PDA

View Full Version : G551JX colour flicker on bootup with flux?

darksauce
07-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Hi guys,

I recently got myself a G551JX, and love it so far. I installed flux, and when I boot up to desktop, the screen flickers between the normal colours and the fluxed colours for 15 seconds or so, before stabilising on the fluxed screen.

Any ideas how I can resolve this slight annoyance? All drivers are up to date.

Cheers

Prostar Computer
07-13-2015, 07:20 PM
The only relevant thing I found regarding this was the following snippet:

Q: One of my monitors is flickering - it shows white and then orange quite frequently. What should I do?

A: (This answer is PC and Mac when used with non-Apple monitors) Look in the On-Screen Display (OSD) and see if you can turn off DDC/CI (the monitor configuration protocol). Some older monitors did not handle color changes well and would reset to white before accepting new settings. This is fine if you change settings once a month, but not so good if you do it more often like f.lux does.

Your panel doesn't have an easy access OSD if you're using the integrated screen, so I don't know how to go about resolving this. Perhaps you can email the f.lux support team - justgetflux@gmail.com (It might be a good idea to obtain the make and model of your screen and provide that info to them. You can get this info by installing and running HWiNFO64.)