PDA

View Full Version : Clean install of WIndows 10 without losing ASUS apps?

adelwich
07-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Like many of you, I will soon be downloading Windows 10. Once it is installed, I hope to copy the installer to a USB drive and then do a clean install on a freshly formatted drive.

I am a G750 user. After a clean install, what is the easiest way to make sure that I have access to all of the ASUS-specific drivers and applications? I'm not interested in the bloatware, but do want to make sure I have things like Live Update, Backtracker, and other useful programs.

Should I just go to the Asus site and manually download and install each driver/app one at a time? Is there a better way to do this?

I'm also curious to know what other Asus ROG users have in mind as far as Windows 10 is concerned. Will you be upgrading? What is your plan for doing this in as painless a way as possible?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Aaron

Nillaz
07-29-2015, 06:33 AM
I did the upgrade on my 750 at midnight and am on it right now. It was relatively quick and painless and so far everything is working as intended. Since I already debloated before upgrading I think I'm gong to leave it as is. Reinstalling everything just seems pointless when all of my personalizations carried over without any fuss.

Wulff
07-29-2015, 09:19 AM
those asus programs can be downloaded from the win 8.1 programs list. for my g750jz asus only added a win10 driver for the ATK package, so i assume the software will work from the 8.1 support section for your notebook

Angrydroid4
08-03-2015, 11:06 AM
anyone get an update for their asus g750 series laptop?? im waiting for the update but nothing. Did any of you force the update and was it easy. Thanks!

Angrydroid4
08-03-2015, 11:07 AM
sorry forgot to include that the update im speaking of is for windows 10 ive been waiting since the day of release and no update yet as of 8/2/2015

redduc900
08-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Try running the Windows troubleshooter found here...

The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048

... and follow the steps found under the Resolution heading. If the icon still isn't showing up for you, try the suggestions in this MS Win10 community thread...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/i-want-to-reserve-my-free-copy-of-windows-10-but-i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b?auth=1

GottiBoi55
08-04-2015, 01:12 PM
Like many of you, I will soon be downloading Windows 10. Once it is installed, I hope to copy the installer to a USB drive and then do a clean install on a freshly formatted drive.

I am a G750 user. After a clean install, what is the easiest way to make sure that I have access to all of the ASUS-specific drivers and applications? I'm not interested in the bloatware, but do want to make sure I have things like Live Update, Backtracker, and other useful programs.

Should I just go to the Asus site and manually download and install each driver/app one at a time? Is there a better way to do this?

I'm also curious to know what other Asus ROG users have in mind as far as Windows 10 is concerned. Will you be upgrading? What is your plan for doing this in as painless a way as possible?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Aaron

Hi adelwich, and welcome to the ROG forum.

Here's a Windows 10 USB/DVD Upgrade/Clean Creator Tool from the Microsoft Windows 10 web site. (I made the a USB) >>>>> Microsoft software download/Windows10 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10)
With this tool you can install Windows right a way.

Here's a link on my experience with the install>>>Link (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73616-Windows-10-update-fails-error-80070003&p=525797&viewfull=1#post525797)

Hope this helps you?
Good luck, and good gaming!

(https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73616-Windows-10-update-fails-error-80070003&p=525797&viewfull=1#post525797)

Badfish79
08-05-2015, 03:58 AM
I just wanted to ask a couple quick questions regarding the update to the g750.
1. After the update, can I run Asus backtracker to save it to a USB like i did with win 8 when I first got the machine?
2. If I can back up win 10 with backtracker, can i use the same USB i did for win 8? I. Don't need both, do I?
3. I haven't deleted any of the recovery partitions yet, even though I did back up with backtracker. Is it safe to delete those?

Sorry to jump in on this thread. But I figured this was the best to ask on since I didn't see a need for another thread on the subject.

GottiBoi55
08-08-2015, 04:28 AM
I just wanted to ask a couple quick questions regarding the update to the g750.
1. After the update, can I run Asus backtracker to save it to a USB like i did with win 8 when I first got the machine?
2. If I can back up win 10 with backtracker, can i use the same USB i did for win 8? I. Don't need both, do I?
3. I haven't deleted any of the recovery partitions yet, even though I did back up with backtracker. Is it safe to delete those?

Sorry to jump in on this thread. But I figured this was the best to ask on since I didn't see a need for another thread on the subject.

Hi Badfish79, and welcome to the ROG forum.

Asus Backtracker will only image the original recovery partition, and will restore back to the out of the box condition.

Good luck, and good gaming.

usmanm77
08-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Go to your Local Disk C: and backup the folder 'eSupport' to an external drive. The folder contains all the drivers and apps the laptop came with.
After performing the clean format, open the folder and run the file 'AsInsWiz.exe'.
Install all the programs there and you are good to go.