PDA

View Full Version : When can we expect drivers for Windows 10

LeParkour012
07-30-2015, 04:42 AM
Title.

I know some machines are able to use Windows 8.1 drivers for Windows 10. Some drivers, however, doesn't work. For example, my audio drivers for my G750JX does not work for Windows 10. So I'm wondering when can we expect drivers for Windows 10.

jeffin
07-30-2015, 07:01 AM
Same here. I am waiting for the updated drivers. Thanks.

MaxCioco
07-30-2015, 10:10 AM
For now all the old drivers work for windows 10.

There is this thing aswell: w10 will automaticly download the drivers required for your sistem.

For the audio you mean realtek or audiomaxx? Realtek works perfectly for me.

Note: for now I have windows 10 in a virtual machine, but I don't see why there it would work and on a main os not.

LeParkour012
07-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah I think it's working (Realtek too). The last time I've tried Windows 10 was in technical preview. Had audio problems. So I was concerned if I were to face any audio issues. Right now i'm not facing audio issues. However, games are definitely slower than on Windows 8.1. I don't know what's the issue here but I'll try and reinstall Windows 10 without installing Windows 8.1 drivers. See if that works.

MaxCioco
07-30-2015, 01:41 PM
By slower you mean lower fps/delay/stutters?

LeParkour012
07-31-2015, 06:16 AM
By slower you mean lower fps/delay/stutters?

Yep. I don't know. I feel like it's Windows 10 in general that's slow. Many people over at /r/Windows10 have been experiencing lagging issues not only in games but on the desktop itself. I gave my PC a bit more time to "settle down" and now my games seems to be running alright, despite an obvious fps drop compared to Windows 8.1

markjsr
08-01-2015, 09:17 PM
I have the G750JX, and my monitor and graphics drivers aren't working after Windows 10 updated. The upgrade left me with Generic Monitor and Graphics drivers. I downloaded and installed the Win10 64 NVidia driver, and it won't recognize that driver. It keeps reverting to the Generic driver.

Someone said windows 10 can use the 8.1 drivers, but I'm not sure how to assign those. The control panel in Win10 sucks, and there seems to be no "option" to change to a different control panel display either. The windows upgrade happened at midnight automatically, like a thief in the night.

I may eventually like it...but after nearly a whole day of screwing around with this thing, I'm not exactly happy.

sevymar
08-02-2015, 12:04 AM
I have the G750JX, and my monitor and graphics drivers aren't working after Windows 10 updated. The upgrade left me with Generic Monitor and Graphics drivers. I downloaded and installed the Win10 64 NVidia driver, and it won't recognize that driver. It keeps reverting to the Generic driver.

Someone said windows 10 can use the 8.1 drivers, but I'm not sure how to assign those. The control panel in Win10 sucks, and there seems to be no "option" to change to a different control panel display either. The windows upgrade happened at midnight automatically, like a thief in the night.

I may eventually like it...but after nearly a whole day of screwing around with this thing, I'm not exactly happy.
I'm on a JX aswell and no problem here after win10 upgrade...
RIght after i finished with win10 i received a Nvidia update v353.62 works like a charm.

Only issue with driver so far is the audio/realtek, it's kind of screwing up the sound quality, without the realtek driver the sound is much better...

markjsr
08-02-2015, 12:41 AM
I installed v353.62, but windows refuses to recognize it. I also installed ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100039 but again, windows doesn't recognize it.

Fun.