PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-DH72 Windows 10 Issue - Loudness Equalization MISSING

AdelaisAer
08-23-2015, 06:03 AM
Hi, everyone. Been a long time since I've been here, but I'll cut to the chase.

So I upgraded to Win 10 a while ago, and everything seemed fine. I noticed my audio being...weak...but didn't know why. I updated to the latest drivers (using Windows Update and Device Manager), and now I realized the issue - the enhancements are all missing.

I found something interesting - I uninstalled THX TruStudio, which made enhancements appear again, but Loudness Equalization was nowhere to be found, so I restored THX TruStudio again. Now I wanted to try to uninstall it again, but when I try, nothing happens. Might have to manually uninstall it - anyone can walk me through it?

TL;DR G74SX-DH72, upgraded to Win 10, Loudness Equalization is missing. What do?

EDIT: This laptop's audio has Nvidia, Realtek, and THX TruStudio. That's how it was. I changed nothing.

maxus123
09-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Hi man,

I also upgraded to Windows 10 and it seems Creative THX TruStudio is not working.

Have you found any solution?

Thanks,
Maxus

toronto699
09-13-2015, 01:55 PM
go to creative and see if they have W10 drivers , that's what I did for my non creative sound card

maxus123
09-13-2015, 02:37 PM
go to creative and see if they have W10 drivers , that's what I did for my non creative sound card

Unfortunately, I doubt there are drivers for W10, I only found ones for W7 and W8.

Also, Creative does not really allows to download them from website as they are already included in laptop's software.

I decided to roll back to Windows7 as the sound was pretty lame on W10 due to lacking drivers. Unfortunately, my mouse and keyboard did not respond when I rolled back, so I had to format once again. I'll stick to W7 and SSD drive... :)

toronto699
09-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Creative W10 drivers http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

AdelaisAer
10-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Creative W10 drivers http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Thanks, I'll try these and see if it works.

EDIT: I noticed that those are drivers for just Creative audio cards, not the actual THX TruStudio software. Any chance of finding a Win10 update for that?

Will see if the Realtek one at least helps...

toronto699
10-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi, everyone. Been a long time since I've been here, but I'll cut to the chase.

So I upgraded to Win 10 a while ago, and everything seemed fine. I noticed my audio being...weak...but didn't know why. I updated to the latest drivers (using Windows Update and Device Manager), and now I realized the issue - the enhancements are all missing.

I found something interesting - I uninstalled THX TruStudio, which made enhancements appear again, but Loudness Equalization was nowhere to be found, so I restored THX TruStudio again. Now I wanted to try to uninstall it again, but when I try, nothing happens. Might have to manually uninstall it - anyone can walk me through it?

TL;DR G74SX-DH72, upgraded to Win 10, Loudness Equalization is missing. What do?

EDIT: This laptop's audio has Nvidia, Realtek, and THX TruStudio. That's how it was. I changed nothing.
here is latest realtek drivers
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&Itemid=255&catid=4&id=7&lang=fr&limitstart=420

be sure to use the passwaord In the post to download driver u want to try, isn't loudness equalization in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" In W10 search type "Realtek HD Audio Manager "u can make a restore point in W10 if u want to go back to the previous driver if u install a new one , in search in W10 type restore point and create one

Almighty1
10-05-2015, 12:09 AM
I am missing Loudness Equalization too on my G74SX-3DE with the latest Realtek drivers.... I've tried everything from Windows Update to 6.0.1.7624 WHQL.

toronto699
10-05-2015, 12:12 AM
isn't loudness EQ in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager"? try this
Right click on the speaker icon , click on open volume mixer , in device click on the speaker , Speaker properties should open , click on enhancements , change the enhancements u want

AdelaisAer
10-05-2015, 02:11 PM
isn't loudness EQ in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager"? try this
Right click on the speaker icon , click on open volume mixer , in device click on the speaker , Speaker properties should open , click on enhancements , change the enhancements u want

.....That's the issue that me and the other guy were talking about - there is NO Loudness Equalization in the Realtek Manager. It's what we're trying to figure out.

toronto699
10-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Ok now I understand loudness Equalization not in Realtek HD audio manger .
my loudness equalization is in Realtek HD Audio Manager with the 7624 driver , in sound Effects , Environment , Loudness Equalization
U can always select it in , {Windows} Speakers Properties . I have a G751 and 2 other asus pc's all have it with this driver

AdelaisAer
10-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Ok now I understand loudness Equalization not in Realtek HD audio manger .
my loudness equalization is in Realtek HD Audio Manager with the 7624 driver , in sound Effects , Environment , Loudness Equalization
U can always select it in , {Windows} Speakers Properties . I have a G751 and 2 other asus pc's all have it with this driver

We tried that too. It seems that Loudness Equalization is just non-existent (both in Realtek Manager and in Windows Settings) with our latest drivers in Windows 10.

Almighty1
10-05-2015, 08:33 PM
It has to exist in Readtek HD Audio Manager before it will exist in Speaker Properties. See my post here:
http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-8.html#post405334

AdelaisAer
10-06-2015, 06:14 PM
It has to exist in Readtek HD Audio Manager before it will exist in Speaker Properties. See my post here:
http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-8.html#post405334

A month ago, I did try updating to the latest Realtek Manager R2.79 but it didn't fix it. I also tried uninstalled THX TruStudio, which enabled Enhancements finally, but Loudness Equalization still wasn't there.

toronto699
10-06-2015, 06:47 PM
hmmm u could always try a W8.1 driver . I tried both a W10 and W8.1 driver , I have loudness equalization in both but I do not use that feature. My laptop is a G751-jy. my favorite audio driver is actually very old, Asus Realtek Driver ,6.0.1. 7035 . its on all my PC devices except one . All have W10

Almighty1
10-06-2015, 07:28 PM
The same drivers are used for Vista/7/8/8.1/10 as far as Realtek is concerned as the drivers folder is actually called Vista.

AdelaisAer
10-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Then I guess anyone with a G74SX is just screwed? :/

Almighty1
10-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Unless you can get Viper4Windows or some other Audio Enhancement working.