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Your English is perfectly fine.

You shouldn't worry. There are more than 10 heat sensors scattered around the various components in the computer that spring safeties if critical temperatures are reached. It felt hot because the surrounding elements such as the plastic absorbed the heat since it had nowhere to go, but the core components would have remained at regular temperatures. Once it cools down, it's like nothing ever happened. Don't worry about the smell, it's likely that's coming off the bag as well as the laptop - you're right about some materials giving off odours regardless.

Thank you. I deal with software for work and stuff like this is common knowledge to me but when it's my baby the panic was greater. Yeah, I played all night last night and everything is normal. HWmonitor showing normal temperatures as well.

Edweird
07-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Thank you. I deal with software for work and stuff like this is common knowledge to me but when it's my baby the panic was greater. Yeah, I played all night last night and everything is normal. HWmonitor showing normal temperatures as well.

:D
Have fun with it, it's an excellent piece of hardware. (Not gonna discuss the software side.)
This is what these forums are for. Most people here (MOST PEOPLE) are very nice - the other ones don't bother sharing information as much. :)

Besides, whereas the ASUS warranty service can be less than stellar in its results, it does seem to be quite welcoming in general - I don't see many people getting warranty service refused. If anything does happen, you should feel safe in that you still have a lot of time till your warranty ends.

kaiserfalco
07-12-2015, 10:45 AM
hahaha happend to me once in a while.. especially if i put my bag in trunk of my car and drive fast definitely the laptop somehow turn on by itself..and it is damn hot though..