PDA

View Full Version : G750JM Multi Monitor Question

Guacamoley
08-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Hi Team!

Pretty generic question here that I couldn't resolve with online research as its so specific to this particular notebook.
I have the G750JM capable of supporting 3 screens including its own, having the HDMI and VGA output for such,
my question is, is it possible to have 3 external mointors setup and have the laptop display off to use them? effictively turning the laptop in to a PC.

If so, what would the setup require as there is only two ports, a HDMI splitter or a VGA splitter?

Thanks everyone!

Ben

Homie22OC
08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
you need a hdmi port for your monitor and vga to have two monitors.. i currently am doing this since my jz has 5 dead pixels ;/

your able to turn off your laptop monitor in display settings and just use two external monitors.

Guacamoley
08-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi Homie

Does your JZ support 3 monitors? Or two and you are making your Laptops main display on the external Monitor?

I am able to have two externals with no issue but I was hoping to have 3 externals to replace the laptops display.

Guacamoley
08-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Hi Team

I also just found the thread about someone else's endavour to do this!!!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45805-Triple-monitor-setup-on-ASUS-ROG-G750JM-or-ASUS-ROG-G750JS
Yay for Asus forums

Thanks team