PDA

View Full Version : G75VW motherboard replacement cables

imranoftherings
08-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Hi All,
I recently disassembled my laptop to plug in a new wireless card to support 802.11ac wireless protocol. I booted everything, verified the change and everything was fine. While putting things back I frayed the cable which connects the power button to the motherboard. So my power button isn't working well. I was looking for replacement cables for my motherboard. Any cable component numbers/datasheet/links to buy will be very much appreciated. I contacted ASUS customer service and they said they don't sell these parts separately and that I will have to send the laptop for servicing. They gave me an estimate of 153$ which is obviously atleast an order of magnitude more than what is reasonable for such a request. Please help me out. Thanks.

ll_r1d0_ll
08-26-2015, 02:47 AM
Hi All,
I recently disassembled my laptop to plug in a new wireless card to support 802.11ac wireless protocol. I booted everything, verified the change and everything was fine. While putting things back I frayed the cable which connects the power button to the motherboard. So my power button isn't working well. I was looking for replacement cables for my motherboard. Any cable component numbers/datasheet/links to buy will be very much appreciated. I contacted ASUS customer service and they said they don't sell these parts separately and that I will have to send the laptop for servicing. They gave me an estimate of 153$ which is obviously atleast an order of magnitude more than what is reasonable for such a request. Please help me out. Thanks.

just take the cable out ..only cable and go to any local computer/laptop repair shop and ask him to give u the cable of that size...length does not matters u can cut it later when u get it :) he will hardly ask u for 50 cents i guess or maybe give u that for free :D