PDA

View Full Version : Can't access G751JY bios?

Bad S3kt0r
08-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Hey guys, trying to access the bios on my G751JY by hitting delete/F12 on startup but it just shoes the ROG symbol and the spinning circle on the bottom and boots straight into windows 8. Any tips?

TugaPower
08-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Its F2 bro ... Maybe its because of that you cannot enter :)

ZIXEL
08-16-2015, 06:58 PM
esc canoot work ?

shysteer
08-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Hey guys, trying to access the bios on my G751JY by hitting delete/F12 on startup but it just shoes the ROG symbol and the spinning circle on the bottom and boots straight into windows 8. Any tips?

I am having the opposite problem I am stuck in Bios after my computer crashed when word would not open. Screen froze and had to use power button. Now stuck in permanent bios. I think the hdd is corrupt and cannot find the OS 10. Any suggestions on how to recover??

Clintlgm
08-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Yes try to clean install Windows 10 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Asus Support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1)for your hardware drivers or find your own from the manufacture website

If that won't work your hard drive probably crashed?

JustinThyme
08-21-2015, 01:02 AM
its the ESC button. Spam it as you are hitting the power button. If you get to the ROG logo you missed it.

As for the HDD problem have you tried the simple things first, like pull it out and reseat it? Is it showing up in the BIOS? Did you leave the recovery partitions intact, if so that is the other option just before entering the BIOS.

di Valenti
08-21-2015, 07:41 AM
Greetings, yes there is an issue with the bios boot up - I suspect it's the fast boot in the BIO settings that is the culprit, but I haven't messed with it yet...

The system doesn't always shut down completely or it goes into a hibernation kind of thing - where you restart it or shut down and while hitting F2 it simply restarts windows. It's probably a bug on some - I still have the issue on 208, but it will not hurt your system to restart it with the button when this happens in my experience.

How I deal with it is that I push the power and hold it down it will eventually restart doing this and hold down F2 - you should get the BIOs then - you may have to do this a couple times - if it asks to restore windows - just restart it again - you will not have hurt windows doing this as you have shut it down completely prior to this, and you are simply rebooting with power - windows may bark but it doesn't bite doing this... it's only when your writing files that you can fry the Reg... so make sure prior just hit shutdown and wait until the system is completely off and only the charge light is on, you can then unplug it if you want to clear the RAM, then simply do the hold down pwr and F2 and that will get you the BIOS...

It's fickle... sometimes it does it and sometimes not... but it's def a bug in there somewhere. If turning off the fast boot in BIOs does it - post it - I am doing backups and upgrades and don't want to upset the apple cart atm with trouble shooting it prior to posting here at this moment.

cl-Albert
08-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, it's tougher to catch the bios at boot up for these Win8/8.1/10 units.

The ESC key should work at boot up to get to the bios through the boot menu, but if you miss it and find yourself in Windows, hold the shift key while you restart Windows and it will get you to the advanced startup screen where you can navigate to the UEFI bios option from there.