PDA

View Full Version : G751JY // SSD Partition And Re-Install Windows 8.1

matanza_ec
07-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Hı Everyone,

I just bought a g751 couple months ago. I want to reinstall windows but first I want some changes.

I have one SSD // C: is 95gb, D: is 130gb ; one HDD // E: 931gb, F: 931gb
I want to merge two SSD partitions as one. Because SSD's 2. part is useless for me.
I am using OS over SSD, installing games on HDD.
C is OS, E: is where I installing my games and F is my backups. So D is empty (only have pagefile.sys) and useless as this way.

So, my questions are;

Why Asus splitted SSD as two parts. Is it necessey for something or just a choice.?

If it isnt necessery;

1- How can i merge those two SSD parts, because recovery doesnt asking anything like before in Win 7, HardDrive configuraiton.
2- If I achive merge those parts, can I use my Recovery part. I dont want to delete it. Also I want to use it for reinstall and recovery later times.
3- About this operation, Is there any chance to effect my computer?

I have my recovery part in USB via Asus Backtracker, also I get a copy of Win8.1 via Microsoft web page.

waiting for help

Thanx

Clintlgm
07-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Yes move any data off your D:\ partition. download Minitool partition wizardhttp://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

matanza_ec
08-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Minitool partition wizard gives an error and windows damaged. So I needed to use Asus Backtracker. Every single data in each part ( C,D,E,F) has gone :(

Clintlgm
08-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Yep backtracker put your notebook right back where is was when it was shipped to you. That's exactly what is it supposed to do. So now restore the images of your OS Drive and restore, like wise restore your Folder and Files back up.
This is the first failure I have heard of using Minitool partition wizard have you contacted Minitool tech support they can be very helpful and they do have recovery software. Although anytime you are working with basic disk operations the potential for bad stuff to happen is possible.