PDA

View Full Version : Here is a list of common G751 problems and their solutions. Is this all of them?

neyguy552
07-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Hi!

I just bought a G751JT-CH71. I get it tomorrow, I can't wait!

Anyway I've looked at the forum and it looks like the G751 had lots of problems when it came out, but most of them seem to be fixed. Did I get all of them on the list below?

Speaker imbalance:

-----update audio drivers

Wireless internet lag/high ping:

-----uninstall Asus GameFirst/update network driver

Left usb ports not working correctly:

-----update BIOS/ disable USB selective suspend/disable Asus USB charger plus/disable power saving management on all USB root hubs in the device manager/ follow THIS LINK (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53877-G751-Problem-with-USB3-0-ports-(left-side)-and-external-HD-anyone-else&p=516797&viewfull=1#post516797)/ all this still might not fix it

Screen has yellow tint:

-----Uninstall Asus Splendid Video Enhancement/change Nvidia color balance settings

So basically to fix most problems:

---Open computer packaging carefully and check for external defects, return if damaged
---Turn it on, log in and set up windows user account
---Run windows update until you have every update
---Update the BIOS
---Update ALL of your drivers. ALL OF THEM.
---Uninstall all the bloatware/Asus branded programs

This should work, right? Please comment below if you have better knowledge :)

Edweird
07-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Sounds about right. I recommend getting at least Intel XTU afterwards to undervolt your CPU (completely safe) down to about -80mV or so to get a few degrees less on your CPU temps, maybe get MSI Afterburner if you're gonna game hard. Sometimes people have issues with the power plug being wonky but I don't have this. Also, many units won't come with the M.2 slot soldered on. Obviously if it comes with the SSD, it will have the slot.

Don't forget to drool all over it, too. Oh and play around with Realtek Audio and MaxxAudio settings a bit to get a sound you like. Here's mine:

Chadd
07-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Disable windows fast boot. This will fix the problem where your laptop may boot with a black screen.

Chadd
07-15-2015, 07:13 PM
There is also a registry edit you can do for the wireless network card to stop it searching for new wireless networks when connected to a network. This is meant to help reduce the ping to improve wireless performance. Unfortunately I can't find the site I got the info from right now.

CoolMan
12-29-2015, 01:11 AM
great laptop, pity it dosent actually have usable wireless as proved by the inter net, just google 7260 isues and make up your own mind.