PDA

View Full Version : Offical Audio Drivers for W10?

Jeracan
08-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Greetings all!

Just finished upgrading to W10 and everythings to work fine. Even the Nvidia drivers went up and running smooth.

But went to the offical site but no Audio drivers were found for Windows 10?

Should I just keep the standard audio in W10 for noe and wait? or do we have them some other place?

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times before :(

AQUASTEVAE
08-08-2015, 08:15 PM
there is a thread. but you should use 7560 from realtek

Jeracan
08-08-2015, 08:27 PM
there is a thread. but you should use 7560 from realtek

Ohh ok thanks for the reply! :) Will try see if I can find it.

Jeracan
08-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Still no luck finding these drivers for W10, anyone able to help?

PawPaw
08-09-2015, 11:12 AM
The sticky imbalanced sound problems has all the drivers which work in win 7 8 and 10.....as to which he is best...that's a hard call and more down to user preference. ...my speakers rattle no matter what...and sometimes crackle....seems the 751 is weak in the speaker department which is why I use headphones most of the time..

vempatyappu
08-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Still no luck finding these drivers for W10, anyone able to help?

After I upgraded to Win 10 I just opened device manager and right clicked Realtek in Audio devices and selected update device drivers and used the option automatically find latest drivers. It updated mine to 7571.

AQUASTEVAE
08-09-2015, 05:51 PM
yeah, i also updated to 7571. so far so good.

Jeracan
08-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info, also updated mine from device manager! :)

benjmyers1
08-11-2015, 08:28 PM
7576 is out

mountfestuvious
08-13-2015, 06:19 AM
7576 is out

Any idea where? I can't find it on the Asus site, Realtek site or Windows Updates.

ghunter323
08-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Asus.com/support Put your laptop model and choose what os. Then you can find all the drivers needed including audio drivers

ghunter323
08-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Is it safe to use realtek from realtek site? Strictly on asus site?

mountfestuvious
08-13-2015, 09:45 PM
There are no audio drivers for the G751JT for Win10 on the Asus site.

AQUASTEVAE
08-14-2015, 03:01 AM
Asus.com/support Put your laptop model and choose what os. Then you can find all the drivers needed including audio drivers

no, no, no, no, no! most of those drivers are well outdated. they are drivers that will work decently IF you can't find a better driver on the manuf. website. always go to the manuf. website to get the latest drivers for your hardware. asucks, is extremely lazy about updating their drivers page, and usually have well outdated drivers listed. almost always better to go straight to the source.

Is it safe to use realtek from realtek site? Strictly on asus site?

realtek drivers from the realtek site is absolutely fine. i am using 7576 right now, and it works perfectly well.

mountfestuvious
08-14-2015, 03:26 AM
realtek drivers from the realtek site is absolutely fine. i am using 7576 right now, and it works perfectly well.

Don't suppose you have a link? If I look on Realtek for HD Audio codec drivers i only see ones uploaded on 2015/6/25 (7541).

PawPaw
08-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Don't suppose you have a link? If I look on Realtek for HD Audio codec drivers i only see ones uploaded on 2015/6/25 (7541).

Try this link
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/?page=14
for a selection of drivers or this
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7581_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip
has now been updated to v7581
username : spcust
password : hwwk758z

Jeracan
08-14-2015, 05:06 PM
On windows 8.1 I had some other sound software aswell to make more loudness, base... etc, just cant remember what it was called. Even adjusted the EQ, but sound still sounds a bit flat. Any ideas?

Yggdrasil_swe
08-14-2015, 08:29 PM
On windows 8.1 I had some other sound software aswell to make more loudness, base... etc, just cant remember what it was called. Even adjusted the EQ, but sound still sounds a bit flat. Any ideas?

I think the program is called maxxaudio, mine disapeared too when upgrading. I also experience the "flat" audio quality. I don't have a fix though but hopefully someone here can help.

Jeracan
08-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Thanks good to know. Just hope we get more driver soon. The sound is really " flat " and not very good.

dorioo
08-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Thanks good to know. Just hope we get more driver soon. The sound is really " flat " and not very good.

Do you have them configured to "stereo"? It sounds better when I do this:

1. Search for "sound" and open the sound control panel
2. Go to playback tab, right click on speakers, and click "configure speakers"
3. Under audi channel, set it to 5.1 surround (or even Quadraphone).
4. Press next. Press next. Press next. Press finish. Press ok to close the sound controller.

Audio sounds a lot better for me than if it's set to "stereo"

oHOWEo
08-16-2015, 08:37 AM
I get a lot of clicks and pops, anybody else?

Jeracan
08-16-2015, 11:48 AM
Do you have them configured to "stereo"? It sounds better when I do this:

1. Search for "sound" and open the sound control panel
2. Go to playback tab, right click on speakers, and click "configure speakers"
3. Under audi channel, set it to 5.1 surround (or even Quadraphone).
4. Press next. Press next. Press next. Press finish. Press ok to close the sound controller.

Audio sounds a lot better for me than if it's set to "stereo"

Holy***** that helped allot!!!! Thank you so much! until we get more software from Asus this will make the wait much easier :)

mountfestuvious
08-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Setting to 5.1 or Quadrophonic just makes the AudioWizard app unusable. But even setting them and with the new drivers still doesn't seem to use the sub-woofer. I just cant seem to get any bass in Win10. :(

JustinThyme
08-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Try this link
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/?page=14
for a selection of drivers or this
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7581_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip
has now been updated to v7581

Works perfectly! Thanks!

kingjezdi
08-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Works perfectly! Thanks!

thats Driver with Dolby??!

Edit: This Version ist with Dolby:
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Compal/7581_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_ADCTL_Forte _Dolby_Seabroad.zip

Jeracan
08-19-2015, 05:33 PM
thats Driver with Dolby??!

Edit: This Version ist with Dolby:
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Compal/7581_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_ADCTL_Forte _Dolby_Seabroad.zip

THAAAAAAAANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Holy***p! Finally sound with BASS and crispy clean sound!!!!!

<3 <3 So happy happy now!!!! :D

oHOWEo
08-19-2015, 07:56 PM
I have just installed the above driver but now my sub has stopped working?

The 2nd driver down makes my sub work with windows 10 but doesnt have the audio wizard, I still get a lot of snap, crackle & pop with both drivers

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

dorioo
08-22-2015, 02:16 PM
FYI: There are now Windows 10 audio drivers listed on the Asus page.

http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

JarekCyphus
08-22-2015, 07:13 PM
There are no audio drivers for the G751JT for Win10 on the Asus site.

OR for the JY for that matter.

Whoops, NVM! Thanks for that dorioo!

Gps3dx
08-23-2015, 02:23 PM
For any of you with win 10 - does MaxxAudio works ( at all ?! ) ?
if so - what version of the driver have you installed ? how ? from where ?

PawPaw
08-23-2015, 04:49 PM
For any of you with win 10 - does MaxxAudio works ( at all ?! ) ?
if so - what version of the driver have you installed ? how ? from where ?

Version 6.0.1.7576 from Asus website... MaxxAudio all working fine after a lot of headaches ... Just did normal install....but it is hit and miss because took several attempts before Maxx Audio would actually install correctly..
Not sure what will happen with the next update....no doubt the same install issues

Gps3dx
08-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Version 6.0.1.7576 from Asus website... MaxxAudio all working fine after a lot of headaches ... Just did normal install....but it is hit and miss because took several attempts before Maxx Audio would actually install correctly..
Not sure what will happen with the next update....no doubt the same install issues

I Install that driver version like 20 time... no luck.
Can you please some info with me ?
1. what G751 laptop you got ?
2. in device manager -> audio inputs -> speakers (realtek... ) right click -> properties ->"details" tab-> under "property" change the drop-down-list to "Last known parent".
please Copy and write back what is your "Last known parent" of this device.

*** EDIT: SUCCUESS !!!!!
G751JT, Windows 10 x64, with MaxxAudio WORKING ***
What have I done and what not.... ?!
1. Download Asus official audio driver version V6.0.1.7576 (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30) as instructed by @PawPaw (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73990-Offical-Audio-Drivers-for-W10&p=530761&viewfull=1#post530761), et-al

2. TURN AIRPLANE MODE ON to disable ANY internet connection ( Thanks to @SiTWulf & @aframo for the Info (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73951-FIX-Windows-10-and-Asus-Realtek-MaxxAudio-How-to-Get-it!) )
3. Performed regular install as writen HERE ( steps 2-8 ) (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?73951-FIX-Windows-10-and-Asus-Realtek-MaxxAudio-How-to-Get-it!)

2 Make sure your Laptop is in Airplane Mode (this prevent Windwos 10 for reinstall the new driver during reinstalation of the old driver).
3 Unpack the ZIP file to a temp folder in C:\ (for exmaple Downloads folder).
4 Run the Setup.exe file inside the unpacked folder.
5 Your driver will uninstall the New drivers, after uninstall the setup ask for a reset.
6 After restart of Windows (login in your windows) the Realtek will continue with the setup installing the old driver.
7 When the installation complete, need another Reset, let it.
8 When restart complete and you login again in your Windows 10, you can see the new icon in the desktop (AudioWizard).

4. after the 2nd reboot, you will NOT see MaxxAudio AT ALL, "c:\Program Files\Waves" is empty/non existed.
Only realtek control panel will appear when you search for "audio" using the "windows start" button.

5. open CMD with admin privileges and CD to the extract driver folder you've created in step 3
run ( using the CMD ) Install.cmd and WAIT till the cmd return a newline for another command ( this is when the installation ended

6. This time when you press Start->and search for "audio", you'll get "AudioWizard" ( aka MaxxAudio ) and "Realtek HD Audio Manager" ( aka realtek audio control panel ).
Now, it is best to reboot again, the 3rd time ( cuz the install.cmd installed the drivers 2nd time ), BUT i'm not sure its necessary.

7. If when you open "AudioWizard" ( aka MaxxAudio ), click the grey pre-configed EQ presets ( like "WAR ROOM" etc ) and nothing happens/ get no EQ change -> Close the app -> open explorer in "C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio" -> right click "MaxxAudioControl64.exe" and check "RUN AS ADMIN" !

Few notes:

It might be possible to install directly the "Intall.cmd" without prior installation of the setup.exe - >I didn't try.
Please update if its possible so I can udpate my post.

PancakeGiraffe
08-24-2015, 06:46 AM
I love you, Gps3dx. Thank you so much! :D

TugaPower
08-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Don't now if you guys know but ASUS over the G751JY driver support launched Audio Driver for W10, yesterday made clean install over mine of w10 and driver it's working good.

Gps3dx
08-24-2015, 03:25 PM
@TugaPower - it is true that "simple" installation of the setup.exe ( of asus's audio driver, multiple versions, including those that was released for win 8.1) will install realtek's audio drivers onto win 10.

The subject in question here is whether you got MaxxAudio working ( aka AudioWizard, which is really great EQ for the hole system) on win 10 "just by installing" the driver using asus's good-for-nothing setup.exe ?

aeolisio
08-25-2015, 11:03 AM
@TugaPower - it is true that "simple" installation of the setup.exe ( of asus's audio driver, multiple versions, including those that was released for win 8.1) will install realtek's audio drivers onto win 10.

The subject in question here is whether you got MaxxAudio working ( aka AudioWizard, which is really great EQ for the hole system) on win 10 "just by installing" the driver using asus's good-for-nothing setup.exe ?

YES Maxxaudio works just by installing with the setup.exe i run it as admin always and just verified it on a g751 right now. The confusion i get with coworkers alot of the time is they expect the HDMI sound to be affected when using the maxxaudio but thats an nvidia driver.
http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/3/719/0/3/LYuLg2456gbkV5dw/45/
Win 10/Audio/Version V6.0.1.7576

TugaPower
08-25-2015, 12:13 PM

Yes, all works, Maxxaudio included. Just run the setup, don't bother to run as admin. Not needed. At least over mine.

Gps3dx
08-25-2015, 01:14 PM
@TugaPower, @aeolisio
Thanks for the update.

Do you mind to share some info with us please ?
1. What is your G751 model ?
2. What is the Win 10 version you used ? Home / pro / enterprise ?
3. From the device manager -> audio inputs -> speakers -> properties -> details -> "Last known parent" -> copy its "value" and write it to us.
4. Open AudioMaxx - can you change the EQ to any other of the predefined EQ ?
Can you do that withOUT "run as admin" of the application "MaxxAudioControl64.exe" (which sits in ""C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio) ?

Thanks for your help.

TugaPower
08-25-2015, 06:25 PM
1. G751JY T7058H
2. Windows 10 PRO
3. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_104312FF&REV_1000\4&258b9366&0&0001
4. YES and YES

Cheers

Gps3dx
08-25-2015, 09:30 PM
@TugaPower - thanks for the detailed answer...
The HW ID of realtek speaker is the same as mine - only its G751JT
I run HOME edition of win 10.... that might be the reason, although I can find any feedback on that through google search...
@aeolisio - your report on installing asus's audio driver... was it only through setup.exe, withOUT using the "run as admin" ?
what is your win 10 edition ?

mountfestuvious
08-25-2015, 09:57 PM
1. G751JY 4710HQ
2. Windows 10 PRO
3. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_104312FF&REV_1000\4&258b9366&0&0001
4. YES and YES
Cheers

All the same for me, except i have a G751JT-T7029H. Never had a problem with MaxxAudio installing in WIn10. But so far i have yet to hear the sub work at all. I contacted Asus support and they told me to wait for a windows update...

Vythica
08-26-2015, 09:37 AM
The new G751JY Sound drivers released on the official Asus driver support worked perfectly for me with Maxxaudio. I had to use airplane mode or disable my wifi while it installed, or it got stuck in a constant uninstall loop on every reboot.

JonInVA
09-23-2015, 04:34 PM
The new G751JY Sound drivers released on the official Asus driver support worked perfectly for me with Maxxaudio. I had to use airplane mode or disable my wifi while it installed, or it got stuck in a constant uninstall loop on every reboot.

Sweet Jesus, you just saved me from going completely insane. I was stuck in an asus uninstaller uninstalls -> reboot -> win 10 automatically reinstalls default Win10 realtek driver -> asus installer unstalls -> reboot loop.

Airplane mode + unplugging network cables before the reboot saved me.

toronto699
09-23-2015, 05:24 PM
the new W10 "update" will always install some kind of driver if u uninstall a driver. thers is a way to stop the W10 Update from running , its a must to disconnect from internet , to uninstall then install the driver u want. The W10 update will run on most uninstalls . there are some programs u can find on net to stop windows update from running , one is from older build of W10 but still works
http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

AtlasMinor
09-29-2015, 06:40 PM
the new W10 "update" will always install some kind of driver if u uninstall a driver. thers is a way to stop the W10 Update from running , its a must to disconnect from internet , to uninstall then install the driver u want. The W10 update will run on most uninstalls . there are some programs u can find on net to stop windows update from running , one is from older build of W10 but still works
http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

I don't know were to start on explaining how I now have a flawless perfect windows-10 AsusTek Laptop but can say I did 4 years IT college training as a ComputerElectronicsEngineeringTechnician, and the above method will work, installing the driver but sound will still sound bad and windows-10 has a design change called(protecting-yourself/From yourself) meaning if it isn't done through safe mode in a real admin account, then everything else is filtered through the system's Brand-New online smart screen filter .... sad

It will install your driver, it will install your driver wrong.

preventing windows-10 manually can be done, won't help, system is just going to put everything on hold until you allow it to connect online to send the information to verify stuff, this isn't bad, its just not going to install anything properly.

Hate to be the barer of bad news, but windows-10 is going to require you to use a real driver-installer software, get a good one, you will watch with your very own eyes as audio-Maxx shortcuts disappear and re-appear off/onto the desktop WITHOUT restarting the machine.... sad

These are new preventive measures for windows-10, they really don't want people either

A) messing with stuff

or

B) preventing end users from messing up there now, hidden real-registry an accidently installing stuff into the visible phony registry. Drivers are considered a important Watched part of windows-10 and everyone can thank the new supposedly fool-proof activation / lifetime activation for it.

About all I can say without writing a book on tricking the system into pre-installing every driver through a Full-Reset system recovery option and AVOID Windows Updates altogether. I'm serious there is a way, not one driver download will happen and every previous driver will be pre-installed on the system through the start over installation that happens.... TOOK SOME WORK.

This even means you can theoretically get every windows 8 old-drivers onto the system without a hitch. Which during the win 8/10 upgrade it try's to do and supposedly is what its supposed to do. hint hint hint.

My error report is clean, not one error and tested through several reboot/restarts opening/closing every program running every process system known.

Amazing

Even got splendid working seamlessly and fixed the login Flashing, UH how annoying that was, logging in every time watching my screen flash around between video and splendid back to video, that splendid would finally load properly. Something to do with preventing the memory from writing, I'm not going into detail, but OH YA, you have to prevent windows, from preventing you. True story.

Hope this bit of info helps.

-Yrd-
11-26-2016, 12:46 AM
I normally use a USB headset, so I quit using the headphone jack. This headset comes with a regular headphone input though. When I use that input the sound is horrible. I haven't been able to find a way to enable the headphone amp since upgrading from win8.

So, I've been trying for the past few hours to find the right audio drivers that get waves maxx working. I get audio drivers working, but none of them will get waves. I've tried running both waves.msi files, neither will work. The x64 version will start to install, but then error out saying it doesn't work on my machine before completing install. The other x86 version won't even start the process.

I've tried every version listed for my actual model laptop. If you look in the files it doesn't even have all the waves files in the g751 zip. I tried the G751 that everyone links, there is no more 7459 version that I can find. I tried 7469. But that machine is newer than mine and that's the one that gives me an error.

I've tried a hundred different processes that I've seen in these forums. Does anyone have a functional version to point me to.

My laptop is G750JX 4700hq. win10 anniv.

I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread from a year ago, and my laptop is from 2013. But, I want a functional laptop. I was going to buy a new one but the hardware I want is not available and I will be waiting until it is.

toronto699
11-26-2016, 01:52 AM
although this driver is for a desk top . I have used it on a G751 laptop with maxx audio included , others have used it on a G750 install only the audio driver not the audio wizard that's listed under audio because its {Maxx audio} included in the driver
https://www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/G11CB/HelpDesk_Download/?_ga=1.228679324.1653225418.1480121962

-Yrd-
11-26-2016, 09:27 PM
I get the same thing with those drivers. I can use the drivers, though that version you linked is dx12, where all the other's I've tried are dx11, but I can't use wavesmaxx.

How do you enable the headphone amplifier with these drivers?

toronto699
11-26-2016, 09:40 PM
open the HD Audio Manager click on option {the clok wheel top right in HD Audio Manager} , see if "Mute rear output device , when front headphone plugged in ", I believe should work either uncheck or checked ,
u mean maxx audio did not install? if maxx audio is installed check the speaker configuration in "HD Audio Manager" should be stereo.
dx12 is backword compatible dx12 is update for W10

toronto699
11-26-2016, 10:04 PM
if all else fails , sometimes depending on what laptop or PC device I use or game I play , I use razer surround , there is a free version works just fine , but I have the pro version as some of my hardware is Razer if u install Razer surround be sure u check sound playback devices to see what device is playing sound { Realtech or Razer Surround }
http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/surround

-Yrd-
11-26-2016, 11:09 PM
I have the razer software and never liked it. The same problem though. Headphones through my headphone jack sound anemic compared to the sound through the usb connected headset.

I found the wavesmaxx folder in my c drive and try to open waves max, there's a window that opens up but it's blank white. Has the normal windows functions like close and minimize and that's it. It's not in the process of loading or anything.

Also, there is no options for my sound manager. I have stereo speaker setup, can't be changed. The audio wizard panel shows a picture of audiowizard and a launch button that produces nothing.

I really couldn't care less about the programs and driver versions I'm using. I just want to be able to set the amp to work for higher impedance headphones. This used to be an option before these later windows updates.

toronto699
11-27-2016, 12:04 AM
lot of audio changes with W10. took asus almost a year to fix the audio on their sound cards in W10 lots of functions did not work. please give me the name of the headset u have [Brand make , model # ect} . I know the driver I linked to should work. I'm using another driver with maxx audio version 6.0.1.7836 but can no longer find the driver @ Station-drivers.com on another PC
when u installed driver 6.0.1.7586 did it uninstall the older driver during the process and can u check if u have a sonic radar folder with driver 7586?

-Yrd-
11-27-2016, 12:26 AM
The make of the headset doesn't matter. It's any headphone I would plug in. The headset works and sounds great when using the usb wireless connnection. It's a logitech g933, just to humor you.

They work fine on analog with any of these drivers I install too. The problem is they are underpowered or just sound bad with the analog headphone cable connection. I just want that headphone amp, one of the main reasons I bought this particular laptop at the time, to work. I also have a set of beyerdynamic 250 ohm headphones that I use, but I don't travel with them.

I manually uninstall any drivers before I install any new ones. There is no sonic radar folder. I did a search for "sonic" and nothing with that name installed on my drive.