PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with my new Samsung SM951 MZHPV256HDGL - 000000 on G501JW

iYaoYau
08-25-2015, 04:36 AM
It's not detected by the BIOS or direct in Windows on the Intel HM87 mainboard. I own this different model-configuration (G501JW-CN117H) that the M.2 slot is not populated. I know that on this mainboard the SM951 should be operational. I saw the different model, which the SM951 is pre-installed. I have tried various things on BIOS and installed the last BIOS version but no effect. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

dienow
08-25-2015, 05:56 AM
unplug and replug the ssd, i would ask asus to fix it on the place not RMA , but if it doesnt detect again then u can ask for a replacement ,

iYaoYau
08-25-2015, 07:48 AM
unplug and replug the ssd, i would ask asus to fix it on the place not RMA , but if it doesnt detect again then u can ask for a replacement ,

May I know what's RMA? A replacement for SSD? I've got two versions of SM951 including ACHI and NVMe. Unfortunately, both are undetectable.

dienow
08-25-2015, 10:48 AM
basicaly you just sent your laptop for repair, anyway did u try the SSD on a different PC and see it detects?

avd-vlad
12-29-2015, 02:23 AM
It's not detected by the BIOS or direct in Windows on the Intel HM87 mainboard. I own this different model-configuration (G501JW-CN117H) that the M.2 slot is not populated. I know that on this mainboard the SM951 should be operational. I saw the different model, which the SM951 is pre-installed. I have tried various things on BIOS and installed the last BIOS version but no effect. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

So did you fix the problem finnaly? I had the same situation. I could not find any solution. Asus support says that SM951 AHCI should work without any setting, bios updates, etc. But the only solution I found - to replace M2 SSD to SATA Samsung SSD 850 Pro. It is not so fast but it is working. Please let me know If there is any solution. Tank you in advance.