PDA

View Full Version : G73JH Help... BSOD/Random restarts

g0dfree
12-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Hello all, I purchased my G73JH a few months ago factory refurbished. Everything was good and well until I updated my system... which I realize now could have been the issue. I get random BSOD, usually when moving the laptop (even a slight tip of the screen), random freezes and restarts, and my trackpad freezes occasionally. It's getting pretty frustrating now. I have read quite a few forums on the issues but I feel as if most of them are outdated with broken links, etc. I believe my BIOS version is 213 and I am not sure how to check vBios version. I have also updated all of the drivers. I'm not on my laptop now, but I could supply all of my system information if anyone replies. Are there any updates for these issues from Asus yet? Any help is appreciated.

- Brittany

dstrakele
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Getting a BSOD when moving the laptop sounds like a hardware issue. If you look in the System Event Log, find the BugCheck source event(s), and report the Bug Check Code(s) listed in the event(s).

fuzon1337
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi

Have you tried to do a clean install of Windows and seen if the same problems occurs after the install?

Perhaps you could try to clean the register with CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard) and see if that fixes any problems you got.

HWInfo (http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html) would be useful to find info about your notebook and temp if you need to know that :)

BrodyBoy
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Hello all, I purchased my G73JH a few months ago factory refurbished. Everything was good and well until I updated my system... which I realize now could have been the issue.
What do mean by "update" here? Just Windows updates? A clean install? If you could elaborate on what exactly changed between "system-working" and "system-not-working" it'll be easier to diagnose and fix the problem.

If you didn't re-install Windows, your best bet may be to do a System Restore. Find a restore point dated BEFORE you made the changed that adversely impacted your system.