PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with G751JT-CH71; Looking for Assistance

lectric
08-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Hello All.

I apologze for the lengthy post in advance, however the details are relevant.

A few months ago I purchased a G751 to allow me to game while I'm out of town for work. I've been a loyal ASUS customer for years and have always been very satisfied with their products. After much research, I settled on the 751.

Now, full disclosure here - I have not had an Intel-based rig since 2007, and I have no experience whatsoever with NVidia. In addition, I only play 2 games - World of Tanks, and have been testing Armored Warfare since the Alpha.

World of Tank's most recent patch has been seriously bug-laden, and is by far the worst patch that WarGaming has ever released, (and I've been playing since the closed Beta) especially for AMD based rigs. As such, the game has become unplayable on my main rig (9590, Crossfired 290X's, 32GB RAM, LC'd). WG admitted that the the patch was causing major issues on AMD based systems, and after several clean installs, CCC rollbacks, etc, the game still crashes for me almost every battle.

So, I decided to start using my 751JT. The only change having been made to it is the additioan of an 250GB EVO 850 which I have World of Tanks installed on.

Now, WoT is optimized for WG's Russian player base and their Gorbachev-era toaster like PC's. The client is heavily CPU relaint thanks to the BigWorld engine, or as we call it - BugWorld.

WoT recommended the high graphics settings based on the 751's detected hardware. I'v played about 10 games with no mods and I cannot get any FPS higher than 40; with mods I am down to about 30-35. My main rig runs the game heavily modded at 100-120FPS at 4k without breaking a sweat. I don't expect that from a 751. I even turned down the graphics to medium with no improvement. Considering I watched plenty of videos of 751JT-CH71's playing max-modded SkyRim and Metro LL at 80-100FPS, I'm a somewhat disappointed. I'm sure those games are more GPU relaint than WoT, but still. I'm also getting very low FPS with AW.

I have all of the latest Windows and NVidia updates installed, and have uninstalled most of the preinstalled bloatware. I'm hoping someone here can assist me in perahps adjusting some of the NVidia settings or CPU settings that I'm probably unaware of due to never having a team green card, and not having an Intel CPU for a long time. I've tried getting some help from my WoT clanmates, however most of them run AMD rigs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

clockworksatan
08-07-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with that series of games so I can't really offer anything useful in terms of advice because, if the game truly is as buggy as it sounds, it might just be that they've not optimised it particularly well to run on Intel CPU's. I would however say that you should have no fear that you've bought a dud with the G751JT; it's more than capable of playing most games at high settings - and when it comes down to gaming grunt at the moment, Intel CPU's and NVidia graphics are what most people consider to be the best.

After having a quick shifty at the World of Tanks forums it looks like you're not the only one having poor framerates though - it sounds like the game's graphics engine is extremely poorly optimised, so I fear that there's really not a great deal that you can do about it. There's some good looking advice on the WoT forums that might be worth trying, like turning shadows down/off . Take a look at this (http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/366321-why-do-i-get-bad-fps/) thread.

liviutatarus
08-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Sell it and get yourself an Alienware AMD graphics. Additionally Asus Nvidia a big hoax! These are some reasons.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55222-ASUS-G751JT-Black-screen-booting-problem
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61983-PETITION-ASUS-please-allow-G-SYNC-support-on-existing-G751-s!

xeromist
08-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Sell it and get yourself an Alienware AMD graphics. Additionally Asus Nvidia a big hoax! These are some reasons.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55222-ASUS-G751JT-Black-screen-booting-problem
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61983-PETITION-ASUS-please-allow-G-SYNC-support-on-existing-G751-s!

Those threads you posted are not frame rate related issues. If you don't have anything constructive to add then don't go around thread crapping.

liviutatarus
08-07-2015, 04:15 PM
You're right, I was wrong because they are too pained by what is happening. Can you tell me please, as forum moderator, why Asus and Nvidia drivers will not make the G-Sync to provide support for all laptops that support? Come on, give impartial and answer me.
If it is to buy a license, no problem, buy. Only to be told how much and where to make payment. It is very simple.

Edweird
08-07-2015, 04:34 PM
As forum moderator, he probably can't give you those answers regardless of whether he wanted to or not.
We're all put off by the issue but talking down to moderators helps nothing.

Nader
08-07-2015, 05:07 PM
I get 50-60 fps on ultra In 2014 games. Return it and ask for replacement Or turn off Geforce Experience.
ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR LAPTOP IS PLUGGED IN because Gaming is impossible while its plugged off.

liviutatarus
08-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Hey, xeromist, you want to answer me, or me out of the forum, do something, to know that you read what I wrote? Do not let the bosses that pay you to comment? What kind of democracy live? I am romanian, here there is freedom of expression, to you there?

xeromist
08-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Hey, xeromist, you want to answer me, or me out of the forum, do something, to know that you read what I wrote? Do not let the bosses that pay you to comment? What kind of democracy live? I am romanian, here there is freedom of expression, to you there?

I'm not ignoring you, I'm just not on here all of the time. I'm an unpaid volunteer who has a job that has nothing to do with ASUS. And I do not have any special information and I've never signed an NDA so I have no idea what the reason is for the G-Sync support divide any more than you do.

Regardless, that is not the topic of this thread. You will note that ASUS has allowed the G-Sync thread to remain so you are still able to express yourself. But that doesn't mean posting about it in unrelated threads just because you are mad. That is thread crapping.

Also, it may be worth pointing out that this is a forum paid for and run by ASUS. As a private company they are not bound by democracy or freedom of speech but they still let people say pretty much whatever they want as long as they do it in a civil manner. That's a big credit to ASUS compared to some other companies that rule their social media with an iron fist.

liviutatarus
08-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Xeromist, I understand your point of view. Democracy seems not only freedom of expression but means and how you do it. An answer for me, that you can ignore it as a direct address to mail the ASUS CEO. There, in a civilized manner, I would expose my views and I expect an answer to the point. Can you do that for me?
Thank you in advance!

xeromist
08-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Sorry, I honestly do not know any addresses for any ASUS executives. I am literally the same as you in this respect, just a customer. You could try Googling since executive addresses are sometimes leaked online.

Anyway, if you want to have further discussion please start a new thread or send me a PM. We've derailed this thread enough. Thank you!

asabovesobelow
08-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Chill bro. Xeromist, I know what you are trying to say. Maybe you should use other words? Those words really look like... You know that. No offense, just wanna say maybe can look manners. Thats the way you can avoid fight.

clockworksatan
08-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Not to mention that this thread is going wildly off-topic and has escalated into another g-sync moan.

Let's try and help the OP.

asabovesobelow
08-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Yay [emoji4]