PDA

View Full Version : GL552JX-DM174H left speaker crackling problem (Conexant)

Dafetti
07-23-2015, 03:51 AM
So basically my left speaker started to vibrate/rattle/crackle at higher volumes. I tried to update to the latest Conexant drivers and used the preinstalled one too but to no avail so I sent it for repairs 2 weeks ago and just got it back yesterday. However, I noticed that it's still crackling (but no more rattling/vibrations). I'm hoping it's a driver issue cause I can't really send it back again cause I need a laptop to work with right now.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone with the GL552 is having the same problem as me.

EDIT: Called the shop and they said only the OS was reinstalled, nothing was done to my motherboard whoops.

slidemasterx
07-24-2015, 02:55 PM
I don't have those problems with my GL552 but I have trouble shutting down. The laptop just restarts after I shut down. I haven't found a solution for that yet.

Dafetti
07-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Welp, seems like it's a hardware issue then. Guess I'm gonna have to send the laptop back to the shop :( Thanks for replying!

On another note, that's a pretty weird problem you got there. Might be caused by some misconfigs related to the OS, have you tried reinstalling Windows? I just finished reinstalling 8.1 on mine and it's a lot less sluggish than before and I really do mean a lot.

basant
10-11-2015, 04:50 PM
try ubuntu on asus rog gl552 if problem exist contact asus tell me result