PDA

View Full Version : What software do I use for the webcam?

City Builder
12-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi,

I'd like to try out the web cam on my G74SX but I'm failing to find a program in the all programs list of this laptop that would have anything to do with using the web cam.

Could somebody please tell me what program ASUS installed on the G74SX that utilizes the web cam?

Thanks,

greate
12-17-2011, 01:06 AM
cozy boots (http://www.ugg-clearance-sale.net)
salon, would be freed of the stand up dryer and able to "wash and go" while breaking the rules of hair symmetry altogether.Perhaps his most important legacy is the signature techniques taught around the world today at Vidal Sassoon Academies and the golden rule of cutting that he has passed down to generations of hairdressers--If your client doesn't look good, you don't look good." Needless to say, I shot straight over to the designer's Madison Avenue boutique and bought myself the same oversized Gold Chrono.The "Thriller" jacket is still black and red but it's pate.
ugg clearance (http://www.ugg-clearance-sale.net)
It will give you a new appearence
ath her barely there hemline, Marant shrugs, unfazed.True to their creed, the pair are as unhippieish as one can get, working out of an old candy factory in Montreuil, looking to Parisian hipsters and artists for inspiration, and casting model du jour Dree Hemingway (daughter of eco-advocate Mariel) for their spring lookbook.The four-story shop has one floor dedicated entirely to brides and another to private dinners for preferred customers, prepared by rotating chefs like Yannick Allno from Le Meurice in Paris.Rock chicks, rejoice.SEE MORE '80.
, ugg clearance (http://www.ugg-clearance-sale.net)
and
ugg boots clearance sale (http://www.ugg-clearance-sale.net)
-cardigan multicolor number from Rodarte.Creating The Tommy Hilfiger Corporate Foundation in 1995 to help empower America youth.It was supposed to be a small, fun fest, but fashion people plus costumes never equals small.Weeks in advance, I began strategizing, and using all the tactics of a major photo shoot.McCartney asks.ELLETop Shop.Mizrahi recalls.Evans is a breath of charisma, a first date you love to have.While on one hand, Costa appreciates the androgyny of a McMenamy or Tennant, he loves a woman with curvesello, Ms.He certainly knows how to make girls look pretty.Not only is t.

kb0sdq
12-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Hello City Builder and welcome to the board,
My wifes g74 has virtual camera and I think life frame is another. That I can think of they are in your asus utility folder.
Hope this helps,
Doug

City Builder
12-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Okay.

I start Asus virtual camera, but all it seems to do is put an icon down in my system tray, but nothing else. Double clicking on that icon in the system tray doesn't do anything, and right clicking only allows me to set some settings for it.

Am I to assume that ASUS does not include an actual program to use the webcam (I'm new to webcams, haven't used anything like it since the old days of cuseeme, and that was always with an external cam.

RAGUS
12-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Okay.

I start Asus virtual camera, but all it seems to do is put an icon down in my system tray, but nothing else. Double clicking on that icon in the system tray doesn't do anything, and right clicking only allows me to set some settings for it.

I have this same issue. I downloaded some other random camera-recorder programs off download.cnet.com but they all seemed to only record at extremely low framerates, as if they weren't working properly.

I also have not done anything with a webcam in years, so there may be some basic thing here i'm missing...

JKB0076
12-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I tried the asus camera program(before deleting) also with no luck. But i'm not webcam savvy by any means so maybe I too am missing something.

City Builder
12-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I read the manual last night and there is a fn key combo that opens lifeframe program. I don't know if it was preinstalled or not since I downloaded lifeframe2 off of the Asus site before stumbling upon it in the manual.

However, it seems a rather basic push and record program and there seems to be some really bad lag in recording. I see a button to email people through it but not anythimg that might allow me to video conference with somebody on the internet. Perhaps if I really wanted to do that, I'd need to buy a piece of quality software that is specific to that.

I was kind of hoping I'd be able to do that "right out of the box" so to speak with my parents now that they live all the way across the U.S. from my family.

Icemanforlife
12-17-2011, 07:49 PM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference

go to this thread and search lifeframe that is the asus webcam software that i know of

clinthill98
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
CyberLink Youcam and get it on P2p networks *cough piratebay *cough

380mcn
12-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I read the manual last night and there is a fn key combo that opens lifeframe program. I don't know if it was preinstalled or not since I downloaded lifeframe2 off of the Asus site before stumbling upon it in the manual.

However, it seems a rather basic push and record program and there seems to be some really bad lag in recording. I see a button to email people through it but not anythimg that might allow me to video conference with somebody on the internet. Perhaps if I really wanted to do that, I'd need to buy a piece of quality software that is specific to that.

I was kind of hoping I'd be able to do that "right out of the box" so to speak with my parents now that they live all the way across the U.S. from my family.

If you're using MSN or skype, the webcam works out out the box. the thing is, there is no 'special nifty options' software bundled with that camera except lifeframe.
you don't need it, only the driver that is already installed .