PDA

View Full Version : Need help restoring image g75vw windows 7

Dkfabger
08-05-2015, 03:01 AM
Ok so i have a 1tb drive i want to create an image and swap it for a 2tb drive that is formatted with the image of the 1tb. I have a 2nd drive 2tb thatbis blank. Also a usb 3tb drive that has backup files and the same image.

Windows backup is confusing as hell bc it let me create a boot disc that doesnt work. I created a boot disc with asus ai and it wirked but it will only load a factory image. If im off track, please tell me how to copy my laptop, settings, etc as-is to the new drive.

Thanks!!

Clintlgm
08-05-2015, 03:43 PM
All I can suggest is if everything is still working and all you want to do is move you OS to another drive. Would be to download Macrium Reflect Free (http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx) and clone you current OS Drive to the new one? I personally have only have problems with window back up so haven't used it for years so I can't help you out.
With any back up or image program you will need to create a bootable media now days most of us use a USB Thumb drive. After creating test to make sure it boots. If not create it again until you get a booting recovery media. You can do anything with out it.
One other point you may not know. When booing recovery media you should hit the esc key this will bring up a boot menu select the USB UEFI or DVD UEFI drive to boot from. Unless you have converted your system to BIOS MBR in that case boot the USB Device or DVD Device.