PDA

View Full Version : BluRay player after clean install?

Hideaki
12-14-2011, 03:34 PM
On the system that came with my g74sx there was a program named 'Roxio Cineplayer' installed for playing BluRay discs. Now that I have installed a fresh Windows 7 I'd like my new system to be capable of that as well, but I couldn't find that application anywhere on the Asus driver and app disc. Did I simply not look hard enough, is there any way to get that program elsewhere (without paying for it again), or am I just out of luck?

dstrakele
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Sonic DVD is the Roxio CinePlayer. However, I think you'd be better off with some other Blu-Ray player. IMO, CinePlayer appears to be quite buggy. Search this forum for other recommendations.

JRd1st
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
PowerDVD Ultra

BrodyBoy
12-14-2011, 07:41 PM
You can re-install CIneplayer if your really want it....but as already noted, there are better options.

380mcn
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
+1 (again) for jrd1st

ricksaint
12-14-2011, 09:26 PM
If you have a 3D capable model though, you'll need the Roxio Cineplayer to be able to play 3D.

dstrakele
12-14-2011, 09:49 PM
But I bet you dollars to doughnuts, as soon as you attempt to play a Blu-Ray disc, you'll be posting "Why does CinePlayer only play the audio and not show any video on Blu-Ray discs?" or "Why does CinePlayer eject my Blu-Ray disc as soon as I pop it in my ODD?"

FenrirMH
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
If you have a 3D capable model though, you'll need the Roxio Cineplayer to be able to play 3D.

CyberLink's PowerDVD 11 is a good start until Mirillis' Splash BD or VideoLan's VLC Media Player v1.2.0 is released, since I got rid of CinePlayer, I've had no trouble playing Blu-Ray discs, though I haven't tried any 3D discs with it yet :( But I may watch TT3D Closer to the Edge in 3D sometime within the next few days and will let you know how Cyberlink handles the 3D playback.

Hideaki
12-15-2011, 10:44 AM
But I bet you dollars to doughnuts, as soon as you attempt to play a Blu-Ray disc, you'll be posting "Why does CinePlayer only play the audio and not show any video on Blu-Ray discs?"
Oh yeah, I had that a lot before the reinstall :p.