PDA

View Full Version : G751JY purchase Uk

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to purchase a G751JY-DB72, I'm in the Uk and I'm not having much luck. Overclockers Uk are out of stock, I'm not trusting Amazon and the British Asus website directs me back to the US store that wont let me ship to the Uk. Obviously I'm missing something blatant here, could you awesome folks point me in the right direction or to a contact address Asus actually answers?

Much appreciated, cheers
Luke

Smiles69
07-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Hi Luke,
Same problem here, I'm trying to get the G751JY, I'm not sure but I think these models are in the process of being replaced with the Gsync inbuilt models, which should be in stock in the next few weeks. I'm not 100% I'm sure someone can set us straight.
Regards
Simon

antoine52200
07-24-2015, 08:33 PM
weird and there aren't any other online trusted stores in the UK that sells the G751jy?

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-24-2015, 10:46 PM
@antoine Bounced an email off Overclockers this afternoon who said they stock G751JTs but their out of everything else currently. PCWorld would be like buying your laptop from Walmart and Amazon has one guy selling JY's from Ireland but Street Viewing his address shows up as a field with a rusty shipping container in it! Hence why I'd prefer to buy my top of the range expensive laptop direct from Asus. The Asus Uk store just links back to the US side and I've tried emailing several Asus addresses so far with no reply. Thats why I'm posting here for advice and probably going to bite the bullet and make an international call to them on Monday.

@Simon Hey buddy, glad to see I'm not the only Brit in this boat! You're right, I looked up the G-SYNC laptops and it appears they are replacing the previous series G751s. Also looks like they've only been out under a month, so its not a case of Asus being out of stock their end. (Maybe they're in the process of shipping a new batch over?) Oddly the G-SYNC range prices in quite a bit cheaper than the range its replacing? Not too sure thats priced correct lol. Anyway if I find out any more I'll post it up in here and let you know too.

Still would be good if someone could fill in the blanks and let us Uk folk into the loop of how or when we can purchase our G751s, cheers!

antoine52200
07-25-2015, 07:39 AM
i understand you want a trusted dealer, that you can find easily if needed.

You can always buy one on a french store, you won't have any custom taxes, and you should be able to use asus UK for repair even if you bought it in france. Or just ask PCWorld to keep you updated when they get somes back in stock if you can wait of course.

Asus UK send you back to the US store and they don't even shipp to UK.. i will never understand this!

Smiles69
07-25-2015, 07:50 AM
Had a word with a friend who works in pc world, he said they are due some in a week or so, just keep checking the web site every day. Fingers crossed.
Cheers all

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Cheers for the info chaps. I'd rather avoid PC World if possible, their markups are ridiculous and a Dixons Group warranty isn't worth the paper its written on, been burnt by them before. (I'm being a dick I know, appreciate the heads up and I'll check them out if I have too).

I've put another message in with Overclockers asking if they are going to carry the new G-Sync G751s and if so, when they'll be available to pick up. I'll also touch base here again tomorrow evening after giving Asus a call in Cali. Wonder if I'll get through to JJ? lol

clockworksatan
07-26-2015, 08:48 PM
I got my one from Amazon and it was a great experience. Next day delivery and arrived in perfect condition.

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Ok well this absurd drama continues, I finally received a reply from ASUS customer support this lunchtime. I quote:

"Thank you for your inquiry. However, ASUS Store is a branch of the ASUS Computers North America Region Support Center and will not ship outside our service area." ... "An alternative is to know someone currently living within our service area (US) that we may ship to, and then that person can ship the merchandise to your country."

(The reply also directs me to ASUS UK's 'Where to buy list' that links back to their US ASUS Store ... )

I have got the right ASUS haven't I? The international industry leader in computer products? I received a reply from my second Overclockers enquiry saying they don't have any information on new stock either. How in todays modern age does a serious computer manufacturer not sell internationally? Heck I just bought a second hand book from a small book store in West Virginia and it shipped in 4 days! ASUS isn't leaving much choice but to seriously consider MSI & Alienware for my new laptop.

liviutatarus
07-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Clevo, my new laptop. Asus & Nvidia goes to hell.

Carnoustie
07-27-2015, 06:27 PM
got mine at Amazon also,no problems and delivered within 24 hours.

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Can I ask which Amazon stores you folks shopped from? Cheers

Carnoustie
07-27-2015, 08:16 PM
link to one option on Amazon,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZZI4P5S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=059CZV2AWV19WJKCH96A&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577047927&pf_rd_i=desktop

Smiles69
07-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Ok well this absurd drama continues, I finally received a reply from ASUS customer support this lunchtime. I quote:

"Thank you for your inquiry. However, ASUS Store is a branch of the ASUS Computers North America Region Support Center and will not ship outside our service area." ... "An alternative is to know someone currently living within our service area (US) that we may ship to, and then that person can ship the merchandise to your country."

(The reply also directs me to ASUS UK's 'Where to buy list' that links back to their US ASUS Store ... )

I have got the right ASUS haven't I? The international industry leader in computer products? I received a reply from my second Overclockers enquiry saying they don't have any information on new stock either. How in todays modern age does a serious computer manufacturer not sell internationally? Heck I just bought a second hand book from a small book store in West Virginia and it shipped in 4 days! ASUS isn't leaving much choice but to seriously consider MSI & Alienware for my new laptop.

This is the same reply I got from overclockers, not good, I'm going to hold out for a few weeks. I'm sure someone will get stock of the new gsync
Models.. They may be holding out for windows 10 so they can advertise with this included?

Smiles69
07-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Overclockers have the G751 ( 32G version) as due in on the 2/8/15. This is the one I want, wonder if it will come with windows 10 and gsync?

Edweird
07-28-2015, 01:23 PM
It shouldn't come with Windows 10 (and it probably never will, the platform was designed for Win8.1, regardles of whether or not it supports Win10 100% but you can get Win10 the moment you get the laptop for free, anyways), it probably won't come with G-SYNC unless it was specifically stated in the specifications.

Also, I'm fairly sure neither MSI nor Alienware ship directly to Europe. Could be wrong.

But other than for bragging rights (?) and maybe running a ramdisk/multiple VMs ... what, exactly is the point of 32 gigs of memory?

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-28-2015, 03:31 PM
@Carnoustie Thank for the link, but thats through HIDevolution. They're well known to take your money and run with no functional customer service after you purchase.

@Smiles69 You got info out of Overclockers?! nice one buddy! Can I ask where you got it from, I'd be interested in looking myself. The G-SYNC range of G751s are the '-DB73' (16gb), '-DB72' (24gb) and the '-DB73X' (32gb). Top job on getting a date!

@Edweird It depends what model ASUS restock the Uk with. The DH series ('-DH71' and '-DH72X') are the previous series that doesn't include G-SYNC. Personally I'm an Architect, a boat load of ram isn't a necessity but it does make AutoDesk progs run much better when you're dealing with large projects.

Here I've been playing phone tennis with ASUS. USA support put me in touch with their UK HQ who suggested emailing sales_uk@asus.com for info (I've already bounced several emails off that address with no reply). They also suggested checking out eshop.asus.com.

eshop.asus.com turns out only sells refurbished units and still does't have any G751s but over the phone the chap there suggested trying enquiry_uk@asus.com. I'm going to rattle off emails to both enquiry_uk & sales_uk, I'll let you folks know if I get anything back. We're getting somewhere! Cheers.

edit: Just got off the phone with PC World, according to their sales team at least, they don't have any incoming G751 stock currently or planned. But they might not be looking as far ahead is Smiles friend.

Edweird
07-28-2015, 05:18 PM
I lived in the UK for a couple years, the situation there with purchases is much closer to what the US has - more things get shipped there by more companies, faster and easier - so, yes. Maybe the UK has it better than the rest of Europe.

I was taught to stay away from Curry's / PC World, though. Not heard a single good thing about 'em.

About the RAM - yes, obviously, video editing software, CAD etc. use a lot of system memory. But I didn't think more than 16-24gb would be useful in practice. Then again, it does extend the system's life by a bit, I guess. Not as much as it did in years past. The field moves forward faster. I was messing around with Blander for a couple of months, 8 gigs seemed to be quite enough.

Luke Fitzpatrick
07-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Gents, Overclockers has the G-Sync G751JY 32gb unit available for pre-order now for 2001.99 (plus 10.00 for next day delivery). Just got mine in the bag, suggest folks get in there, can imagine these will sell out quick.

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Just goes to show when you come together and go balls to the wall to achieve something what you can do, top job! Cheers

Smiles69
08-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Still waiting for mine from over clockers, apparently they have 30 units due in....they were meant to be in on Monday but seem to have been delayed...hurry up��

Luke Fitzpatrick
08-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Waiting this end too. Got in touch with Overclockers who said they had an updated ETA on their PO box of today (7/8/15). Even if they arrive on time today at the PO box (where ever in the Uk that is) they'll need to be delivered to OC in Stoke, checked and shipped to customers. I'm going on seeing it towards the end of next week at the earliest.

19:30 edit: Not a peep out of OC today. Starting to wonder if there are actual units due to be shipped to OC or if they opened pre-orders speculatively for the updated G751 release. Its only an overnight FedEx flight from Cali to London and OC will have a contact at Asus who ships to them so they'll know whats being sent and what isn't. We're being messed about and 2k is a lot of money to mess with. Might be worth checking with your bank to see if they've taken the money ... Not going to be happy if this falls through!

Smiles69
08-08-2015, 03:19 PM
I hope they don't mess us around, I have just sent them a mail and they replied saying they would speak to the product manager and get back to me Monday. Will update when I've heard more.
Ta si

AQUASTEVAE
08-08-2015, 08:20 PM
my offer still stands if it doesn't work out. jfyi. happy to make a vid showing everything.

Luke Fitzpatrick
08-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Hope you folks had a decent weekend. Sill nothing this end. I confirmed with my bank Overclockers have indeed taken the full payment, so I've shot off a strong complaint at them. Getting them to provide evidence of an actual order direct from ASUSTeK, an explanation to why its late and a fixed delivery date. If they can't do that, after having my money for half a month I'll be jumping ship and getting a full refund.

*Insert phone calls and much searching* - Your buddy was right, PC World Business does indeed have G751JY-T7303H's held in stock actually in the UK at a central supplier and can do next day delivery for 2,075.98. (Make sure if you do order, it's the -T7303H version as they currently stock both the old JYs and the new with G-Sync).

One way or another ...

Luke Fitzpatrick
08-10-2015, 10:55 AM
"I can confirm that we have the item on order from our supplier, and in this instance that isn't AsusTek directly ... I have spoken with the purchaser this morning regarding the laptop and he has advised me stock is expected to land with us this week, however I have no exact date to give you" - Samuel Melbourne, B2C Manager Overclockers UK

Smiles69
08-11-2015, 10:01 AM
"I can confirm that we have the item on order from our supplier, and in this instance that isn't AsusTek directly ... I have spoken with the purchaser this morning regarding the laptop and he has advised me stock is expected to land with us this week, however I have no exact date to give you" - Samuel Melbourne, B2C Manager Overclockers UK

I had the same reply, I guess they have sourced them from another distributor, but I'm sure they will be ok, they did knock 100 of for me as laptops direct were offering the item cheaper, I will give them till the end of this week.
Let's us know how you get on.
Cheers
Simon

Luke Fitzpatrick
08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Done with Overclockers, bunch of crooks. They can talk to my legal for a refund.

Just ordered through laptops direct, they just emailed me dispatch 10mins later and it'll be here tomorrow lunchtime. Email kerryjones@laptopsdirect.co.uk or call her direct on 08719710763. Restored my faith in good business! Good luck!

Carnoustie
08-13-2015, 04:01 PM
there are many god sites out there,I ordered a water cooler with Scan for my desktop GTX980 ti 30 min ago,its been dispatched and will be here tomorrow.

Carnoustie
08-14-2015, 11:02 AM
it's here,about 18 hours after ordering.

Carnoustie
08-14-2015, 03:00 PM
no rubbing alcohol or nail varnish remover to be found but vodka removes thermal paste very nicely : )

Luke Fitzpatrick
08-14-2015, 03:19 PM
@Carnoustie what a waste of good vodka ;)

I'm in London today but I am reliably informed I have one G751JY-T7303H sat on the desk back at the office.
Oi Asus - thats a month of HELL you put me through to get your flagship product! The level of bad business you put me through was embarrassing! You seriously need to evaluate how treat potential overseas customers!

Huge thanks to folks who contributed to this thread (again)! If I can help anyone else to pick up one of these drop us a PM.
Cheers, Luke