PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 issues and fixes

Raffafari
08-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone,
I made this thread to post any issues I run across as I just did a clean install of Windows 10 after the upgrade from 8.1 and after the clean install I got my first problem to be the Flight mode light from my G751JT to stay lighted up while the mode was off and when I turned it on the light disappeared. Is there any fix for that?

So far I just did the install of Windows 10 and after a second one from the Settings menu and I had the flight mode issue show up only the second time :/

Did not install any drivers yet just did the updates and about to install the 8.1 drivers and the 10 ATK after.

Raffafari
08-03-2015, 08:47 AM
oh and really curious about this, anybody knows why I had this issue when I tried to install 8.1 back after the 10 upgrade?
The right click menu on all icons looks messed up and I have done many clean installs before and never looked like this but all of a sudden now it does :/

Raffafari
08-03-2015, 08:19 PM
*bump*

sati747
08-04-2015, 12:24 AM
I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago (NOT clean install) and discovered following two anomalies.

1. Intel XTU stopped working. Download a new version from Intel but won't install - "no right to install system services error". Googled around and found this is a "known issue".

2. Windows Start-up sound won't play anymore. (This is a minor issue of course).

I will waiting until the first problem is resolved. Any similar experiences?

After tweaking for good 4 hours, I decided to roll back to 8.1. Now everything is working fine.

sati747

penguin555
08-04-2015, 02:04 AM
For the life of me I cannot seem to disable the TouchPad after windows 10 installed.
I updated the atk, didn't work
Attempted to follow a guide to edit the registry, didn't work

Any ideas?

On a side note, any idea how to customize themes? There's no option to edit which photos are in a theme

AQUASTEVAE
08-04-2015, 02:40 AM
For the life of me I cannot seem to disable the TouchPad after windows 10 installed.

Any ideas?

On a side note, any idea how to customize themes? There's no option to edit which photos are in a theme

first make sure that you are totally uninstalling atk, restarting, and then loading the windows 10 version of atk from asus's site. if you uninstall the old atk first, then the new install should work perfectly. i have done this, and it works with a problem on my system.

I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago (NOT clean install) and discovered following two anomalies.

1. Intel XTU stopped working. Download a new version from Intel but won't install - "no right to install system services error". Googled around and found this is a "known issue".

2. Windows Start-up sound won't play anymore. (This is a minor issue of course).

I will waiting until the first problem is resolved. Any similar experiences?

After tweaking for good 4 hours, I decided to roll back to 8.1. Now everything is working fine.

sati747

wow! etu or xtu isn't working yet, and you decide to go back to the horrible, terrible, awful win 8.1? really?

Zenite
08-04-2015, 03:53 AM

Any ideas?

just use the "Asus Smart Gesture" mouse application(C:\Program Files\Elantech), its found in your systray. For example there is an option so when you plugin an external mouse it disables the track pad, unplug the mouse (and go mobile) and it works again. simple. works in win10 just fine.

sati747

Works fine here. although I never use it because well it's pointless anyway.

penguin555
08-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Thanks a bunch! I did not know that program existed! (still find it odd fn+f9 doesn't work anymore despite updating the atk, oh well)

Sitram
08-04-2015, 08:30 PM
I have the same problem with fn+f9 not working.

All other fn+Fx key combinations are working and I have the latest atk driver V1.0.0038 installed

Sitram
08-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I found a way to make fn+F9 work.

I went into Device Manager->Mice and other pointing devices and saw that the touchpad was recognized by Windows as ELAN. I choose to upgrade the driver and manually selected ASUS Touchpad. Now the Fn+F9 works but I still don't see the touchpad enable/disable animation on the screen like I used to see in Windows 8.1.

Gps3dx
09-24-2015, 03:50 PM
....Now the Fn+F9 works but I still don't see the touchpad enable/disable animation on the screen like I used to see in Windows 8.1.

You need to install windows 10 compatible ATK driver FROM HERE (https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/719/0/2/I3zsjpO34EbUTo7s/45/)
-> after installation, REBOOT !
-> open "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKOSD2" folder and run with admin privileges "ATKOSDMgr.exe" -> enable the checkbox -> save & close
-> try to press the touchpad fn+f9
-> profit.

Gps3dx
09-24-2015, 08:32 PM
I made this thread to post any issues I run across as I just did a clean install of Windows 10

I can advise you to read this first few post in this thread about the touchpad driver (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?77184-Where-is-asus-smart-gesture-so-i-can-uninstall-it)

enjoy.

NeoBeum
09-25-2015, 09:16 AM
....but I still don't see the touchpad enable/disable animation on the screen like I used to see in Windows 8.1......

That's ASUS OSD (on screen display)