PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G751JY Safe and Maximum Temperatures?

kaiaxapp
07-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Hi I got my i7 4710hq g751 jy. Gtx980m a week ago. And I play csgo on everything on highest settings with v sync triple buffering on. The highest court temperature I have seen is 80 while gpu is 60. Please tell me if it's safe and what's the safety and maximum. Thankssss.

Edweird
07-20-2015, 07:41 AM
That's completely safe and within everyone else's temp bracket.
I am a bit confused about your CPU temps though - the CPU and GPU are tied into the same cooling system and CPU usually doesn't go more than 5-6 degrees over the GPU in temps.
I wasn't aware CSGO was so CPU intensive. Either that or your CPU has a bad thermal paste job.
Either way, those temps are perfectly fine. Again, it's the difference in temps rather than how high those temps are that I'm interested in. If your GPU ran at a lower temp than that it'd practically be idle. I would use Intel XTU to undervolt the CPU (this is safe) at -80mV or so to take a couple degrees off. If 80 deg is the highest you've ever gone on any game, you'll do well to just stop worrying about the subject entirely. :)

Your CPU will start throttling at about 95 degrees (thereabouts for the GPU as well but this GPU will simply never go much above 85) and the thermal junction aka the thermal limit is either 100 or 105 degrees where the CPU will just kill itself to ... well, to prevent killing itself.

kaiaxapp
07-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Should I go somewhere to get a new thermal paste? And what is considered bad for gpu and cpu temps? Thanks again

Edweird
07-20-2015, 03:20 PM
No, you shouldn't, you're fine if 80 is the highest you ever go.
I would consider 90 degrees "not good" for either CPU or GPU but 85 is good enough if you reach it occasionally.

I hit around 78-80 myself and a lot of other G751JY owners do, too. Like I said, if 80 is the highest you go, just stop worrying.
It's not that your CPU temp is high, it's that your GPU temp is very low, which is a good thing. I just don't get how come. CSGO is not the most demanding game...but 60 degrees? That's amazing.