PDA

View Full Version : Need help. Flickering rectangle dots on my screen.

percept
08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone. I've had this laptop for about a year now and I love it. It's my second one and I feel asus rog laptops are the best possible buy.

Now with that being said, lately I've been experiencing these small rectangle dots appearing on my screen whenever I play video games.

They change location whenever I move around in-game and they're not always the same color. Sometimes they're red, blue, green, black, white, etc.

They are pretty small and they flicker on and off the screen. Usually reappearing near the same location it was previously and not directly in the same spot.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I've already updated my drivers to the most current. Really hoping it's not a hardware failure.

Thank you in advance :)

percept
08-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Bump.

rob54613
08-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Have you been using any overclocking programs as this can happen when you push it a little too high. Try underclocking just a little or if your laptop is optimus, run a game on Intel and see if the problem is still there. From my experience if you haven't overclocked then it may be a failing gfx card unfortunatly.

What model of notebook and graphics card are you running?