PDA

View Full Version : Missing PCI Data Aquisitioning Signal Controller

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 05:01 AM
Ok so after having windows crash on me a few times I've finally got it back up and running with one issue, my install isissing the PCI DATA acquisition & Signal processing controller driver.

I reinstalled windows 7 professional 64 bit a few days ago and the following day I updated it to Service Pack 1 and then had to install some 200 updates following my install.

Now on two separate occasions now I have had the graphics card drivers stop and restart where the screens will go off & then come back on once the driver has restarted, is this relatated to the PCI Data Controller problem I have?

I have an old ps2 keyboard installed and also a Logitech webcam but I can't find the drivers for that on the net to install. It's a quickcam s7500.

Can someone on the forums please help me get my system back running properly?

I don't want to have to reinstall windows again.

Many Thanks,
Chris

Nate152
07-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Hello boeingaviation

Is this your webcam?

I went to the Logitech site and found this in the driver downloads, it says no software is needed.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/quickcam-communicate-deluxes7500

After you installed windows did you install the chipset driver, the intel management engine driver and the usb 3.0 driver? All other drivers are optional unless you're using some asmedia sata ports then you'd want to install the asmedia drivers.

If you've done this maybe try a bios update. Here's a guide you can follow if you're not familiar with it.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Does any of this help?

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Hi Nate,

No that's not my webcam mine is not the deluxe version.

Tonight windows downloaded the webcam software and installed it so it is now working.

After I installed windows I put the Asus driver DVD into the computer and clicked "Drivers" and then Asus install to automatically install the drivers.

Managed to fix the pci acquisition data & signal processing driver buy going to the Asus drivers download and downloading the most recent Intel chipset driver and now the yellow hazard symbol has gone from the device manager.

I have also tonight installed the Microsoft fixit tool for the nvidia problem where the graphics driver is suddenly stops responding and then restarts itself so I will see how I go with this over the next few days.

It has been one big mission to get my pc back up and running after my upgrade I hope it is smooth sailing from here.

Nate152
07-24-2015, 11:28 AM
All right that sounds alot better !

Just out of curiosity what gpu and psu do you have and does the driver crash anytime or just when gaming?

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 02:15 PM
I have an EVGA GTX 970 FTW Edition with an EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU.

Driver crash has only happened when I haven't been gaming so far, but I will need to test it a bit more and actually do se gaming.

The PSU & GPU are fine I believe as I used these on my old setup preciously with my old i7-2600k setup.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 04:16 PM
I have an EVGA GTX 970 FTW Edition with an EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU.

Driver crash has only happened when I haven't been gaming so far, but I will need to test it a bit more and actually do se gaming.

The PSU & GPU are fine I believe as I used these on my old setup preciously with my old i7-2600k setup.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Also I have my windows installed on my SSD Samsung 840 Evo drive & in the magician software I have it configured for maximum performance.

Each time I boot up or restart the pc, when it comes to the screen "Starting Windows" & it starts loading the windows logo it doesn't completely load the image above where it says "Starting Windows" before it loads straight into the desktop.

Is something wrong with that or is the SSD just loading into windows very quick as there is not much installed on my c drive at the moment.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Forgot to mention that when I reinstalled windows I left all my HDDs connected when installing windows.......is that a problem?

Nate152
07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
I don't know if that would contribute to the gpu driver crash but you only want to have the drive connected you're installing windows on, no other drives.

Is the gpu driver still crashing after running the fixit tool? I doubt if that helped much. :)

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 06:36 PM
So should I uninstall windows and reinstall with only my SSD & DVD. Drive selected.

Nate152
07-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Yeah you can if you want to give it a try, I know it's time consuming but if you got the time it's worth a try, I hope this fixes you and you don't have a faulty card.

After installing windows, install only the LAN driver from the motherboard disc then go to the Asus support page I listed.

Install the latest chipset driver, the MEI driver you'll see it at the bottom with the chipset driver, and the usb 3.0 driver, be sure to connect all drives to intel sata ports when you connect them, if you use the asmedia ports then you can install the asmedia driver. Don't install ai suite for now.

Then install the latest NVidia driver 353.30.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Ok couldn't see a link you posted so had to Google Vii ranger drivers and found the Asus page. Can you please confirm if I need to install the realtek audio driver aswell and I couldn't find the asmedia software. I'm using all my data ports so doni still need it.

Nate152
07-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Sorry for the delay

This is the link I posted, you can check here. I'm not seeing any asmedia drivers so you may not have to fool with that.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

If you're using the jacks on the front of your pc or a usb headset you don't need to install the realtek audio driver. If you're using the jacks on the motherboard then you can install the realtek audio driver.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Ok Nate so i have done the following.

I've unplugged all other HDDs and + 1 sata dvd drive and left 1 sata dvd plugged in to install using Windows disk.

Installed the Intel Chipset for my motherboard aswell as then USB 3.0 drive and MEI & also the LAN driver off the motherboard disk.

I couldn't find the asmedia drivers so have left them at the moment.

I have installed the latest nvidia drivers from nvidia.

My next question is I have a very old windows 7 install disk pre Service Pack 1 and when I go to windows update it already gives me the service pack 1 option to install in windows update so so I hide the update at the moment and leave a while so other updates can install first or can I straight away install SP1?
F
I've got a yellow hazard symbol under device manager for a thing called "Other Devices" which wa s previously the pci acquisition signal processor error driver.

So what should I do next?

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 08:33 PM
That link gives me an error. I have a Maximus Vii ranger. I just sent to the Asus site and found the ranger board and downloaded the files from there.

Nate152
07-24-2015, 08:39 PM
OK install the latest chipset driver from the asus site you are able to access, you said that solved it last time.

I only wanted you to install the LAN driver from the motherboard disc to have access to the internet and download the latest drivers from their site.

I don't see any asmedia drivers so you may not have to fool with that.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi Nate,

I did only install the LAN driver off the cd then installed the other files from the Asus website. The MEI had a hotfix in the download but I didn't install that I just installed the main driver. Do you think once I install the hotfix for the MEI that yellow hazard symbol from underneath "other devices" will disappear as its not the PCI acquisition controller error like last time.

What should I do next?

I'm away from the computer for the next couple of days.

Nate152
07-24-2015, 09:08 PM
yes try the hotfix, the MEI driver should have fixed it.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 09:23 PM
Ok will try the hotfix and also is it OK to install Windows service pack 1 straight away from windows update or should I wait a bit to install the service pack.

Nate152
07-24-2015, 09:28 PM
You can do it with windows update, it should install service pack 1 after you run the windows update a couple times. More or less it should install it when it's ready. :)

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Ok coz I just reinstalled windows and out of the 40 updates available service pack 1 is one of them

Nate152
07-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Yeah you can install it, did you do the hotfix?

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Nope not at home at moment so will install the hotfix tomorrow thanks for your help will let you know how I get on

Nate152
07-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Ok yeah please keep us updated, I'll look for you tomorrow with an update.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 10:10 PM
I just remembered the only other thing I had plugged into a USB header on the motherboard was my card reader.

boeingaviation
07-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Would it have been ok leaving the card reader plugged in whilst I installed windows as there was nothing inserted into the reader whilst installation.

Nate152
07-25-2015, 11:00 AM
It shouldn't hurt anything.

How are things today after running the MEI hotfix, do you still have the pci data acquisition triangle in device manager?

Be sure you installed the chipset driver and the usb 3.0 driver along with the MEI driver. I'm not sure if it matters but I install the chipset driver first, the MEI driver second, and the usb 3.0 driver 3rd.

Some say it doesn't matter which order but that's the order I do it.

boeingaviation
07-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Hi Nate. It's still the same day herwnin New Zealand I won't know anything for another 24hrs as I have work and away from computer.

From memory I know it installed the chipset drivers first then I think uninstalled the MEI driver next then USB driver.

I will update you on my progress when I can.

boeingaviation
07-25-2015, 10:53 PM
Hi Nate,

Just a quick question with the windows update can I just install all updates at once by selecting them and clicking as there is 40 updates including the service pack and then there's 200 after the update.

Thanks

Nate152
07-26-2015, 11:08 AM
yep select them all and click install except for the optional updates.

boeingaviation
07-29-2015, 11:18 PM
Just to let everyone know I have fixed my computer.

It has taken considerable time and effort but here's what worked for me.

1) Unplug all HDDs & CD/DVD Drives aswell as all peripheral devices, I failed to unplug an Internal Card Reader which plugs into a USB header on the motherboard(except the one you plan to install Windows on)
2) Install Windows and let it do it's thing
3) Once windows is installed and you load into your desktop for first time, then shutdown your computer.
4) Reconnect all HDDs/DVD/CD Drivers and peripherals
5) Turn your computer on and (This worked for me, others may vary), install all the drivers from the motherboard support CD and let run and you will need to reboot your pc a few times.
6) Once that is complete I had no Yellow Triangle messages on my computer under my Device Manager.
7) For users with a Samsung SSD, when I installed the Samsung Magician Software I got the error message "PCI Data Aquisitioning Driver Not Found" as something must install with the software......don't worry this is an easy fix simply by visiting the Asus Website and selecting the latest Intel Chipset Driver for your motherboard and installing it.

So a very big thank you to Nate152 who has been helping behind the scenes with everything I needed a valuable member of the forums.

I will enjoy having my pc up and running for a while before I look at overclocking it.

Cheers,
Chris

boeingaviation
08-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Just thought I would give an update in case my issues can help another member.

After my previous post saying everything was fine it turns out my Windows Update part of windows may have been corrupt as I clicked to install 147 updates at once and was asked to restart pc to finish installing updates.

Did this and when I loaded back into the desktop I got an error message saying updates were not successfully installed and I checked the update history and they all failed.

So this led me to reinstall windows today and after much research and fixit tools includinf running the system update readiness tool, running the windows update diagnostic fixit tool from Microsoft and lastly down the Microsoft fixit tool to completely remove and reinstall the update service I have managed to get most of my updated installed successfully. This includes many times where I clicked on install for the updates and it said preparing for install, then failed with any error code so I clicked try again and the 2nd time it successfully downloaded the updates.

So 95% of the updates are now install post service pack 1. I also used a windows batch file to automatically run and clear the Windows Update cache but looking back that is when I started getting install errors.

So we will see how I go from here.