PDA

View Full Version : Ssd

mariuszdziedzic
12-16-2011, 06:32 AM
HI, im thinking of getting an ssd as my 2nd drive, and i was wondering if anyine had done it and whats his opinion on it? But also, should i do a clean install of windows cause i dont like some pointless programs that it came with. If anything, which programs should i make sure to reinstall?
cheers

BrodyBoy
12-16-2011, 06:47 AM
HI, im thinking of getting an ssd as my 2nd drive, and i was wondering if anyine had done it and whats his opinion on it? But also, should i do a clean install of windows cause i dont like some pointless programs that it came with. If anything, which programs should i make sure to reinstall?
cheers
Browse around this forum, and you'll find plenty of threads about using SSDs....many owners have added one to their system. A clean install is always a good idea, and if you get a new SSD, that's a good time to do it.

After the clean install, there are certain essential drivers you need to install, specific to your computer, but virtually none of the Asus utilities are necessary. The ATK package is a required driver.

mariuszdziedzic
12-16-2011, 07:01 AM
thanks a lot

_
12-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Check the driver thread for tips of the latest updates. Also if you run two drives remember to set the SSD as the boot one in the BIOS and direct the install of Windows to it ;)

I run a Crucial M4 128GB in my ASUS work laptop and it's significantly faster. As Brody's very useful post stated - there's lots of SSD threads in the forum, just do a search :)