PDA

View Full Version : Can't get any webcams to stop dropping frames on new laptop

majhoop
08-14-2015, 09:08 PM
[LEFT]I have an ASUS ROG GL551JM-EH74. On my old Dell laptop with XP I used a Logitech C310 Webcam with no problems. Seldom got dropped frames in video capture. Now with this one I get a huge number of dropped frames(win 8.1). I also tried the built in webcam with Lifeframe. It shows a kind of slow mo video like it buffered in the capture and the sound is out of sync.
I've tried Sony Vegas Movie to capture but get major frame dropping. I tried installing and reinstalling Logitech software for the webcam but It shows an error message then closes. I tried installing the Cyberlink Video Edit program but it crashes at startup. So my question is if others have a frame dropping problem using webcams and if so and a solution was found could they explain how they did it. Thanks

majhoop
08-16-2015, 08:42 AM
No clues? This is supposed to be a powerful laptop. Specwise at least compared to my old Dell 9400 but I've been stymied at every turn to capture video. Just now I tried The Logitech Cam with Sony Vegas and for 10 seconds of capture got 165 dropped frames. Then I tried the built in Asus Webcam and software Lifeframe and the audio was completely out of sync.