PDA

View Full Version : G751JT OC Opinions

Bad S3kt0r
08-17-2015, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, decided to take the plunge and flash my vbios today. Rocking the current settings, everything seems good. Only about 10 degrees hotter under load, bringing temps effectively to 70 degrees or less. I was wondering if you guys could make any suggestions/tweaks to these settings before I go ahead and run it through 3dmark.

http://postimg.org/image/bedxi158n/

Thanks

vempatyappu
08-17-2015, 11:51 PM
Is your CPU running at same temps as before or is it cooler? and do you have a guide that i can follow for this?

Bad S3kt0r
08-18-2015, 12:51 AM
Is your CPU running at same temps as before or is it cooler? and do you have a guide that i can follow for this?

If you're using a G751JT I can help, not sure about other laptops. CPU is running at the same temp from what I can see. I only apply the OC before gaming, of course.

vempatyappu
08-18-2015, 01:13 AM
My CPU runs at 93 or 94 when I play crysis 3 or CS:GO and I'm on windows 10. Sadly this used to happen on windows 8.1 too. No idea what to do. I can't RMA it to ASUS as it's gonna take a long time for them to return it and most of my work is done on this laptop. I want to open the top keyboard cover and clean the dust off and try again but I don't know if it's gonna void the warranty or not. Yeah I'm using a G751JT so if possible can you give me a link for OCing? with all the steps.

oHOWEo
08-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Am I missing something here, how will overclocking your already worryingly hot laptop help?

joshindaphils
08-18-2015, 06:59 AM
My CPU runs at 93 or 94 when I play crysis 3 or CS:GO and I'm on windows 10. Sadly this used to happen on windows 8.1 too. No idea what to do. I can't RMA it to ASUS as it's gonna take a long time for them to return it and most of my work is done on this laptop. I want to open the top keyboard cover and clean the dust off and try again but I don't know if it's gonna void the warranty or not. Yeah I'm using a G751JT so if possible can you give me a link for OCing? with all the steps.

I think an undervolt of the CPU and perhaps a repaste would help you out a pit more than than an overclock...

warryabel
08-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, decided to take the plunge and flash my vbios today. Rocking the current settings, everything seems good. Only about 10 degrees hotter under load, bringing temps effectively to 70 degrees or less. I was wondering if you guys could make any suggestions/tweaks to these settings before I go ahead and run it through 3dmark.

http://postimg.org/image/bedxi158n/

Thanks
looking good i would like to know a few things... the first has you modified your vbios by yourse
lf? has you gtools installed? with gtools and a modified bios the gpu twek 2.8.3. wont open cpl. i use alternativ nvinspector and this are my gaming settings51148
ok,ive done you have no gtools and the latest driver...thx for nothing :-)
in my case some strange...have installed nvidia 348.xx but nvinsp shows 346.xx is thats the reason why gputweak wont open controlpanel?

vempatyappu
08-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I think an undervolt of the CPU and perhaps a repaste would help you out a pit more than than an overclock...

You're right I'm gonna try undervolting first but the problem is that the new Intel XTU and old XTU interfaces are different and I don't know which to use for undervolting and decided not experiment as it can be disastrous.

As you can see old one and the new one are completely different and most of the voltage changes require a restart to be applied which wasn't the caase in older version. Please let me know how or what do I change. I mean instead of Dynamic CPU Voltage offset now I have two: Processor Analog IO Voltage Offset and Processor Digital IO Voltage Offset and both require a restart to be applied.

antoine52200
08-18-2015, 06:31 PM
you need to undervolt Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset and Processor Cache Voltage Offset to undervolt your CPU

Can you tell me which GPU do you have and do you have a link for the modded bios? or did you modded yourself?

antoine52200
08-18-2015, 06:33 PM
If you undervolt both dynamic cpu and processor cache you don't have to reboot to apply so it's easier to benchmark or stress test and you can gain quiet a lot of temps

vempatyappu
08-18-2015, 06:34 PM
you need to undervolt Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset and Processor Cache Voltage Offset to undervolt your CPU

Can you tell me which GPU do you have and do you have a link for the modded bios? or did you modded yourself?

Like i said I don't have the Dynamic CPU voltage offset option at all. :(

warryabel
08-18-2015, 09:28 PM

Can you tell me which GPU do you have and do you have a link for the modded bios? or did you modded yourself? the man you mean in the picture of the modded vbios is not the man you reply...lol

joshindaphils
08-18-2015, 10:25 PM
You're right I'm gonna try undervolting first but the problem is that the new Intel XTU and old XTU interfaces are different and I don't know which to use for undervolting and decided not experiment as it can be disastrous.

As you can see old one and the new one are completely different and most of the voltage changes require a restart to be applied which wasn't the caase in older version. Please let me know how or what do I change. I mean instead of Dynamic CPU Voltage offset now I have two: Processor Analog IO Voltage Offset and Processor Digital IO Voltage Offset and both require a restart to be applied.

In the new XTU version the values of interest are 'Core Voltage Offset' and 'Cache Voltage Offset'.

vempatyappu
08-19-2015, 03:01 AM
Thanks josh and Bad sector did you run CS:GO on your laptop? Mine is still running at 93C after undervolting so I'm gonna RMA it.

aeolisio
08-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Thanks josh and Bad sector did you run CS:GO on your laptop? Mine is still running at 93C after undervolting so I'm gonna RMA it.
Out of curiosity whats your ambient temp. On a blistering day outside my cpu will hit that but the 4870 is hot to begin with. At home or ay work in AC and with a cooler it never gets anywhere above 76.

vempatyappu
08-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Ambient temp is 46 on a hot day and 35-38 on a cool day or when AC is turned on. But it still gets very hot while gaming. Oh and mine is a 4710 with no overclock GPU or CPU. Actually my Gpu temps are pretty good max I ever had was 76 or 78 without AC/hot day.

joshindaphils
08-19-2015, 07:59 AM
CS:GO will eat every bit of your GPU power it can often resulting in crazy high and not benifical FPS.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2882533

Of the 5 heatpipes in the system only 1 is dedicated to the CPU only two go to the CPU... so half of the cooling for the CPU is thermally bound to the GPU. Not accounting for any heat transfer in the heat sink. Spiking the GPU adversely affects CPU temps.

Rares95
08-19-2015, 08:19 AM
People that say they get 67-70 degrees when gaming, please try Space Engineers will ya, it will get your CPU at a nice and hot temperature of 92 ish. Either that or do some stress test with Prime 95.

aeolisio
08-19-2015, 11:44 AM
ya the gpu should be lower but that cpu is high for a 4710 but most of that is those really high ambients. If you decide to repaste messege me and ill help you with it and you might consider a cooler pad even though the g751 pulls most of its air from the ports and keyboard area a cooler pad can help if fans are right over those 2 intake vents not to meantion the passive cooling of airflow against the bottom of the case helps. When you rma it they will probably just check the temps at an ambient of 25c or less and then decide theres nothing wrong with it you would be lucky if they even did a repaste.

vempatyappu
08-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Yeah I was hoping to talk to somone on the forum with ASUS after I RMA it as I can tell them that it's reaching up to 96 C CPU when playing heavy games even Crysis 3 and GTA V (Had to return GTA V on steam as my laptop was getting too hot). I tried everything undervolting, limiting fps but the best improvement was undervolting which was 3 degrees lower 93C when gamimg. So, I decided to RMA it. Hope I get it back soon.

warryabel
09-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Like i said I don't have the Dynamic CPU voltage offset option at all. :( have the same problem cant see the point dynamic can only see core voltage offset,was it renamed?

joshindaphils
09-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Regarding XTU values... Guys really just read the thread you are posting on... the answers are there. Start on page one and work your way back here. I am sure you will figure it out.

warryabel
09-10-2015, 07:13 PM
it was helpfull when you say yes youre right warry thats mean the same as dynamic...thx

joshindaphils
09-10-2015, 07:24 PM
it was helpfull when you say yes youre right warry thats mean the same as dynamic...thx

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

My post was so as it was truly more helpful then what you are complaining about.

It is bad form to complain about being handed a solution just because you would rather it be done in 'your' way.

You are welcome regardless.

warryabel
09-11-2015, 04:56 AM
cmon adminsociety make your statement officiel when you think im useless...asus has also do nothing usefull for us!!!