PDA

View Full Version : Asus g74sx-3D Freezing OS

x0rkinko
12-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi, i have a little problem. Sometimes when i start my computer from sleeping mode after few seconds/minutes explorer (desktop, startbar..) ist not working. It's freeze i cant do anything i cant logout or restart computer. I have to hold power button and wait to shut down computer than is working properly. Have anybody this problem ? How can i fix it i don' t think reinstal operation system will resolve the problem.

fuzon1337
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi

I would download CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard)
- Install the program (uncheck the google toolbar option under installation)
- Run register in CCleaner and see if it finds a lot of useless register files that can be deleted (when it ask if you want to take a backup choose yes)
- Then see if the problem is gone.

Or if you have turned on system recovery, I would restore to an earlier point when this didn't happend and see if it's gone then.

x0rkinko
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for your advice, but it's not working . I have been using ccleaner for a long time and the problem is still same and tried lot of another cleaning or "reparings" programs but no effect. System recovery is turned on but not long ago crashed my windows, system was recovered and freezing stays. On other forum someone wrote it could be problem with power perfomance (you know entertainment mode, office mode...) but i don't realy uderstand what he was meaning. Im little comfused i hope it's only operation system problem not computer, but try image when u wake up you computer, log into windows and after short time explorer freeze and u have to restart it .. its annoying :)

fuzon1337
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I had the same problem with the notebook I borrowed when my was in the repair center. But it didn't freeze short time after, but it happend sometimes when I was surfing on the internett, playing games or watching movies, and the freeze mode variety from some seconds to minutes.

And what I found out about the problem on that notebook was the graphic drivers (Nvidia)..... after I updated the drivers to the lates few months ago it started to freeze, and it didn't do that before so I went back to an older driver or previous (don't quiet remember) and then it worked fine :)

Perhaps you could try to do the same with your notebook?

nuke235
12-20-2011, 08:22 PM
If you are experiencing issues with your laptop freezing, rebooting, or bluescreening (or any combination thereof) after extended times of non-use, then do the following:

Download and install Throttlestop 3.0;
Once Throttlestop is installed, use it to disable the C3/C6/C7 states, as well as the C1E state. These are the intel C-states for power savings.

I was having lots of issues with my laptop doing those things; since I've used Throttlestop to disable the cpu idle (C) states, my computer is working fine.

This is a widespread issue among laptops of various manufacturers. Myself and another guy have been trying this solution, and it has worked for us. In fact, the other guy accidentally disabled Throttlestop, and bam, the problems came back.

nuke

x0rkinko
12-27-2011, 03:12 PM
i download throttlestop but dont know how to use it. Could u explain me what i should do. maybe u can make a screen a there show what should be ticked or turned on/off :))