PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SM951 512GB

Carnoustie
08-10-2015, 07:59 PM
I am thinking of buying one,is a clean install of Win 10 the best thing to do or is there a way to clone the drive I have installed.

AQUASTEVAE
08-10-2015, 10:33 PM
you can do either. a clean install is always the "best" option, as far as getting the most out of the os, and the drive. but you can also use macrium to do a full image also, and load it onto the new drive with a bootable usb drive, setup with rufus. i have this drive in my system as well. while it is fast, it will not run as fast as it can for some reason because of our hw. asus pisses me off with this kind of crap.

theGOAT
08-11-2015, 02:18 AM
you can do either. a clean install is always the "best" option, as far as getting the most out of the os, and the drive. but you can also use macrium to do a full image also, and load it onto the new drive with a bootable usb drive, setup with rufus. i have this drive in my system as well. while it is fast, it will not run as fast as it can for some reason because of our hw. asus pisses me off with this kind of crap.

how fast can sm951 only get on JY's?

Carnoustie
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM
was just looking at the prices online,scan is the cheapest I could find at just over 230,Amazon was 50 dearer.

PawPaw
08-12-2015, 02:56 PM
was just looking at the prices online,scan is the cheapest I could find at just over 230,Amazon was 50 dearer.

Same here...was 231 at the weekend but went up to 234 on monday....was hoping for a " today only " deal before pulling the trigger on this