PDA

View Full Version : 60fps+ No g sync and 30fps+ with g sync has no difference?

ghunter323
07-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi guys i would like to know if 30fps+ with g sync will create a gameplay like you got a 60fps+? Or let me say this, 30fps+ and 60fps+ has no difference if you got g sync on it?

Another question: what will you choose, g sync 970m or non g sync 980m?

Thanks!!!

vempatyappu
07-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Even on 120 fps you'll have screen tearing without G-sync.

Sanctrum
07-25-2015, 06:17 PM
There is no magic. 30fps = 30fps. However with g-sync you will not have ANY tearing and ANY lagging RELATED to the MONITOR - that's all. So 25fps with g-sync is still the same **** as 25fps with v-sync but lagging is not visible... So entire g-sync tech is ok... but REALLY not worth PAYING more than 10$... As you will still feel uncomfortable even with g-sync if FPS at games frequently goes below 30fps... As you will notice lagging but related to GPU... :)

aeolisio
07-25-2015, 06:26 PM
I went with the g-sync 980m the db73x model. The g sync is a noticable improvement on some games but not that impressive for most titles. If you already purchased G-sync monitors or were intending to it might make sense. The 32gb of ram is overkill for anything except VMs and unless you just install games and cant be bothered to delete them when your done 500 gb is overkill for the m.2 so you may want to consider a lesser model. I actually swapped my XP941 for a Sm951 for a noticable improvement on some heavy drive use games like Attila. I was even able to sell my 941 for more the price i paid for my 951 on ebay so it was essentially free.

joshindaphils
07-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Even on 120 fps you'll have screen tearing without G-sync.

Or if you are just concerned about tearing just run v-sync whaala no tearing. I been only running v-sync exclusively since the 90's for this exact reason I can't stand tearing.

The advantages of G-sync are two fold. 1) you get no tearing just like v-sync. 2) instead of waiting for the regular refresh say exactly 1/75 a second. the frame is drawn the instant it is ready (there is a bit more logic to it though). This makes it feel much smoother in when your FPS are down as there is no additional waiting for the next clock / screen refresh.When you GPU. Essentially the refresh rate is now dictated by the GPU and not a fixed rate as dictated by the screens clock.

While some may disagree I feel the only advantage to G-Sync is you can run at higher detail settings and the "feel" is the same as v-sync at lower detail settings. If you can run your game at 75 FPS minimum on a 75Hz panel you will see no benefit to g-sync, on the other hand if your frame rate dips down into the low 40's it will appear much smoother on the g-sync panel.

It is nice tech, but a bit overrated IMO.

ghunter323
07-25-2015, 07:17 PM
There is no magic. 30fps = 30fps. However with g-sync you will not have ANY tearing and ANY lagging RELATED to the MONITOR - that's all. So 25fps with g-sync is still the same **** as 25fps with v-sync but lagging is not visible... So entire g-sync tech is ok... but REALLY not worth PAYING more than 10$... As you will still feel uncomfortable even with g-sync if FPS at games frequently goes below 30fps... As you will notice lagging but related to GPU... :)

Ok correct me if im wrong guys. so there are 2 causes of lag, Monitor and Gpu. Above 30fps= no lag, below 30fps= will experience lag caused by gpu. If 30fps above but still experience lag= lag is caused by monitor. So With g-sync this will remove the lag above 30fps.. And if i got 25fps- I may/can overclock my gpu to run above 30fps *sorry bad english and being noob

MarkChewCR
07-26-2015, 01:00 AM
Yes 60fps+ No g sync and 30fps+ with g sync has no difference.
But since most demanding games will occasionally drops below 60fps, that's where g sync makes the difference.
Without g sync, you will see/feel the drop in smoothess once it goes below 60fps.
With g sync, you will see/feel the drop in smoothess only when it drop way below 30fps.
You get more out of your gpu in the long run. But if you don't play gpu demanding games, it's nothing.

ghunter323
07-26-2015, 02:11 AM
Thanks guys, gsync maybe useful in future games if not now which makes it an advantage and future proof.. Hopefully older 751 will get gsync sooner. But for me i may consider buying a gsync enabled already which it will be an easy option for me since i am not a techie person:) i appreciate all your replies guys. Cheers!

Sanctrum
07-28-2015, 10:02 AM
But if the game constantly changes fps in range 60< - >30... you will still notice it even with g-sync.
Sometimes it's even better to set FPS cap for specific games (eg. The Witcher 3)... I don't know why (maybe it is related to that specific game) not setting FPS cap gives strange g-sync experience... like some kind of temporary interia... don't know how to describe it...

MarkChewCR
07-29-2015, 01:33 AM
I think i know what you mean by the temporary inertia. I experience it when my v-sync is off.
It allows your gpu to run wild when graphics in game is not demanding. I remember my FPS goes beyond 100 when that happens. But I haven't play witcher 3 yet, so it could be the game's issue.

What i know is that g-sync only deals with below 60 fps.
Beyond 60 fps, you have to toggle v-sync. As v-sync on equals to FPS cap, it auto-caps FPS at monitor default to prevent screen tearing.

Nvidia used to force v-sync on when g-sync is on. But it now follows freesync method of letting you choose.

Nemix
07-29-2015, 08:50 AM
You'll only notice the advantage with G-Sync on fast paced 3D games, with 45+ frames and with panels that have less than 8ms response time.

Currently the IPS G-Sync enabled panels on the G751 models have a pretty horrible response time of 25ms, G-Sync will still help with tearing and stutter but the low response time and ghosting with these G-Sync compatible panels is what's dragging the tech down.