PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to replace my G75VW battery?

Vexelius
07-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Hello, everyone. New user to the forum here.

I have owned an ASUS ROG G75VW since 2013, and everything has been good. However, during the last month I had noticed that the battery seemed to discharge faster than usual.

I left my laptop charging overnight, and this morning, I unplugged it, turned it on and played for a while... 10 minutes later, I received the "Low battery" message. I blamed the game for draining the energy, so I plugged it back and then I saw a red cross over he battery icon.

Consider replacing your battery

So... I'm wondering. How much time can I use my laptop with this message around? I admit, 2 years is enough time for a battery life, considering that I have used my laptop a lot.

Will my laptop be damaged if I just keep the battery attached?

Thanks for your replies!

Clintlgm
07-23-2015, 03:37 PM
You may be in luck, I see Asus still has some 8 Cell batteries for sale See this link go to page 5 http://us.estore.asus.com/collections/batteries?page=5 You battery should have a number match it up to one of these, and you'll be good for another 3 years or so.

Vexelius
07-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Thank you very much for the heads-up!

While I wait, I'm thinking on leaving my laptop connected to the power socket all the time. Should I leave the old battery, or remove it?

Clintlgm
07-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Either way should be ok, as long as the old battery doesn't short out. You might want to remove the battery and hook it up to a UPS in case of a power outage.