PDA

View Full Version : G751J series questions

Icemix
08-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm hoping to find some insight about the ROG logo on the back of the screen.
I noticed that it turns off when the screen does, so is there a way to modify it somewhere in the registry to not turn off or is it hardwired? I really like it and I would like to have it glowing even with my screen folded down.

Second thing is, did anybody try to change the red leds under the keyboard with blue ones? Or the logo on the back of screen also?

Thanks!

Nader
08-19-2015, 08:56 AM
You Cannot change the Colors but you can Dim Turn Them off if you want
As for the back over light I am unsure if you can turn it off or not.

antoine52200
08-19-2015, 09:08 AM
If the back lights on the keyboard is important to you don't take a G751 you can't change the color, only 3 dim positions and the back logo i never seen a tuto on how to keep it on when closed.. it might be possible to do but you will have to look for it yourself once you get the laptop.

Icemix
08-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Thank you for the replies.
I didn't find anything on the back logo sadly, posting here was my last resort. I don't mind the keyboard lights, actually I love them, I just wish they were blue or white that's all. I'm not a big fan of the whole red look, but I'll just get used to it because it seems there's no way to change it. Maybe after my warranty expires I'll take it apart to check if there is anything I can do.

Have a nice day!

Edweird
08-25-2015, 08:13 AM
I'm fairly certain the logo light is hardware-controlled i.e most laptops I've seen have a tiny microswitch inside the case under the screen that triggers when the screen is angled down a specific amount and it breaks power to the screen. I'm willing to bet the LED(s) that light up the logo are connected to the same mechanism or what's more, it could be that it uses the screen's own backlight, I've seen this done on other laptops.

aeolisio
08-25-2015, 10:20 AM
There is a mod for the g750 with films but it starts with a white backlight so if you filmed over red you could slightly shift the color or go purple i suppose.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/g750-diy-keyboard-backlight-color-mod.739562/