PDA

View Full Version : G751JT Aptio Setup Utility loop after force shutdown

elizabethhn
08-29-2015, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I am having some troubles with my ROG G751JT.
While using Audacity, I closed the laptop for a second and when I opened it again, it was frozen.
I couldn't take any actions so I forced a shut down by pressing the power button.
When the computer re-booted, it opened the Aptio Setup Utility and won't let me exit.
I tried 'save and exit' and also 'discard changes and exit' but it takes me back to aptio setup utility regardless.

I tried some suggested solutions from this forum http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35315-G75VW-stuck-on-Aptio-Setup-Utility-since-a-Bios223-updating
but I didn't want to run easy flash because I heard a BIOS update gone wrong can ruin a computer and I'm
not really sure what I'm doing.

I checked the SATA configuration option and this is what it says:
Serial ATA Port 0
Empty
Empty
Empty

Serial ATA Port 2
Device Type: ATAPI CDROM
Model Name: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUCON
Serial Number: KXOEAB51639

Serial ATA Port 3
Device Type: Hard Disk
Model Name: HGST HTS721010A9E630
Serial Number: JR10006POVBA2F

Also, my BIOS version is 205.

I really don't know what the problem is and I'm desperate to solve this problem quickly since I have
a final project due for my class in a couple days. I would really appreciate help. Thanks!

aeolisio
08-29-2015, 01:57 AM
1/ Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
2/ Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable
3/ Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
4/ Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
5/ Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
6/ Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
7/ Select ' Advanced Options'
8/ Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occured

ton of google hits for this you can try

elizabethhn
08-29-2015, 02:10 AM
Hi,

When I disable the 'secure boot control' and enable 'launch CMS' and try to reboot, I get a message that says
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
I get this message even after pressing F9 during start up (tried F10 too).
Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks a bunch.

Bear Bait
08-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Hi,

When I disable the 'secure boot control' and enable 'launch CMS' and try to reboot, I get a message that says
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
I get this message even after pressing F9 during start up (tried F10 too).
Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks a bunch.

I have exact same problem. Now stuck at this "reboot and select proper reboot device" .

elizabethhn
08-30-2015, 09:26 PM
I contacted ASUS support and according to them, I'm having this problem because my hard drive went bad (not sure what that means or how that happened..). I have to send in my laptop for repair :/ If you hold down esc during start up, you should be able to see if your hard drive is recognized by BIOS or not. If it's not, then it's a problem with your hard drive I think

Hank174
08-31-2015, 09:17 AM
I contacted ASUS support and according to them, I'm having this problem because my hard drive went bad (not sure what that means or how that happened..). I have to send in my laptop for repair :/ If you hold down esc during start up, you should be able to see if your hard drive is recognized by BIOS or not. If it's not, then it's a problem with your hard drive I think

Same problem with my ssd 128 Gb. I've just sent my g751jy for repair.