PDA

View Full Version : F9 Win 8.1 Restore key doesn't Work after Win10

HarryCYUL514
08-22-2015, 09:52 PM
is this true for anyone else? i want to go back to 8.1 from F9.

Gps3dx
08-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Hello,
Can you be more specific, tell us more details ?
Do you want to make dual boot ?
or do you want to have the "format all& restore windows 8.1 as i got it from asus" ?

Generally speaking, if you made the upgrade to windows 10, you can FORGET about that silly F9 "fomat&install OEM windows 8" !
explanation:
once you've made windows 10 free upgrade your OEM product key belongs to WIN 10 !
even if you'll format and install from scratch win 8/8.1 - the product key will NOT work and your windows won't be genuine !

If you want to go back using genuine windows 8/8.1 - you MUST perform it from windows 10 -> settings->updates->recovery-> "go back to preview version of windows".
YOU GOT ONLY 1 MONTH TO "ROLL BACK", SINCE THE DAY YOU'VE MADE THE UPGRADE TO win 10 !
make your life better by forgetting this F9 feature, format&remove that space from the HDD and add it to one of your existing partitions ( its couple of tens of GB ! )
I can suggest you use "ghost" applications like norton ghost to image your hole OS whenever you want - so you'll have a restore solution instead of the sluggish, bloatwared, not-rightly-configured "F9" asus's windows image.

HarryCYUL514
08-23-2015, 01:55 AM
ok thanks

HarryCYUL514
08-23-2015, 02:56 AM
Hello,
Can you be more specific, tell us more details ?
Do you want to make dual boot ?
or do you want to have the "format all& restore windows 8.1 as i got it from asus" ?

Generally speaking, if you made the upgrade to windows 10, you can FORGET about that silly F9 "fomat&install OEM windows 8" !
explanation:
once you've made windows 10 free upgrade your OEM product key belongs to WIN 10 !
even if you'll format and install from scratch win 8/8.1 - the product key will NOT work and your windows won't be genuine !

If you want to go back using genuine windows 8/8.1 - you MUST perform it from windows 10 -> settings->updates->recovery-> "go back to preview version of windows".
YOU GOT ONLY 1 MONTH TO "ROLL BACK", SINCE THE DAY YOU'VE MADE THE UPGRADE TO win 10 !
make your life better by forgetting this F9 feature, format&remove that space from the HDD and add it to one of your existing partitions ( its couple of tens of GB ! )
I can suggest you use "ghost" applications like norton ghost to image your hole OS whenever you want - so you'll have a restore solution instead of the sluggish, bloatwared, not-rightly-configured "F9" asus's windows image.

can i F9 RESTORE before the 30days?

JustinThyme
08-24-2015, 12:30 AM
I think what he was saying is that once you have upgraded the f9 function is no longer an option. You have to go to windows 10 -> settings->updates->recovery-> go back to preview version of windows within 30 days. That in and of itself will roll you back to 8.1 right where you started before the upgrade then it will be just as it was and the f9 function will work again. This is provided you didnt delete the "windows.old" file. If thats gone then so is your chance of rolling back.