PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 on G751JT, colours have lo-fi look in desktop mode

skweeeland
07-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Today i upgraded a G751JT to Windows 10 without hiccups apart from having display issues in desktop mode (in games the colours are fine). The problem is that the colours seem low bit rate, low res, have banding etc, as if the videocard isn't enabled in desktop mode. The effect may seem subtle to some, but for me it is really noticeable with the blue welcome screen (where you have to insert a name and password) or when looking photos (especially shadowy areas and skies), unnoticeable when looking at text or icons. Was sure that geforce drivers version 353.62 tailored for win 10 would fix it but no avail.

Has anybody else noticed low res colours after upgrading?

And to i need to install also Intel Iris drivers for desktop graphics? For a moment there the Asus ran on Intel before i installed the nvidia drivers. But as i understand, this laptop uses only invidia for display.

skweeeland
07-31-2015, 12:02 PM
Can't believe im the only one having this issue. I repeat the effect is really subtle but it's there, for me it is easily noticeable for example on the login screen with windows on blue background. The colour transition should be smooth, but right now it's fragmented with banding. I have all the latest drivers installed. If this issue won't resolve in 30 days i will get back to win 8.1 since colour fidelity is important to me as a photo/videographer.

masterserenity
08-01-2015, 06:55 PM
I haven't even been able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. But if I have that issue after an upgrade, I'll report in.

Out of curiosity, what upgrade method did you use?

skweeeland
08-03-2015, 10:50 PM
I haven't even been able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. But if I have that issue after an upgrade, I'll report in.

Out of curiosity, what upgrade method did you use?

Thanks. I straight up updated from win 8.1, no clean install. Another issue i discovered, is that Adobe Premiere says that the Nvidia Cuda feature is unavailable. It worked fine in previous os.

Also kinda hoped that the win 10 upgrade would fix that random black start up screen, but sadly it is happening again.

Yggdrasil_swe
08-08-2015, 12:46 AM
Hi, I've got the same problem after upgrading to Win 10. The colour banding is most noticable at the Win login screen and also the wallpaper backround for desktop.
But I can see it pretty much everywhere, even in some games. Anyone having a solution for this?

Nader
08-08-2015, 11:40 AM
I have the same problem they look a bit washed out for some reason.
I thought it was the problem with the screen. But it happened when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Yggdrasil_swe
08-08-2015, 02:33 PM
I have the same problem they look a bit washed out for some reason.
I thought it was the problem with the screen. But it happened when I upgraded to Windows 10.

I think we can rule out that there is a hardware problem then, probably som driver/software issue of some kind but my knowledge is a bit limited :)
I'm going back to Win 8.1 to check if that will solve it. Will report back once done.

Yggdrasil_swe
08-08-2015, 11:34 PM
So I had to do a factory reset as when I tried to recover to Win 8.1 it told me that the files was missing even though the windows.old directory was
there. Anyway after doing the factory reset the problem is solved. I hope you can find a solution and without doing a factory reset, and if you do
please post it.

Yggdrasil_swe
08-09-2015, 05:41 PM
.Just to follow up on the issue I had with Colour banding in Windows 10. After doing a factory reset going back to Win 8.1 i had the urge to try and update again to Win 10 to see if the issue would still be the same. Only thing I did before doing a new upgrade was downloading the newest Nvidia drivers and using Windows update to install all available updates. Once done I created a bootable USB using with Windows 10 media creation tool. I just opened up the USB in file explorer and pressed setup, starting the installation. I choose to keep all my settings and apps pretty much just doing a new upgrade and no clean install. This time it worked a lot better, now everything looks the same as it did in Win 8.1.

Clintlgm
08-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Yes, using the downloaded ISO, Mounting it and starting the upgrade or creating the USB and clicking on the setup.exe in windows 8.1 seems to be the best way to run the upgrade many people with all brands of PC and Notebooks have had issues with using windows update to upgrade. And you have your USB to clean install after. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10