PDA

View Full Version : G75VW - VIA AUDIO/WINDOWS 10 Work Around

PudgeamusPrime
07-28-2015, 03:14 PM
UPDATED: 09/04/17 - Creators Update/Anniversary update fixes - Please at least update to Anniversary edition of windows 10 for these fixes to work. Thanks and Cheers.

Windows 10 Creators Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/NZIyjIPCDUY

Windows 10 Anniversary Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/VrQVdKnxL70

How to check your current version of Windows 10

Method 1: Hit the windows key and then type "winver" and press enter.

Method 2: Hit the windows key and type "cmd" and press Enter. Now type winver and press enter.

If you see “Version 1703” then the Windows 10 Creators Update is installed on your computer.

If you see “Version 1607” then the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on your computer.

Anything lower than “Version 1607” and you will need to update your Windows 10 to at least the Anniversary Update. We recommend updating to the creator's update.

Anything higher than “Version 1703” you are probably on insiders build of Windows 10. Try the Creators Update fix but we can't guarantee it will work.

GodsApocalypse
07-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Have you found other issues with drivers after installing Win10? Does this driver issue also apply to G75VX? I am considering the upgrade. Was DirectX 12 worth it? How is the system now overall after the install of Win10? Thanks for the feedback!

PudgeamusPrime
07-30-2015, 03:44 AM
System is running fine.
I am in I.T and I have had windows 10 RTM build for some time installed on my laptop. The only issue I had was the Windows 8.1 Via software or windows 7 software would not work with windows 10. Everything else works fine. I updated my ATK from a new rog model, Not sure which. If your rog version uses via audio it might also use the same audio chip. If you have via audio and 2.1 sound you will probably run into the same issue . Follow the tutorial above and uninstall vdeck or whatever via software you have as you will now configure your sound through the enhancements tab in sound under configure. Natively the nvidia 600 series video cards support dx11 and dx12 api as well but it may not support all features of directx 12 as they are a bit older and DX12 was in mind but also in it's infancy at the time. That said.. I have not had a chance to test games yet as my school schedule has been crazy as of late.. I mostly installed 10 for features, Smaller footprint, Performance and Startmenu.

Here is an article explaining DX12 and the Nvidia 600 Series - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_series

I would recommend doing an update so if you run into major issues you can role it back.

I also had issues with certain pieces of software which just had to be re-installed. (Not a biggy)
- Vmware
- Nik Photoshop Plugin

kakero
07-30-2015, 04:30 AM
So are you saying the Win7 drivers work better on Win10 than the Win8 drivers? I wonder if this works on G55VW too (that's my system) not sure how different the audio chipsets between these models are.

PudgeamusPrime
07-30-2015, 04:44 AM
So are you saying the Win7 drivers work better on Win10 than the Win8 drivers? I wonder if this works on G55VW too (that's my system) not sure how different the audio chipsets between these models are.

Yes that is correct. I always found the Windows 7 software worked better on 8 and 8.1 as well with the g75vw on multiple installs. I consider it the most stable driver so I recommend it. The key here really though is just to remove via's software so it lets go of the audio card and then force windows to recognize 2.1 sound in a kinda manipulative way so that it works correctly and you also have the features you previously had with the via audio software but through windows enhancements tab instead.

Hope it helps :)

Cheers.

kakero
07-30-2015, 05:23 AM
Tried your method on my G55VW: so far it removed the problem of having two separate playback devices for the speakers and the audio jack (headphones) that I have to set to default whenever I plug in/take out a set of earphones. However, I still can't configure it as a surround/2.1 device. I only have a stereo option, so no subwoofer yet. Will try other driver versions when I have time later, and report back whatever would work best.

PudgeamusPrime
07-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Tried your method on my G55VW: so far it removed the problem of having two separate playback devices for the speakers and the audio jack (headphones) that I have to set to default whenever I plug in/take out a set of earphones. However, I still can't configure it as a surround/2.1 device. I only have a stereo option, so no subwoofer yet. Will try other driver versions when I have time later, and report back whatever would work best.

Did you select 2.1 in the enhancements tab? Also did you configure your laptop as 5.1 and shut off the rear speakers?

kakero
07-30-2015, 05:32 AM
I'm aware of those settings, but currently there's no option for 5.1 in configure, and no 2.1 in properties/enhancements.

PudgeamusPrime
07-30-2015, 05:37 AM
I'm aware of those settings, but currently there's no option for 5.1 in configure, and no 2.1 in properties/enhancements.

Hrmmm.. this isn't their?

Maybe Try WIN 8.1's driver or check windows update for a default driver and see if it gives you 5.1 to gain control of your woofer.

kakero
07-30-2015, 05:42 AM
Hrmmm.. this isn't their?
Nope, only Stereo is in there.

Maybe Try WIN 8.1's, Might change that or check windows update.

Already tried both Win7x64 and Win8x64. Maybe I should try working back to previous driver versions to see if it would make any difference now.

Kkloe
07-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Had also a problem with sound, went into advanced tab that is shown in post below and clicked the button to restore factory settings as not even the Test button did work at first under advanced tab, after the reset it worked with no problem

Did you select 2.1 in the enhancements tab? Also did you configure your laptop as 5.1 and shut off the rear speakers?

Indyjones
07-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Tried your method. I'm able to install the old audio driver, but there is no 5.1 surround sound option. Which driver # did you use?

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 01:37 AM
Which Model of laptop do you have?

bloodwraith
07-31-2015, 01:38 AM
I have a G75VW-NS71 and I have tried all your tricks including both win8/7 drivers and get no 5.1 options or 2.1 options in my audio enhancement section. I did disable windows attempting to automatically install drivers for me and did isolate my internet connection to prevent overwrite but still is a problem. Have you heard anything else on what might work maybe an adjustment to an inf file or anything?

to disable windows attempting to auto install drivers you can
-right click start
-open system
-click advanced systems settings
-click hardware tab
- click device installation settings
-select "no let me choose what to do" then never install driver software from windows update.

This may or may not work on home version but pro definitely

(credit for driver auto install fix goes to here http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/07/windows-10/disable-automatic-device-driver-downloads-windows-10.html )

bloodwraith
07-31-2015, 02:16 AM
Thanks for that tip. Did you set your speakers as the default communication device and sound device? Also. Post a screen shot of your sound manager if you can.507395074050741

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 02:34 AM
The last pic in your post, Click on the details tab and select hardware id's in the drop down. Click the top number so it copys to clip board and post it. Checking your via chipset.

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 02:40 AM

Also, Try this driver instead. I posted the wrong one by accident.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_VIA_Win8_VER60101400.zip

Lordvonbagge
07-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the help!
Had alot of problems with getting the old drivers removed and getting automatic updates from Windows..
Also my Headset didnt work the first time around, microphone did but i only had voice through the speakers..

I followed the guide in first page and now everything works fine!

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the help!
Had alot of problems with getting the old drivers removed and getting automatic updates from Windows..
Also my Headset didnt work the first time around, microphone did but i only had voice through the speakers..

I followed the guide in first page and now everything works fine!

Thank you for the feedback @Lordvonbaggee, It's much appreciated.

bloodwraith
07-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Also, Try this driver instead. I posted the wrong one by accident.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_VIA_Win8_VER60101400.zip

thank you I will respond back as soon as I get it done. lots of stuff going on today

thbdwn
07-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Keep in mind there is no way to stop Windows 10 from updating the drivers it considers out of date as of this moment. This is the model MS is taking as Windows 10 will eventually become a service model and free users will be the testing beds for drivers. It's the trade off for the free install.

Here's a Microsoft tool that lets you disable the update for good: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

draganchris
07-31-2015, 05:44 PM
I have followed all the different steps everyone has put up here, and they have all work for me kind of.
I get sound, but not from all the speakers. On installing the last driver set only my subwoofer works none of my tweeters behind the screen, and
windows is telling me its playing sound through the headphone jack.
If I go and switch to the speakers as default in sound options my tweeters will play sound and not my woofer?
Anyone got any ideas on this or come across this issue as well?

thbdwn
07-31-2015, 05:58 PM
I have followed all the different steps everyone has put up here, and they have all work for me kind of.
I get sound, but not from all the speakers. On installing the last driver set only my subwoofer works none of my tweeters behind the screen, and
If I go and switch to the speakers as default in sound options my tweeters will play sound and not my woofer?
I had this too. I'm honestly not entirely sure how I fixed it in the end. I downloaded lots of different drivers, including the ones in this thread. In the end, I ended up with the ones mentioned here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22889-Workaround-for-the-Subwoofer-Audio-Problems-G55-G75

These let me do what OP is describing: adjust the 2.1 / subwoofer settings + EQ. Had to install them twice for them to work, though. Didn't seem to detect any VIA devices on the first run.

Feels nice to be able to max that 12k slider in the EQ again

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 06:47 PM
I had this too. I'm honestly not entirely sure how I fixed it in the end. I downloaded lots of different drivers, including the ones in this thread. In the end, I ended up with the ones mentioned here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22889-Workaround-for-the-Subwoofer-Audio-Problems-G55-G75

These let me do what OP is describing: adjust the 2.1 / subwoofer settings + EQ. Had to install them twice for them to work, though. Didn't seem to detect any VIA devices on the first run.

Yeah, There seems to be varying chipset versions as well so certain drivers will work better on certain chipsets. The key is to stop driver enforcement and use a driver that gains access to 5.1 in order to configure 2.1. Seems anything below 400 and below for these drivers work better than anything newer like the 600 or 800 drivers.

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 06:55 PM

Hey dragan, If you are seeing that it says it's playing through your headset in sound that means you have the 800 driver installed from windows update for windows 10. You need to shut off windows 10 driver enforcement which is the first step of my tutorial and install that driver and use the 400 driver I suggested.

OR

If it shows you have the 600 or 400 driver and it's still there. Make sure you read the first thing in my post to disable windows from updating your drivers from windows update and then disable the driver in device manager and re enable it or reboot.. also set your speakers as default device.

PudgeamusPrime
07-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Here's a Microsoft tool that lets you disable the update for good: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

It changes it through registry which means there is no way back if you then want updates later from windows update. We found a way to disable it and it's the first thing on my method you do at the top of my post. Its actually just a setting under system. Both ways will work but the setting way will let you switch it back and forth.

bloodwraith
07-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately I have tried both 200 and 400 win 8 and win 7 and nothing works, all the same thing the whole time :(

jowens1126
07-31-2015, 11:55 PM
Just finished installing win 10. Everything is fine except my headphones no longer work. any ideas?

jowens1126
08-01-2015, 03:29 AM
ok so I took the time and carefully went thru these instructions in post #1 and Everything is working now! Thanks to the OP for the fix!

PudgeamusPrime
08-01-2015, 04:09 AM
ok so I took the time and carefully went thru these instructions in post #1 and Everything is working now! Thanks to the OP for the fix!
Thanks for your feed back :) Glad I could help ! Cheers !!!

PudgeamusPrime
08-01-2015, 04:10 AM
UPDATE: VIDEO TUTORIAL BY ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1V-DmkkMP0

ATTENTION: PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS DRIVER FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL
http://bit.ly/1IvPKlW

TokoDude
08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
File not found."

Update download link for driver please.

PudgeamusPrime
08-01-2015, 03:44 PM
File not found."

Update download link for driver please.

Hey, Thanks for the tip and my apologies, Link has been updated :)

bugme-not
08-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Very nice. I am liking the updated tutorial. Especially the tip with pnputil. :)

It changes it through registry which means there is no way back if you then want updates later from windows update. We found a way to disable it and it's the first thing on my method you do at the top of my post. Its actually just a setting under system. Both ways will work but the setting way will let you switch it back and forth.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
The tool does disable the hidden update of course, but it also does allow you to unhide the update; So isn't there a way to get updates later if you are able to show it again? Albeit manually, but still. Maybe your goal with stopping driver enforcement is to allow the user to see and decide if they want to install the new driver when one comes out (if one that works ever does)?

P.P.S. Sorry about the way I worded my initial posting. It definitely was worded the wrong way, and it was never meant as an intention to slight your work or say that your instructions were bad in some way. I know you put a lot of time into figuring this out, and your tutorial, and I thank you for it (another reason why I wanted to contribute to the topic). Seeing as your new tutorial addressed everything I was trying to address, there's no reason for my post anymore, so I have removed it. (Also the other ones that quoted some things that you would rather not be seen, seeing as you removed your posts as well)

djmaro21
08-03-2015, 05:58 AM
There is a problem. Everything is work perfectly buy after reboot I don`t have bass on the headphones. So, still somethig is wrong. Any ideas?

zoram
08-03-2015, 11:02 AM
That didn't work for me. No 5.1 option.
Ultimately I found something that solved the lack of automatic switching between speakers and headphone ---> install generic windows driver instead of VIA one. However bass still doesnt work and microphone went from nearly not working (volume so low Cortana doesn't hear you) to not working at all.
For now, I just reverted to Windows auto update, no subwoofer and switching between headphones and speakers manually ....

bugme-not
08-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Maybe we should try to document experiences with different model types (and what we did), that way we can start to correlate the different things happening with models.

PudgeamusPrime
08-04-2015, 04:10 AM
There is a problem. Everything is work perfectly buy after reboot I don`t have bass on the headphones. So, still somethig is wrong. Any ideas?

Chances are it reinstalled the update again. Go back through my video tut. It shows you what settings to choose in order to stop the push.

PudgeamusPrime
08-04-2015, 04:15 AM
The fix is geared towards people with G75VW. I have tried it on slight variations of the laptop with some students in my program and it works. Can you tell me what model of laptop you have. If you have the Headphones in your sound properties changes are you either have the windows 10 driver or just installed the win 8 driver over top but didn't disable/enable it. I have a video tutorial up. it might be easier to follow. If your model is different it's going to be hard to help. If your model is the same you should go over the tutorial again slowly. I promise it works. I may be slow to respond as it is exam season for me but I promise I will get back to you if you need help.

Cheers

Alex Jordan
08-04-2015, 04:23 AM
It doesn't show 5.1 option :(

PudgeamusPrime
08-04-2015, 04:29 AM
Hey Alex, check the body of your laptop for a model number.

djmaro21
08-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Chances are it reinstalled the update again. Go back through my video tut. It shows you what settings to choose in order to stop the push.

I did it few times. Now I`m using Windows standard high definition audio driver. I don`t have subwoofer but I have bass in headphones.
I turn off auto update the drivers but "sometimes" after reboot, Windows is installing...VIA HD audio:)

kdash2008
08-04-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm back to Windows 7.
Via HD audio doesn't works with any work around.
HD Panel doesn't open anymore in Windows 10. Just click and nothing.
Subwoofer works (alone without the standard speakers) if you choose Headphones periferal in control panel -> sound.
With a combination of trials a can get the sound working but the quality is inferior and sometimes the sound stops and all problems happens again.
I will wait for Via or Asus provide a solution. By the way I already activated Windows 10, my licence is definitely guaranteed.
My first post here. Sorry for bad english.

bugme-not
08-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I think that there's more to this than the driver, because I got the 5.1 channel to appear AND work with the latest driver (11.800 or something), but the option ONLY showed up after I installed the package (2 times, not one). The same goes for any other driver I've tried, no matter how old. I believe that that's why the instructions didn't work for me last time, until I played around and installed the package, which got it working. (Side note, still avoid 11.800, because it won't get rid of the separation of headphones and speakers like the older driver will allow; The pesky auto update of the new driver would keep installing too, even after I disabled the driver installations in the settings.. So I just hid the update.. Not sure if that was the case because I was pressing the Windows Check Updates button or not, but it might've happened even if I didn't press that)

PudgeamusPrime, did you do a clean install, or upgrade when you tried this? I wonder if maybe some of the files from before the upgrade made the 2.1 channel work properly for you.. At least my experience is what I said above. TH71 model by the way.

I will wait for Via or Asus provide a solution. By the way I already activated Windows 10, my licence is definitely guaranteed.
Would be nice if they did, but I don't hold too much hope since this is an older model. But I can wish too, because that would be quite awesome to have things working properly. Who knows! There is technically a newer driver installed for us from Windows update, so maybe they will fix the subwoofer problem too.

I turn off auto update the drivers but "sometimes" after reboot, Windows is installing...VIA HD audio:)
It's probably time to hide the update.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

DredPirateStorm
08-04-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm having all the same issues others are posting about. I tried following the procedure in the OP and I can't see the 5.1 sound. Windows also auto-updated my drivers on the next reset despite having the VIA updates hidden using the KB above. Hopefully they fix this soon. It appears that with the default drivers my headphones don't work. They test the sounds, but plugging them in does not make the sounds come out of them permanently.

zoram
08-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Is there any hope that Asus will provide updated drivers for this ?
I find it rather offputting having a perfectly working computer that is now limited by lack of support. Looks like programmed obsolescence to me.

Not sure if this behavior is common to all manufacturers, but as much as I love the ROG, when time comes for a replacement, I'll take a closer look at long term support. For the price this machine did cost, no more drivers update after three years, that's low.

PudgeamusPrime
08-05-2015, 04:14 AM
Windows has the auto update so far pushed permanently at the moment as they are switching to a pay model in the future. If you were wondering why you got an operating system for free.. this is why unfortunately. Please post the model of your computer found on the bottom of your laptop. This will not work for different configurations of this specific laptop.

PudgeamusPrime
08-05-2015, 04:16 AM
3 Years support is actually pretty long in this day in age. That said yes it's a pain for sure. I would assume via will release some form of generic driver that will work adventually.

PudgeamusPrime
08-05-2015, 04:18 AM
Please don't use KB's unless you are sure what they do. You have a registry in windows and it's fragile kinda like the brain. KB's usually don't have a switch to turn them off and on, It's usually one setting so you have to registry dive to fix the issue if it causes more or want to revert in the future. The KB does pretty much the same thing as turning off auto updates in windows settings. Please post your model number from the bottom of your laptop so we can figure out what models are affected.

PudgeamusPrime
08-05-2015, 04:19 AM
It worked with mine. Please post the model number found on the bottom of your laptop. Thanks :)

PudgeamusPrime
08-05-2015, 04:21 AM
Figures, once you have the 1400 installed and then the via hd audio driver installs after reboot you just have to uninstall it and it will go back to the previous driver then disable and re enable it. If that is working for you though thats cool to.

DianneB
08-05-2015, 08:07 AM
I left the 800 driver in place. I got the subwoofer to work in speaker mode with full 5.1 surround, but I have to disable and re-enable the VIA HD AUDIO driver each time I start up the computer. After that, there are no issues with the subwoofer for the duration of the session. G75VW-RH71.

kdash2008
08-06-2015, 01:13 PM
I provided a new hd for testing purposes. Since I activated Windows 10 by upgrading Windows 7, now I can install a clear Windows 10 using Microsoft Windows 10 Media creation tool. Just ignore when asks for cd-key and when Windows is finished and internet is active, the system will be activated automatically with no issues. The sound driver by microsoft is basic, only speakers, no bass. Now I will try a lot of attempts and if succeeded I will back to report my method. Hope it works.

FlowingEdge
08-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Have been having similar problems to everyone else.
Model: G55VW - DS71
Only stereo shows up. Followed the video until the 5.1 surround sound step. Have tried both win764 and win864 versions of driver.

Hardware IDs after video:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431C13&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431C13

Driver Ver: 6.0.10.1400

Ruffler
08-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi all.

I asked VIA if they are planning on releasing a Windows 10 driver for the VIA HD Audio chip we are having problems with and this is the prompt reply I received from the marketing department the NEXT day:

"Hello,
As Windows 10 was just recently released, we are waiting for some verifications on our drivers and they will be released very shortly.
Thanks in advance for your patience,

VIA Marketing

Taiwan"

They might be blowing smoke, but it does seem encouraging. Fingers crossed.

I own an ASUS G75VW SS71 CBIL. I tried all the excellent tips here, but so far I have been unsuccessful in getting the audio to work as it did in Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

X_Splinter
08-07-2015, 08:49 PM

It's didnt work with me... Also the VIA Audi Deck doesnt work with Win10

PudgeamusPrime
08-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Have been having similar problems to everyone else.
Model: G55VW - DS71
Only stereo shows up. Followed the video until the 5.1 surround sound step. Have tried both win764 and win864 versions of driver.

Hardware IDs after video:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431C13&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431C13

Driver Ver: 6.0.10.1400
Thank you for doing this. Clearly different chip sets.

Yours: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431C13& REV_1000
Mine: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431487&REV_1000

PudgeamusPrime
08-07-2015, 10:01 PM
It's didnt work with me... Also the VIA Audi Deck doesnt work with Win10

This is correct. Chances are you have different chipset. Don't use the driver from this video. Go to the asus site and find the one for your model. Then try the steps i mentioned.

PudgeamusPrime
08-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Hi all.

I asked VIA if they are planning on releasing a Windows 10 driver for the VIA HD Audio chip we are having problems with and this is the prompt reply I received from the marketing department the NEXT day:

"Hello,
As Windows 10 was just recently released, we are waiting for some verifications on our drivers and they will be released very shortly.

VIA Marketing

Taiwan"

I own an ASUS G75VW SS71 CBIL. I tried all the excellent tips here, but so far I have been unsuccessful in getting the audio to work as it did in Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

This sounds like a generic response but it's cool that they answered you :) FINGERS CROSSED> THANKS FOR THE INFO BTW>

bugme-not
08-09-2015, 04:37 PM
I have G75VW-TH71, and my audio driver chipset is :
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431487&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431487

Driver version is 6.0.1.10600 (I found that this driver gives superior sound versus 6.0.10.1400)

P.S. Couldn't get 5.1 channel to work without actually installing the Win8 6.0.10.1400 driver first (which must've patched something), then uninstalling the driver and going back to the 6.0.1.10600 (which has better quality for me, particularly concerning the subwoofer).

Issues with 6.0.10.1400: It seems that the subwoofer volume is not in sync with the tweeter volume. I did not verify this, but it seems that the higher the subwoofer, the lower the tweeters (or at least, the tweeters don't really make a difference). This is not a problem with 6.0.1.10600

Hi all.

"Hello,

VIA Marketing

Taiwan"

That would be absolutely amazing! No more dreaded workarounds!

bdawwgg
08-11-2015, 07:05 AM
I cant for the life of me enable it to get the 5.1 or 2.1 to work.
i have the same chipset
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431487& REV_1000

It just sounds empty with out the sub-woofer (mini driver) I can handle it but definitely is going two steps back since upgrading to win 10.
Any advice? Ive followed the steps rebooting each time. ive tried the 200, 400, and 600 series drivers and wasnt able to configure 5.1 on any of them.

Platinum
08-11-2015, 11:38 AM
FINALLY a solution that worked!

Also, i have a possible solution to those experiencing not being able to see the 5.1 option.

When i followed the instructions, it only showed stereo. Now, i also realized i did not have VDeck after i followed the instructions either.
soooo...
i went into the folder that you had posted to download for the 1400, and there in the main area before even going into any subfolders (aka NOT going into DIFXAPI or VIAHDAud) there is a "Setup.exe". So i ran it....
it opened up a console window and after a while of wondering if it was even doing anything while waiting... it closed all on its own and finished. Sure enough, a VDeck icon was back on my desktop.
I restarted my laptop...
as for the order of what i did next, i can't remember exactly. but i did go back to the sound settings and click configure... and 5.1 was now an option again. i set it to have the 2 front mains, the center, and the subwoofer. everything "full range". i went back to the VDeck icon, went to the file location, and ran it as admin. what do you know... IT OPENED. IT RAN. The program works! you can tweak all the stuff you could right when you got your laptop brand new.
Best part: after you set how "much" bass you want, it scales the mini-woofer volume as you adjust your main volume. just like it is intended.

My laptop is back to original functionality! WITH windows 10.

so thankyou for your great instructions in doing a full clean install. hopefully the extra bit i added helps anyone seeing only stereo as an option.

P.S. if something doesn't show up or work right away, try restarting, then going back to where you were trying to continue. I did restart several times during the ordeal as well.

UPDATE 1:
I noticed that the settings for the equalizer and other stuff didn't really get controlled from the VDeck like before. i had to go into the sound settings (right click speaker icon > playback devices) to actually activate/deactivate the equalizer. Also, when i lowered the "bass", the overall volume got really quiet. So it actually doesn't work with factory fuctionality. However, i can change the volume between the mini-woofer and the two speakers, and adjusting the main volume adjusts both simultaneously still. The quietness can also be adjusted by using the equalizer (raise all frequency gains)

UPDATE 2:
for some reason - even with automatic updates for drivers turned off in the advanced system settings - it randomly updated my driver again. Fortunately all i had to do is roll back the driver and it worked again. If someone knows the reason why it still updated the driver, or has a fix for that, please do share.

dougomac
08-11-2015, 03:26 PM
I have sound again. Although not completely. I only have the option for stereo sound and only my right speaker is working. I tried both drivers win7 and 8 with no change. I am not computer savy at all and appreciate the fact that I have sound again though

ZoidbergForPresident
08-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Hello,

G75VM-1171V here. I'm having trouble with this too. I've followed the instructions (don't forget to prevent Windows update to reupdate, any other option will revert to the first bullet option) and it kinda works. Not sure about the bass stuff but I, too, can't select 2.1, also the microphone doesn't seem to work.

So I'm asking this, are VIA/ASUS looking into this? I'm quite bummed at the lack of support for this from both of them, I had lots of issues even when I was still on win7 (sound switching from headphones through speakers randomly etc). It's too bad because apart from the lousy sound hardware and software, I had been quite happy with that laptop. But as it stands, if and when I change my laptop, I will not go for an asus...

FlowingEdge
08-12-2015, 07:58 AM
So I tried the setup.exe method that Platinum mentioned. I can confirm that this allowed me to have access to 5.1 surround sound and the subwoofer now is working. After restarting I did some testing with the sound and found my monobass option was back. I tried to change around the bass but the bass wasn't functioning.

After, I tried redoing the update driver from the folder again like in the tutorial; after a restart, my bass can now be controlled and now I have most of my sound quality back. Since I was fiddling with an equalizer as well, I just need to fix the slight muffling and I'll be a happy camper.

ZoidbergForPresident
08-12-2015, 08:00 AM
G75VM-1171V

OK, I've tried with the Windows 7 drivers I kept as backups for reinstalls (tried to upload them but it doesn't seem to work - also, I've used the setup), unfortunately the sound is, like other people on this thread, really quiet... :/

Going back to the impractical broken official drivers for Windows 10...

Quasimodem
08-12-2015, 11:02 PM
I managed to get everything working by following the guide, but now I always have the same volume level no matter what I set it to. Any ideas?

Quasimodem
08-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Reverted back to Windows Update driver, configured it by unchecking Side Pair, and Surround, and all is working now. Anyone care to share their equalizer settings?

Ruffler
08-14-2015, 05:57 PM
I've gone to Asus support site for Notebooks to see if ANY Windows 10 drivers are available for the G75VW. So far only WIndows 7 & 8. I checked the more recent ROG Notebooks like the ASUS ROG G751JM and there are Drivers for WIndows 10 x64 and WIndows 8.1 x64. I've emailed ASUS to ask if they will support the G75VW with Windows 10 x64 drivers, especially the VIA HD Audio driver. I've got a sinking feeling that we are going to be in work-around hell from now on as I don't believe they will support the older G series. It's just my gut-feel mind you. I'll hope for the best as I try the work-arounds again.

ZoidbergForPresident
08-14-2015, 10:30 PM
I've gone to Asus support site for Notebooks to see if ANY Windows 10 drivers are available for the G75VW. So far only WIndows 7 & 8. I checked the more recent ROG Notebooks like the ASUS ROG G751JM and there are Drivers for WIndows 10 x64 and WIndows 8.1 x64. I've emailed ASUS to ask if they will support the G75VW with Windows 10 x64 drivers, especially the VIA HD Audio driver. I've got a sinking feeling that we are going to be in work-around hell from now on as I don't believe they will support the older G series. It's just my gut-feel mind you. I'll hope for the best as I try the work-arounds again.

It certainly seems like ASUS is going to do that.

But it's alright in the end: in the meantime I will "work around" the ASUS brand altogether if that happens to be the case. :)

Ruffler
08-14-2015, 11:33 PM
The thing that really bugs me about WIndows 10 upgrade, is that I was able to upgrade a 5 year old Toshiba laptop and an EIGHT year old DELL Precision with only very minor tweaks. My 3 year old G75VW is my gaming/biz machine & all this nonsense with VIA problems and a few others. GO figger!

DarkFox
08-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Yes, ASUS always casts its customers (stops support) =(

Ruffler
08-17-2015, 04:56 PM
I just received the official reply from ASUS regarding if my G75VW will be fully supported in WIndows 10. This is the answer
:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Lijay and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Unfortunately,this model is not in the list which model supports upgrade to windows 10. There are no windows 10 drivers for this model on our support website.Please go back to the previous OS.
www.asus.com\support\FAQ\1013060

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
ASUS Support Web: http://support.asus.com
Technical Support: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
Complaint or Suggestion: http:/vip.asus.com/eservice/cus_suggest.aspx

Best Regards,
Lijay
ASUS Product Support Team

DISCLAIMER - All statements, written, illustrated -graphics or any type of content/information present within these emails (s) are considered "off the record"/ confidential and not for publication. All information contained is direct privileged communication between the sender and recipient.
This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct consent from the sender.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

We are now officially out of luck! This is my last ASUS product. I have been a customer for close to 20 years.

bugme-not
08-17-2015, 08:43 PM
When I used the Microsoft support tool to hide and show updates, I noticed a VIA HD audio driver update for Win 10 (it said specifically in the description), however it seems to never have installed, and won't show up anywhere else (like the official Windows update area). Strange.

Edit: I am sure all of you would love a screenshot, wouldn't you? :o

DarkFox
08-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Yesss!!!
Via HD Audio driver 6.0.11.1000 WHQL (11.10.00.32.150811) (http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/45951/Via_High_Definition_Audio_11.1000.zip)
OS compatibility Windows: XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (x32/x64)

Works VIA HD Audio Deck!
If you install drivers subwoofer barely audible:
1. Remove the old version of the drivers.
2. Turn off the Internet.
3. Reboot.
4. Install the new drivers.

DarkFox
08-17-2015, 10:11 PM
I just received the official reply from ASUS regarding if my G75VW will be fully supported in WIndows 10. This is the answer
:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Lijay and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Unfortunately,this model is not in the list which model supports upgrade to windows 10. There are no windows 10 drivers for this model on our support website.Please go back to the previous OS.
www.asus.com\support\FAQ\1013060

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
ASUS Support Web: http://support.asus.com
Technical Support: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
Complaint or Suggestion: http:/vip.asus.com/eservice/cus_suggest.aspx

Best Regards,
Lijay
ASUS Product Support Team

DISCLAIMER - All statements, written, illustrated -graphics or any type of content/information present within these emails (s) are considered "off the record"/ confidential and not for publication. All information contained is direct privileged communication between the sender and recipient.
This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct consent from the sender.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

We are now officially out of luck! This is my last ASUS product. I have been a customer for close to 20 years.

Was to be proved. And believe me, in Russian tech support is even worse.

zoram
08-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Was to be proved. And believe me, in Russian tech support is even worse.

for laptops in that price range, it really is a shame.
The sound never was reliable to start with, but that is demonstrating a particular sales philosophy.

I pay top euros to have a machine that is both powerful and durable. If the durable part is artificially removed via programmed obsolescence, kind of make this a silly investment.

We're lucky that it's "just" sound and trackpad that are affected, as far as I know, but I would try to bring my business to a company that offers at least drivers updates threee years on on 1500 + € machines !

Real shame, as I really liked the ROG (appart from ****ty sound). But that and the shoddy after sales support (in France anyway ) ....

Almighty1
08-18-2015, 05:23 AM
6.0.11.1000 can be downloaded here as well:
http://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/45951/Via_High_Definition_Audio_11.1000.zip

bugme-not
08-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Just curious. How did you guys find the driver? It's not yet on the official Via website..

Edit: I got my official update. It's only the driver. No Via HD Software, and no 5.1 channel surround. But maybe the driver itself is still good. I'm going to test the software above and try to use this specific driver that was installed for me (thankfully Windows update is persistent with installing the updates haha).

rexuzroma
08-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Just curious. How did you guys find the driver? It's not yet on the official Via website..

Edit: I got my official update. It's only the driver. No Via HD Software, and no 5.1 channel surround. But maybe the driver itself is still good. I'm going to test the software above and try to use this specific driver that was installed for me (thankfully Windows update is persistent with installing the updates haha).

Good News guys. Via has released the latest Windows 10 driver dated 19-Aug, downloadable from here

http://download.viatech.com/en/support/driversSelect.jsp

Works like magic. Finally the 5.1 working as it should.

bugme-not
08-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Good News guys. Via has released the latest Windows 10 driver dated 19-Aug, downloadable from here

The one from Windows update didn't enable 5.1 for me (no surprise). I suspect that the link you have sent that installs the official software would probably work, however that problem with the headphones and speaker being separated still bother me. I went back to my working 600 driver. :) You are not able to get the headphones and speakers together are you? I hate having to go into the panel and manually switch them every time.

Ruffler
08-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Well at least I got the Sub to work with the new driver. Worked the 5.1 into 2.1 so I have left-right-Sub working now - what a relief! The Headphone - Speaker proglem still exists however. At least I've moved forward enough to possibly keep Win 10 installed for more than half an hour now & try to tweak my way into a stable OS.

kdash2008
08-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Yes ! The new driver works flawlessly. The audio issue is over. Thanks for reporting !

atran808
08-22-2015, 03:02 AM
I followed your instruction but had same problem as others in this thread, no 5.1 speaker option. After a few uninstall and reinstall trial-and-errors, the 5.1 speaker option suddenly appeared and it was all good after that :)

Thanks Bro

nowblank
08-28-2015, 03:00 PM
@bugme-not
what is the problem with new driver explain

Sockendieb
09-13-2015, 07:17 PM
I installed the windows10 driver from viatec and resolved the newly created problem with headphones thanks to Decee1's thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?75228-Asus-ROG-G75VW-Audio-Driver-for-Windows-10-Quailty-configuration

Sebas007
09-20-2015, 03:20 PM
ok i have a Asus G75VW and i had issue with my 2.1 speakers. it was a JOKE. i could't figure why it was working super well with window 8.1 and on window 10. the update that they provide didn't do **** and made it WORST.
i looked at some forums and it didnt solve my issue.

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HAS ME FOLLOW THIS LINK
http://download.viatech.com/en/suppo...versSelect.jsp

VIA Vinyl HD Audio Driver Dated: 19-Aug-2015
Download version V11.10b
OS supported Windows 10 32-bit / 64-bit
Chips supported VIA Vinyl VT1705, VT1708S, VT1802P, VT1802S, VT1828S, and VT2021 HD Audio codecs.
Notes This is a LOGO driver.
This download provides a general sound effects driver with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors customize audio hardware and software, so to ensure optimal sound quality and compatibility, we strongly recommend you obtain the system-validated and certified audio drivers directly from your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, not from VIA.

don't bother about the chips supported just DOWNLOAD
IT WORK FOR ME NOW!!

Sincerely:

Sébastien

PudgeamusPrime
10-22-2015, 10:37 AM
ok i have a Asus G75VW and i had issue with my 2.1 speakers. it was a JOKE. i could't figure why it was working super well with window 8.1 and on window 10. the update that they provide didn't do **** and made it WORST.

Download version V11.10b
Chips supported VIA Vinyl VT1705, VT1708S, VT1802P, VT1802S, VT1828S, and VT2021 HD Audio codecs.
This download provides a general sound effects driver with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors customize audio hardware and software, so to ensure optimal sound quality and compatibility, we strongly recommend you obtain the system-validated and certified audio drivers directly from your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, not from VIA.

IT WORK FOR ME NOW!!

Sincerely:

Sébastien

Hey seb, I updated the main board with the correct drivers from via. Thanks for your contribution. Before this updated driver it was a mess to get the audio working half ass. Anyway cheers and thanks :)

PudgeamusPrime
10-22-2015, 10:40 AM
I installed the windows10 driver from viatec and resolved the newly created problem with headphones thanks to Decee1's thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?75228-Asus-ROG-G75VW-Audio-Driver-for-Windows-10-Quailty-configuration

Hey Sockendieb, I updated the main board with the information you and Deceel provided. Thanks for posting it here so we could get the proper install information update. Cheers.

PudgeamusPrime
10-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Hello Everyone. Please check the main thread page as the work around has been updated to a full working version.

Thanks.

Sentinel
10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Apparently I am having a different problem, the sound in the speakers and headphones are working but to a point. The Sub isn't working at all, my model is G75VW-BBK5 and found the only way to get it to work was to download the Codec from VIA but that would run all the sounds. Yes both speakers and headphones would be running at all times and I kind need both to be working properly so I can have some music at work for everyone and at home to myself and not bother anyone in the house.

Chondylon
10-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Apparently I am having a different problem, the sound in the speakers and headphones are working but to a point. The Sub isn't working at all, my model is G75VW-BBK5 and found the only way to get it to work was to download the Codec from VIA but that would run all the sounds. Yes both speakers and headphones would be running at all times and I kind need both to be working properly so I can have some music at work for everyone and at home to myself and not bother anyone in the house.

Same issue here, (G75VW-RS72), I'm unable to get the sound to work properly on my headphones. The sound goes out on both the speakers and the headphones and after 10 sec or so, it just stops. It will work again if a unplug the headphones though.

I kinda find annoying that I'm not able to keep up to date due to drivers issues, and a sound problem when I mostly use my computer for streaming and video making is sort of a big problem, too...

Hoder
11-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Thank you! Finally everything - speakers, headphones, HDMI are all working perfectly.

PudgeamusPrime
11-02-2015, 11:27 AM

Hey, did you select redirect headphones in the sound options? I'm not sure about BBK5 as that is a different model but give it a shot if you haven't already or make sure that it is checked.

Sentinel
11-06-2015, 05:46 AM
That did the trick, Thanks and keep up the good work.
;)

gammite
11-13-2015, 12:32 AM
thanks. it took years for someone to get this right. i appreciate the help.

gammite
11-17-2015, 03:24 AM
the windows fall update (th2) has kind of broken the fix. it is still working but when accessing playback devices it states that there is an "audio enhancements problem."

Windows has detected that the audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Speakers (VIA HD Audio (Win 10))

paul.bww
11-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Same problem here. Don't really know which one sucks the most: Asus or Windows...

PudgeamusPrime
11-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Yeah, Microsoft is really ****ting the bed with windows 10. Hopefully Via can get Vdeck back up and running quick. I am trying to figure out a work around but I think it will be up to via.

paul.bww
11-19-2015, 06:37 PM
F*CK THIS S*IT! I'm going back to windows 7

PudgeamusPrime
11-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone. I contacted VIA about the Windows 10 Fall update and will have you know that the audio chipset in the asus G75VW will be supported in Windows 10. No ETA on a fix. They seem rather oblivious to the issue at the moment but I'm sure we will get another working driver soonish.

Steve M
11-30-2015, 02:42 AM
Yes that is correct. I always found the Windows 7 software worked better on 8 and 8.1 as well with the g75vw on multiple installs. I consider it the most stable driver so I recommend it. The key here really though is just to remove via's software so it lets go of the audio card and then force windows to recognize 2.1 sound in a kinda manipulative way so that it works correctly and you also have the features you previously had with the via audio software but through windows enhancements tab instead.

Hope it helps :)

Cheers.

Windows 7 drivers for this audio chip would not install for me on windows 10 after the Nov big update, so I did what is posted here and everything is working.

paul.bww
12-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone. I contacted VIA about the Windows 10 Fall update and will have you know that the audio chipset in the asus G75VW will be supported in Windows 10. No ETA on a fix. They seem rather oblivious to the issue at the moment but I'm sure we will get another working driver soonish.

Hello..any updates? This issue is driving me nuts!!

PudgeamusPrime
12-10-2015, 08:32 AM
That's good news. I will test this out to see how it works. The windows 10 driver with the update is garbage at the moment.

PudgeamusPrime
12-11-2015, 06:34 AM
No updates. We are literally just waiting for them to update the driver.. The last update was in august which fixed everything.. but then Microsoft release this fall update so it might be months. Hopefully not though.

Zircon5
12-21-2015, 08:36 PM
After doing the fix at the top of the thread, I had to go to Enhancements, highlight 2.1 channel, click 'more settings', and it showed a slider for bass at 3% volume. Just had to turn it up.

NovusPhoto
01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Forgive the stupid question, but is VIA and Nvidia the same company?

I've been at this for 2 days now - I install my GeForce experience, update drivers, get my video card working (660M) and everything is hunky dory. Install the via drivers, get the sub working properly, but just like that, everything Nvidia is gone. Experience shell, control pane, monitor properties show "generic windows device) and my resolution is locked at 1024 x 768. So, Nvidia drivers bork the audio, audio drivers bork everything Nvidia. It's like they're fighting and one uninstalls the other. :/

PudgeamusPrime
01-15-2016, 10:29 PM
Forgive the stupid question, but is VIA and Nvidia the same company?

I've been at this for 2 days now - I install my GeForce experience, update drivers, get my video card working (660M) and everything is hunky dory. Install the via drivers, get the sub working properly, but just like that, everything Nvidia is gone. Experience shell, control pane, monitor properties show "generic windows device) and my resolution is locked at 1024 x 768. So, Nvidia drivers bork the audio, audio drivers bork everything Nvidia. It's like they're fighting and one uninstalls the other. :/

No Nvidia and Via are not the same company. Try installing your Audio drivers first and then video drivers. I'm not sure what windows you are running but if the problem persists I would suggest finding a clean copy of windows and then doing a re-install. Also if you are running any kinda security software to uninstall it and re-install it. I would try the later first. Remove your nvidia drivers, Your Via Drivers and any security software. Then install the Via software, The Nvidia software and then security software. If the problem persists.. re install windows.

PudgeamusPrime
01-15-2016, 10:31 PM
After doing the fix at the top of the thread, I had to go to Enhancements, highlight 2.1 channel, click 'more settings', and it showed a slider for bass at 3% volume. Just had to turn it up.

Yes this is mentioned at the very top of the thread. You have to control your settings through the via sound manager under sound in control panel.

Hammertymme
01-18-2016, 04:12 AM
ATTENTION: If you received the windows 10 fall update (Right click start button, If the menu is black you have the fall update) Your VDECK software is most likely broken. I contacted via and they said they are supporting the chipset found in the ASUS G75VW. That said, Still follow the walk through below as the headphone redirection still works in the software. Everything else will have to be controlled through properties in sound under speakers on the enhancements tab.

Hello Everyone. So Apparently via updated their drivers with VDECK software included for the ASUS G75VW which fixes the issues with VDECK and the audio drivers working with windows 10

Step 1. Download updated Via driver

Driver Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhuzn17651o9jsu/VIAHDAud_v11_1000b_08182015.zip?dl=0

Step 2. Extract driver from .zip and install

Step 3. Reboot. (VDECK software will promt you to install after reboot. This is a crucial step)

Step 4. Once your ASUS G75VW is booted install VDECK software when prompted.

Step 5. Open up VDECK software and click on the configuration icon in the bottom right hand corner

Step 6. Select the option redirect headphones

Step 7. right click on the start icon in the bottom right hand corner and then click control panel. Now select sound. Highlight speakers and then click configure like in the picture below.

Step 8. Check 5.1 Surround and click next.

Step 9. Now Uncheck Side Pair.

Step 10. Uncheck Surround speakers (If you are not using surround sound) and click next then finish)

You should now have working sub woofer and headphones.

(NOTE: Close then reopen whatever source you are using for testing at first after selecting "Redirect Headphones" when testing the headphone jack - Audio player, Browser, Spotify etc)

Thanks to everyone for all the tips below!

So the instructions are good but the download is not. Here is a better link: http://download.ecs.com.tw/dlfileecs/driver/mb/sound/sound_win10_via.zip

rafoka
01-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Thank you OP

You are the real mvp. I was struggling trhoughtout the web with tutorials and tricks but none of them worked, but now is everything working.

(So much satisfied I have my subwoofer back, now I can hear bass sounds again)

;)

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Thank you OP

You are the real mvp. I was struggling trhoughtout the web with tutorials and tricks but none of them worked, but now is everything working.

(So much satisfied I have my subwoofer back, now I can hear bass sounds again)

;)

Awesome. Please try the new driver on the front page. It seems to have fix VDECK.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?72299-G75VW-VIA-AUDIO-WINDOWS-10-Work-Around

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Windows 7 drivers for this audio chip would not install for me on windows 10 after the Nov big update, so I did what is posted here and everything is working.

Awesome. Please try the new driver on the front page. It seems to have fix VDECK.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?72299-G75VW-VIA-AUDIO-WINDOWS-10-Work-Around

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Hello..any updates? This issue is driving me nuts!!

Yes. Please try the new driver on the front page. It seems to have fix VDECK.

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:08 AM

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:10 AM
So the instructions are good but the download is not. Here is a better link: http://download.ecs.com.tw/dlfileecs/driver/mb/sound/sound_win10_via.zip

Link was fine thanks. Here is an even better link

Please try the new driver on the front page. It seems to have fix VDECK.

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:17 AM

Same issue here, (G75VW-RS72), I'm unable to get the sound to work properly on my headphones. The sound goes out on both the speakers and the headphones and after 10 sec or so, it just stops. It will work again if a unplug the headphones though.

I kinda find annoying that I'm not able to keep up to date due to drivers issues, and a sound problem when I mostly use my computer for streaming and video making is sort of a big problem, too...

Thank you! Finally everything - speakers, headphones, HDMI are all working perfectly.

Same problem here. Don't really know which one sucks the most: Asus or Windows...

F*CK THIS S*IT! I'm going back to windows 7

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:19 AM

The one from Windows update didn't enable 5.1 for me (no surprise). I suspect that the link you have sent that installs the official software would probably work, however that problem with the headphones and speaker being separated still bother me. I went back to my working 600 driver. :) You are not able to get the headphones and speakers together are you? I hate having to go into the panel and manually switch them every time.

Well at least I got the Sub to work with the new driver. Worked the 5.1 into 2.1 so I have left-right-Sub working now - what a relief! The Headphone - Speaker proglem still exists however. At least I've moved forward enough to possibly keep Win 10 installed for more than half an hour now & try to tweak my way into a stable OS.

Yes ! The new driver works flawlessly. The audio issue is over. Thanks for reporting !

I followed your instruction but had same problem as others in this thread, no 5.1 speaker option. After a few uninstall and reinstall trial-and-errors, the 5.1 speaker option suddenly appeared and it was all good after that :)

Thanks Bro

@bugme-not

Download version V11.10b

IT WORK FOR ME NOW!!

Sincerely:

Sébastien

Hey seb, I updated the main board with the correct drivers from via. Thanks for your contribution. Before this updated driver it was a mess to get the audio working half ass. Anyway cheers and thanks :)

Please try the new driver on the front page. It seems to have fixed VDECK.

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:22 AM

Thanks Bro

@bugme-not

Download version V11.10b

IT WORK FOR ME NOW!!

Sincerely:

Sébastien

When I used the Microsoft support tool to hide and show updates, I noticed a VIA HD audio driver update for Win 10 (it said specifically in the description), however it seems to never have installed, and won't show up anywhere else (like the official Windows update area). Strange.

The sound never was reliable to start with, but that is demonstrating a particular sales philosophy.

I pay top euros to have a machine that is both powerful and durable. If the durable part is artificially removed via programmed obsolescence, kind of make this a silly investment.

We're lucky that it's "just" sound and trackpad that are affected, as far as I know, but I would try to bring my business to a company that offers at least drivers updates threee years on on 1500 + € machines !

Real shame, as I really liked the ROG (appart from ****ty sound). But that and the shoddy after sales support (in France anyway ) ....

PudgeamusPrime
02-01-2016, 12:23 AM

Thanks Bro

@bugme-not

Download version V11.10b

IT WORK FOR ME NOW!!

Sincerely:

Sébastien

I cant for the life of me enable it to get the 5.1 or 2.1 to work.
i have the same chipset
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_8446&SUBSYS_10431487& REV_1000

It just sounds empty with out the sub-woofer (mini driver) I can handle it but definitely is going two steps back since upgrading to win 10.
Any advice? Ive followed the steps rebooting each time. ive tried the 200, 400, and 600 series drivers and wasnt able to configure 5.1 on any of them.

FINALLY a solution that worked!

Also, i have a possible solution to those experiencing not being able to see the 5.1 option.

When i followed the instructions, it only showed stereo. Now, i also realized i did not have VDeck after i followed the instructions either.
soooo...
i went into the folder that you had posted to download for the 1400, and there in the main area before even going into any subfolders (aka NOT going into DIFXAPI or VIAHDAud) there is a "Setup.exe". So i ran it....
it opened up a console window and after a while of wondering if it was even doing anything while waiting... it closed all on its own and finished. Sure enough, a VDeck icon was back on my desktop.
I restarted my laptop...
as for the order of what i did next, i can't remember exactly. but i did go back to the sound settings and click configure... and 5.1 was now an option again. i set it to have the 2 front mains, the center, and the subwoofer. everything "full range". i went back to the VDeck icon, went to the file location, and ran it as admin. what do you know... IT OPENED. IT RAN. The program works! you can tweak all the stuff you could right when you got your laptop brand new.
Best part: after you set how "much" bass you want, it scales the mini-woofer volume as you adjust your main volume. just like it is intended.

My laptop is back to original functionality! WITH windows 10.

so thankyou for your great instructions in doing a full clean install. hopefully the extra bit i added helps anyone seeing only stereo as an option.

P.S. if something doesn't show up or work right away, try restarting, then going back to where you were trying to continue. I did restart several times during the ordeal as well.

UPDATE 1:
I noticed that the settings for the equalizer and other stuff didn't really get controlled from the VDeck like before. i had to go into the sound settings (right click speaker icon > playback devices) to actually activate/deactivate the equalizer. Also, when i lowered the "bass", the overall volume got really quiet. So it actually doesn't work with factory fuctionality. However, i can change the volume between the mini-woofer and the two speakers, and adjusting the main volume adjusts both simultaneously still. The quietness can also be adjusted by using the equalizer (raise all frequency gains)

UPDATE 2:
for some reason - even with automatic updates for drivers turned off in the advanced system settings - it randomly updated my driver again. Fortunately all i had to do is roll back the driver and it worked again. If someone knows the reason why it still updated the driver, or has a fix for that, please do share.

I have sound again. Although not completely. I only have the option for stereo sound and only my right speaker is working. I tried both drivers win7 and 8 with no change. I am not computer savy at all and appreciate the fact that I have sound again though

Hello,

G75VM-1171V here. I'm having trouble with this too. I've followed the instructions (don't forget to prevent Windows update to reupdate, any other option will revert to the first bullet option) and it kinda works. Not sure about the bass stuff but I, too, can't select 2.1, also the microphone doesn't seem to work.

So I'm asking this, are VIA/ASUS looking into this? I'm quite bummed at the lack of support for this from both of them, I had lots of issues even when I was still on win7 (sound switching from headphones through speakers randomly etc). It's too bad because apart from the lousy sound hardware and software, I had been quite happy with that laptop. But as it stands, if and when I change my laptop, I will not go for an asus...

So I tried the setup.exe method that Platinum mentioned. I can confirm that this allowed me to have access to 5.1 surround sound and the subwoofer now is working. After restarting I did some testing with the sound and found my monobass option was back. I tried to change around the bass but the bass wasn't functioning.

After, I tried redoing the update driver from the folder again like in the tutorial; after a restart, my bass can now be controlled and now I have most of my sound quality back. Since I was fiddling with an equalizer as well, I just need to fix the slight muffling and I'll be a happy camper.

OK, I've tried with the Windows 7 drivers I kept as backups for reinstalls (tried to upload them but it doesn't seem to work - also, I've used the setup), unfortunately the sound is, like other people on this thread, really quiet... :/

Going back to the impractical broken official drivers for Windows 10...

I managed to get everything working by following the guide, but now I always have the same volume level no matter what I set it to. Any ideas?

It certainly seems like ASUS is going to do that.

But it's alright in the end: in the meantime I will "work around" the ASUS brand altogether if that happens to be the case. :)

paul.bww
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM
I uninstalled my old software and driver, then installed the new one. Rebooted the PC but no installation for VDeck prompted. Apparently VDeck is already installed, as a new icon of it appeared on desktop, although it doesn't work..I click on it and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

PudgeamusPrime
02-03-2016, 01:34 PM
I uninstalled my old software and driver, then installed the new one. Rebooted the PC but no installation for VDeck prompted. Apparently VDeck is already installed, as a new icon of it appeared on desktop, although it doesn't work..I click on it and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

The new driver doesn't get rid of VDECK. Once you remove the software driver and VDECK and reboot. You have no audio software. Then when you install the new software. It reinstall the VDECk software and the new driver that works for windows 10 fall update. You probably won't be promted with this version and you will receive a new icon as it install the new VDECk software.

What version of laptop do you have?

paul.bww
02-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I have the ROG G75VW

PudgeamusPrime
02-06-2016, 04:56 PM
I have the ROG G75VW

It should work. Uninstall the software again. Confirm you uninstalled it. It shouldn't show up anywhere. reboot then reinstall the software with the new software.

paul.bww
02-07-2016, 12:40 AM
It should work. Uninstall the software again. Confirm you uninstalled it. It shouldn't show up anywhere. reboot then reinstall the software with the new software.
Pfew..This time it worked. Thanks a lot!

geifr
03-12-2016, 12:32 AM
I have the G75 VW and I just can not get the subwoofer to work with the speakers. I can get them to work separately, but not together.
Issue is driving me up the wall.

Edit: OMFG IT FINALLY WORKED NOT SURE WHAT THE 20th INSTALLATION DID, BUT IT WORKS!

darkpeace
03-16-2016, 06:04 AM
i'm back baby!!! This one ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

I followed the instructions and just like geifr I uninstalled / rebooted / installed like the instructions said at least 4 times before it worked. I only kept trying because he said it took 20 times.

I also used the device manager to uninstall that way, it didn't seem to matter.

I think you need to uninstall old - reboot - install new (no change) - uninstall new - reboot - reinstall new reboot and try that a couple of times. It finally worked!

I still like my G75VW, now i feel whole again!

Thanks AMPudgeamusPrime!!! You Rock!

ghaldos
05-11-2016, 02:02 AM
So after a lot of screwing around with uninstalling, reinstalling and tinkering I finally got my g75vw to use the subwoofer and actually have an audible level. However, I would have probably gotten it fixed months ago had I went through all the pages before and noticed the link on page 4 by Pudgeamus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1V-DmkkMP0 which shows to go into the speakers properties in playback devices and to go to enhancements and enable and change the equalizer settings as well as the 2.1 channel and not using the vdeck at all (except for changing the redirect headphone option). I think this information should be added to the first post as this might fix everyone's problem that the fix in the first post couldn't.

Oh I'm using the canadian version of the g75vw btw

PudgeamusPrime
05-20-2016, 12:10 PM
So after a lot of screwing around with uninstalling, reinstalling and tinkering I finally got my g75vw to use the subwoofer and actually have an audible level. However, I would have probably gotten it fixed months ago had I went through all the pages before and noticed the link on page 4 by Pudgeamus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1V-DmkkMP0 which shows to go into the speakers properties in playback devices and to go to enhancements and enable and change the equalizer settings as well as the 2.1 channel and not using the vdeck at all (except for changing the redirect headphone option). I think this information should be added to the first post as this might fix everyone's problem that the fix in the first post couldn't.

Oh I'm using the canadian version of the g75vw btw

Cool, Glad you found my video. Glad I could help.

singularity
06-13-2016, 05:07 AM
I got this to work. But expert mode/sound equalizer is greyed out for me. I cant change any settings.

singularity
06-14-2016, 05:24 AM
I got this to work. But expert mode/sound equalizer is greyed out for me. I cant change any settings.

BeeJay120
08-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Thank you very much PudgeamusPrime, it's comforting to hear LF sound from my bass speaker again! :D

dlewbell
08-02-2016, 11:09 PM
The Windows 10 Anniversary update broke my VIA installation again. I was running 11.10.00.31.150817 before the update without issue. Now, I get an error message that states "Your OS is 64 bits. Please use 64bits version VDeck.exe". I installed version 11.11, but it has the same issue. I don't see any option to select a 64bit installer on the VIA website. Does anyone else have an idea where to start fixing this again?

PudgeamusPrime
08-03-2016, 06:38 AM
The Windows 10 Anniversary update broke my VIA installation again. I was running 11.10.00.31.150817 before the update without issue. Now, I get an error message that states "Your OS is 64 bits. Please use 64bits version VDeck.exe". I installed version 11.11, but it has the same issue. I don't see any option to select a 64bit installer on the VIA website. Does anyone else have an idea where to start fixing this again?

I have. I'll be making a video this week. Uninstall the vdeck software. You might have to remove it manually by removing the via folders in both program files and programfiles (x86) then reboot. Once rebooted go into device manager and then sound and right click on via sounds and click update driver. Once the driver installs reboot. After that follow my method on the front page to setup your soundcard. Then go into speaker settings and enable 2.1 and eq their. For now we will have to use windows eq until via makes a new driver. Could be months.

listerfiend
08-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Then go into speaker settings and enable 2.1 and eq their.
I only have the option for stereo now. The surround setting is totally gone. That's what I get for thinking I could fix this with a simple uninstall and reinstall.

Edit:
Ok when I had more time I rolled back the anniversary update removed vdeck and did the update again. After enabling 2.1 everything works fine.

PudgeamusPrime
08-06-2016, 10:13 PM
I only have the option for stereo now. The surround setting is totally gone. That's what I get for thinking I could fix this with a simple uninstall and reinstall.

Edit:
Ok when I had more time I rolled back the anniversary update removed vdeck and did the update again. After enabling 2.1 everything works fine.

Hey, Glad to here, I put a new walk-through on the front page just in case you run into issues with the new update. Cheers.

p.s please tell pillow pants I said hello :)

furinkazaan
08-12-2016, 03:31 AM
it didn't work for my laptop (G75VW)...
already uninstall new driver - reboot - install it again and so on for 10 times... still didn't work
must enable 2.1 channels in VDECK to change from audio to subwoofer and vice versa
is that how supposed to work for this driver?? the audio and the subwoofer didn't work together??

Sheppard
08-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Atfer following the instructions for the anniversary edition I also don't have a 5.1 surround option anymore. Only the Stereo option.

Can you please provide a solution PudgeamusPrime? Rolling back is not an option anymore, since I deleted the files for that. Thanks in advance.

Sheppard
08-16-2016, 08:18 PM
So, any advice? For the moment Ițm either using the headphones or a bluetooth speaker. Kind of annoying. It is hillarious that the sub woofer is basically fine, just the software sucks hard...

PudgeamusPrime
08-16-2016, 08:24 PM
it didn't work for my laptop (G75VW)...
already uninstall new driver - reboot - install it again and so on for 10 times... still didn't work
must enable 2.1 channels in VDECK to change from audio to subwoofer and vice versa
is that how supposed to work for this driver?? the audio and the subwoofer didn't work together??

ermmmmm... Did you follow the instructions on the front page? VDECK isn't an option anymore until via comes up with a driver for it. Follow the instructions to a T on the front page. It explains it their. I currently have windows 7 installed for exams at the moment which I am done in 2 days, Ill be making a video once I'm done my final exam. Read the walk through on the front page from top to bottom. Check back in a few days.

PudgeamusPrime
08-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Atfer following the instructions for the anniversary edition I also don't have a 5.1 surround option anymore. Only the Stereo option.

Can you please provide a solution PudgeamusPrime? Rolling back is not an option anymore, since I deleted the files for that. Thanks in advance.

That solution worked for me. My assumption is you don't have the right driver or it didn't remove it. Go into device manager then sound. Right click the VIA high definition audio device and go to properties. Click on the driver tab and post back the driver. version and date. Thanks. Also, Once my exams are done in 2 days, Ill be posting a video. Check back soon for that.

PudgeamusPrime
08-16-2016, 08:35 PM
So, any advice? For the moment Ițm either using the headphones or a bluetooth speaker. Kind of annoying. It is hillarious that the sub woofer is basically fine, just the software sucks hard...

Advice for what sorry? I'm not sure what your issue is. Did you just updated to the anniversary Windows 10 edition? I have posted a walkthrough on the front page. Take a look. Ill be making a video in 2 days once my exams are done. Check back for details as well. Thanks.

furinkazaan
08-18-2016, 01:57 AM
ermmmmm... Did you follow the instructions on the front page? VDECK isn't an option anymore until via comes up with a driver for it. Follow the instructions to a T on the front page. It explains it their. I currently have windows 7 installed for exams at the moment which I am done in 2 days, Ill be making a video once I'm done my final exam. Read the walk through on the front page from top to bottom. Check back in a few days.

already did that.. i have windows 10 november update installed on my G75VW...
still the speaker and subwoofer didn't work simultaneously...
when i turn on in VIA 2.1 speaker only the subwoofer will work, the speaker doesn't...
and when i turn off 2.1 speaker in VIA, the speaker will work but the subwoofer doesn't..

Sheppard
08-18-2016, 08:07 PM
That solution worked for me. My assumption is you don't have the right driver or it didn't remove it. Go into device manager then sound. Right click the VIA high definition audio device and go to properties. Click on the driver tab and post back the driver. version and date. Thanks. Also, Once my exams are done in 2 days, Ill be posting a video. Check back soon for that.

Driver provider: VIA Technologies, Inc.
Driver date: 03.12.2015
Driver version: 6.0.11.1100

Thanks in advance for further advice.

Good luck with your exams!

PudgeamusPrime
08-24-2016, 05:11 AM
Driver provider: VIA Technologies, Inc.
Driver date: 03.12.2015
Driver version: 6.0.11.1100

Thanks in advance for further advice.

Good luck with your exams!

That is the correct driver. I have been having issues with the Anniversary update with freezing on my G75 so getting around to making a video is a no go.

Try installing the vdeck software again. Then Reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zc397l8x3zyr2z/VIA_HD_Aud_v11_1100e_01282016.zip?dl=0

Disable the vdeck software from startup

- Open up task manager. Click on startup tab, Right click on vdeck software and disable, Then follow the walk through from step 2 of Fix 1.

Lemme know if that works.

PudgeamusPrime
08-24-2016, 05:14 AM
when i turn on in VIA 2.1 speaker only the subwoofer will work, the speaker doesn't...
and when i turn off 2.1 speaker in VIA, the speaker will work but the subwoofer doesn't..

Weird.

Did you follow "FIX 2" on the front page. That should work 100%. If not run through it again.

furinkazaan
08-24-2016, 05:53 AM
Weird.

Did you follow "FIX 2" on the front page. That should work 100%. If not run through it again.

yes yes, already did that "FIX 2"...
Speaker and subwoofer still doesn't work together...
run "FIX 1" until "FIX 2'" or just the "FIX 2"????

Sheppard
08-28-2016, 11:52 AM
That is the correct driver. I have been having issues with the Anniversary update with freezing on my G75 so getting around to making a video is a no go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zc397l8x3zyr2z/VIA_HD_Aud_v11_1100e_01282016.zip?dl=0

- Open up task manager. Click on startup tab, Right click on vdeck software and disable, Then follow the walk through from step 2 of Fix 1.

Will try to do it tonight and let you know. Haven't checked back in a couple of days and I only saw the reply now. For some reason, I don't get e-mail notifications with the replies on this thread, even if I am subscribed. I'll be back with feedback. Thanks!

Sheppard
08-29-2016, 06:35 PM

It worked! Many thanks!

I know it's offtopic, but do you also know how to get back my gestures on my touch pad?

gammite
09-08-2016, 12:45 AM
thanks for the fixes yet again.

veneyeth
09-20-2016, 11:39 AM
well stuck in the middle right now.

Decided to re-image this laptop G75vx-ds72 but audio card headphone jack got damaged in a storm at sea when
said laptop flew across the room. had to buy one out of a G75vw model off ebay for form factor... I have to enable and disable multiple speaker
settings to even get any sound out of this thing to hear anything out of it and sometimes certain apps lose sound all
together. having trouble currently and fix 1 doesn't seem to find any Via Driver because none existed on a fresh install.
Waiting on the new audio/smartreader/headphone assembly, should be in the mail soon so hoping you may be able to help
me when the replacement part comes in.

cappo
09-22-2016, 06:32 PM
THX. The workout is function properly !

PudgeamusPrime
09-30-2016, 09:05 AM

Download the windows 10 driver from here

Unpack the driver and go to
VIAHDAud_v11_1100e_01282016\VIAHDAud\Present\VDeck 64

and click on vdeck

Vdeck should pop up, if it doesn't it will be in your dock (Up arrow by the time) as a speaker icon. click on the wrench/screwdriver at the bottom and select redirect headphones. If the options are greyed out. Install the driver then try that.

PudgeamusPrime
09-30-2016, 09:15 AM
It worked! Many thanks!

I know it's offtopic, but do you also know how to get back my gestures on my touch pad?

Unistall any synaptics software currently on the computer and reboot then install this package.

https://mega.nz/#!NAERAA7S!8chtwo9Uv9a-scKgmjoaHg3dInVCagUdl-d8j5hej1Q

sibur
11-08-2016, 11:45 PM
VIA released new audio driver version - V11.1100f ( for Windows 10 RS1 version 1607 (build 14393) 32-bit / 64-bit ) ( Dated: 01-Nov-2016 )
Direct link for download - https://d34vhvz8ul1ifj.cloudfront.net/Driver/VIA_HD_Audio_v11_1100f_Win10RS1_logo_11012016.zip

PudgeamusPrime
11-12-2016, 07:45 AM
VIA released new audio driver version - V11.1100f ( for Windows 10 RS1 version 1607 (build 14393) 32-bit / 64-bit ) ( Dated: 01-Nov-2016 )
Direct link for download - https://d34vhvz8ul1ifj.cloudfront.net/Driver/VIA_HD_Audio_v11_1100f_Win10RS1_logo_11012016.zip

Did it fix vdeck for you? didn't for me. Brand new install.

sibur
11-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Did it fix vdeck for you? didn't for me. Brand new install.

PudgeamusPrime,sorry,but I didn't install it yet(that is why I can't say if it fixes the problem).
Sorry for my bad English!

PudgeamusPrime
11-21-2016, 04:41 AM
PudgeamusPrime,sorry,but I didn't install it yet(that is why I can't say if it fixes the problem).
Sorry for my bad English!

I tried it. The driver works fine but it doesn't install VDECK for me. There is a work around to get vdeck 64 working but then most the options like eq and such are greyed out so I just use windows settings for that stuff like mentioned in my tutorial on the first page.

If you do install it. Lemme know how it works for you. Thanks!

clt829
10-19-2017, 04:55 AM
UPDATED: 09/04/17 - Creators Update/Anniversary update fixes - Please at least update to Anniversary edition of windows 10 for these fixes to work. Thanks and Cheers.

Anything higher than “Version 1703” you are probably on insiders build of Windows 10. Try the Creators Update fix but we can't guarantee it will work.

I just used the 09/04/17 instructions on a clean install of the Fall Creators Update, Version 1709, and so far it's working great!

Thanks!

paul.bww
05-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Windows 10 Anniversary Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/VrQVdKnxL70

How to check your current version of Windows 10

Method 2: Hit the windows key and type "cmd" and press Enter. Now type winver and press enter.

If you see “Version 1703” then the Windows 10 Creators Update is installed on your computer.

If you see “Version 1607” then the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on your computer.

Anything lower than “Version 1607” and you will need to update your Windows 10 to at least the Anniversary Update. We recommend updating to the creator's update.

Any fix for the latest update? This is so anoying! Every time an update comes out, the sounds stops working.

Gps3dx
05-05-2018, 01:58 PM

~1 year after this post was posted - THIS IS WRONG !
few days ago ( april 2018) MS released win 10 1804 (redstone 4)...
so ppl should be on 1709 (redstone 3) and windows update should offer them upgrade to 1804.

these versions are NOT "insiders" edition anymore but the regular release for public.

paul.bww
05-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Does anybody know how to get the sound right in the latest Windows update?

Sockendieb
05-15-2018, 02:30 PM
After the windows update to version 1803, my headphonejack stopped working.
Best thing i can come up with at the moment (but also breaks the built in bass):

- go into the devicemanager and uninstall the VIA HD drivers
- and go into apps&features and uninstall all VIA software
- restart, and check if the sound works.

The standart windows audio driver should take over and allow you to at least use your headphone jack again, as well as the two small built in speakers.

paul.bww
06-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Is anybody still looking into this issue or do I have to throw my rog laptop out the window? Haha.

bugme-not
06-04-2018, 09:38 PM
After the 1803 update my 5.1 sound stopped working yet again. Could only get 2.1.

Messed around for hours with different drivers and methods, and the 5.1 would not come back.

But after a fresh install of 1803 the same driver did result in working 5.1. Go figure.

komalley09
08-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Remove/Uninstall "Via HD Audio" device from "Device Manager". Select "Delete Driver files" during this process. Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation.

Go to:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Audio2/Audio_VIA_Win7_64_Z600110600.zip?_ga=2.129361228.1 302234071.1534398354-1414992099.1508122759

Download the Win 7 64 bit Audio Driver.

Unzip all files.

Right-Click on "Setup.exe" and select Properties. Set Compatibility mode to "Windows 7".

Right-Click on "Setup.exe" and select "Run as Administrator" (This might now be required but that is how I ran it).

Installation was successful for me.

Repeat this for the Synaptics Touchpad Driver.

Good luck! I've been struggling to fix these issue for a while now.

KO

paul.bww
09-08-2018, 08:58 PM
I swear this was the last piece of s**t asus I'll ever buy. Every goddamned update comes up, there is 0 support for this laptop's audio. But now, there isn't an override fix anymore. Garbage!

komalley09
10-13-2018, 08:47 AM
I swear this was the last piece of s**t asus I'll ever buy. Every goddamned update comes up, there is 0 support for this laptop's audio. But now, there isn't an override fix anymore. Garbage!

Paul.bww - Did the procedure I posted (Post #166) not work for you? I just wanted feedback to see if it worked for others or not.

Thanks,

KO

paul.bww
11-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Paul.bww - Did the procedure I posted (Post #166) not work for you? I just wanted feedback to see if it worked for others or not.

Thanks,

KO

Hello komalley, sorry for the late reply. No, unfortunately it didn't work for me. Still no 2.1 sound