PDA

View Full Version : New Asus g53sw, problem started day 1!

MrDigou
12-17-2011, 03:40 PM
I just recieved my Asus g3sw from amazon, the price had dropped and i took the risk knowing some of the problems that may occur, to my surprise ( and my luck) the problem the Asus g53 notebook had was not that i have seen so much on the forums before.

So upon opening the Box, i inserted the battery and powered the machine on, lights turn on but screen did not the Os,Bios did not as well, after several attempts and using the Brick, battery, button holding methods, i got my machine to start.
Then it said failed to load OS, so i said oh well im putting windows 7 premium. Eventually it turns on after several attempts
"press" power button everything lights up but screen and Os doesnt start, "press" power button again shuts off immediatley.

I was wondering i have till jan 31 to do a full return, or Try to fix the problem it self, im just worried if i open up the laptop it voids the warranty, any ideas SWOR comes out soon and i want to use my early access pass -_-

JRd1st
12-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Open up the bottom and reseat the drive(s), if still no good, then reseat the RAM sticks. You could also try reseating the battery.

If none of that helps exchange it for a new one.

MrDigou
12-17-2011, 03:58 PM
i was thinking that, im just worried it'll mess with the RMA since my last exp with dell and hp, Opening their laptops messed with their RMA

380mcn
12-17-2011, 03:58 PM
full return IMHO.
what about the G74? is it too big for you?

MrDigou
12-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Technically yes haha, but im consdering it now since, i dont see as many problems posted for its problems, but its addign another couple hundred -_-

iraqiboy90
12-18-2011, 04:23 AM
get the g53sx

thesilent85
12-18-2011, 12:11 PM
just return it for a new one!