PDA

View Full Version : Annoying and strange screen Problem G751 24gb

Filanwizard
07-27-2015, 07:46 AM
I think its the JY model I forget

I have this issue where the screen gets odd lines and odd fickers off. This happens if I am typing or not typing, I did send it in for an RMA and the only thing done was an OS reimage so the issue was not resolved on return. I do not know if I should just do another RMA or not. SInce I am passed the just swap it with my retailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdC0ZM_o7c

Sorry for any movement with the video I have no tripod for my phone, But it was shot in HD and not vertical XD

clockworksatan
07-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Hmm, that definitely looks like a hardware issue. Possibly a faulty motherboard, graphics card or display - or even poorly seated RAM modules. I'm dismayed for you that they didn't spot this and sent it back without properly checking it.

I'd RMA it again straight away if I were you and I'd make a big noise about them sending it back you and it still being faulty.

Filanwizard
07-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I sent it back and included a link to the video in the RMA along with a good description.

GottiBoi55
07-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Hi Filanwizard, and welcome to the ROG Forum.

That's a "Refresh Rate" issue, not hardware.
You could have fixed this issue by creating a "Custom Refresh Rate" in the nvidia control panel.

Good luck, and good gaming!

Filanwizard
08-10-2015, 08:02 PM
hmm it came back and still had the problem.

I did a custom refresh and so far it seems fine. I have to ask why is this? Seems strange running at the mfg suggested refresh would have an issue but I run it at 80hz and all is well. I am not yet brave enough to try that post to go for 100hz and V-Sync.

di Valenti
08-10-2015, 08:25 PM
I have a similar issue on my G71 -- with that system the culprit is the video cable between the GPU and the LDC boards - where it goes from the body to the LCD through the hinge... it has done that for years - it seems that if the LCD is opened and the cable is at a particular angle when opened it causes that - fixe is I close and reopen the LCD... or move it a little more or less open and back again... basically, it's some kind of cable issue - I have taken it apart and looked at it and everything is fine physically, I can only think that there is a micro crimping effect going on when it's sitting three closed and when you open it at times it just stars to do that... I would replace the cable, but it honestly hasn't been a major issue for me, and I am so used to it now, and it's such an easy fix that I haven't bothered. I do watch it for it to get worse or change - but it's hasn't and so... meh.

I would say your system will work fine for years with this issue with no problems - but if you have concern you might want to have a look at that part... it's a pretty small flat cable section and it has to twist flat in side the hinge of the G71 - in the G751 it may be a flat close, but I am not sure... don't know how that cable runs.

Try this: put the refresh to default and when it starts to do that move the lid a little back or forward (change the angle of the open LCD a little) and see if it stops.

That might do it -if that is the case - then that is the issue - hardware video cable - if not then it's something else. At that point, have them replace the cable.

Just ran into this post also:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54283-ASUS-G751-overclock-screen-refresh-rate-to-75hz-quick-and-easy!

You might want to play with that as an option also. 75hz custom anyway.