PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky spacebar on GL551

John Williams
08-31-2015, 11:17 PM
The spacebar on my GL551 makes an annoying squeaking sound every time I press it. I'm temped to remove it and lubricate the moving parts, but I'm wary of damaging it in the process. Has anyone here tried removing and replacing keys on this keyboard (the one with red backlighting)?

Corporal
09-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Can you return it to the dealer for a replacement? That's what I'd try to do first.

aeolisio
09-01-2015, 12:18 PM
The spacebar on my GL551 makes an annoying squeaking sound every time I press it. I'm temped to remove it and lubricate the moving parts, but I'm wary of damaging it in the process. Has anyone here tried removing and replacing keys on this keyboard (the one with red backlighting)?
If you must do it please dont use a liquid lubricant use something dry and sparingly or something dielectric so its non conductive just to be safe. I personally use dry powder graphite lubricants in the tube for anything laptop or pc that needs lubrication. You can get them online or from home improvement stores they are very cheap and long lasting.

mocoyR
04-05-2016, 04:31 PM
I have the same problem too, the f1 is making noise when I press, my laptop is gl752 vw, I want to know if this key is removable so I can check what is the problem.