PDA

View Full Version : Question about swapping hard-drives in bays - G750

jfailing
08-05-2015, 05:15 PM
For some reason, my SSD hasn't been detected in the BIOS for a while now. I can boot up into Windows no problem as long as I enter the BIOS and cancel without saving changes. If I don't enter the BIOS immediately upon startup, booting seems to enter this infinite loop of starting up, the CD drive making a bunch of noise, and then restart - not even getting to the Asus ROG screen...

I read on the forum that some people have had this problem and fixed it by swapping the HDD and the SSD in the drive bays.

My question is this: is there any risk to swapping the drives? Will the SSD remain as C:\ and HDD as D:\? Will I lose any of my data?

Hoping to remedy the problem, as I'm trying to install Windows10, and I keep getting an error message upon attempted installation. Presumably from this startup error...

Any help would be great!

navis995
08-05-2015, 08:58 PM
If you swap bays you'll do as you said. Swap bays. Instead of HDD being disk #1 in task manager now it will be disk #0 and vice versa. You won't lose data nor will cause any issues, it will simply be titled with different number. Source: I did it myself.