PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Backtracker that supports Windows 10?

adelwich
08-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Last week, before doing a clean install of WIndows 10, I used the Windows 8.1 Backtracker to create a backup of the recovery files on a USB file. I did *not* delete the disk partition that has the recovery files and was very careful to just install the OS on the partition that had been running Windows 8.1.

I foolishly reformatted the USB drive for another purpose, figuring that I would be able to just back up the files from the recovery partition. Unfortunately, when I run Backtracker in an attempt to make a copy of the partition, it tells me that it won't work under Windows 10.

Is it safe to assume that Asus will eventually roll out a version of the Backtracker that supports Windows 10?

Thanks!

redduc900
08-10-2015, 01:28 AM
Are you unable to access the recovery partition by pressing F9 during POST? As long as you didn't alter the partitions, you can still perform a system recovery from the F9 Options menu. In the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.

GottiBoi55
08-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Last week, before doing a clean install of WIndows 10, I used the Windows 8.1 Backtracker to create a backup of the recovery files on a USB file. I did *not* delete the disk partition that has the recovery files and was very careful to just install the OS on the partition that had been running Windows 8.1.

I foolishly reformatted the USB drive for another purpose, figuring that I would be able to just back up the files from the recovery partition. Unfortunately, when I run Backtracker in an attempt to make a copy of the partition, it tells me that it won't work under Windows 10.

Is it safe to assume that Asus will eventually roll out a version of the Backtracker that supports Windows 10?

Thanks!

Hi adelwich,

You can return back to Windows 8.1 if you like, then you can create a new Backtracker USB.
There's an option to return back to Windows 8.1 within 30 days of the upgrade.
Here's how to access this option.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to Windows 8.1 (Last option @ bottom)

Hope this helps you?
Good luck, and good gaming!

PS: You might want to backup any files you need first.