PDA

View Full Version : G751JT 'not enough space' issue.

Nero Sorümeito
09-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Hi all!

I know this might be a newbie question, but I am just not sure what would be the right this for me to do to fix the following issue:
My OS is on C:, and that station is about 95,3GB.
Now since the 'Program Files' folders are also in that station, everything that automaticly updates or chooses it's own installation folder, ends up in program files on my OS station.

So as you can guess, that station is all filled up with programs and stuff and now I can't even download a single image to my laptop.

Whenever I download or install programs manually, I use my D: station to install it all there, D: is 127GB.
I also have 2 other stations, called Data1 E: and Data2 F:, those are about 465GB each.

I figured that there is a way to merge C: and D:, but is it safe for me to do this?
Actually I hope anyone can advise me what is the best thing to do for me, so I won't ruin my precious ROG ;)

Can anyone give me some good advise in easy language? ;) Thanks in advance!

aeolisio
09-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Hi all!

I know this might be a newbie question, but I am just not sure what would be the right this for me to do to fix the following issue:
My OS is on C:, and that station is about 95,3GB.
Now since the 'Program Files' folders are also in that station, everything that automaticly updates or chooses it's own installation folder, ends up in program files on my OS station.

So as you can guess, that station is all filled up with programs and stuff and now I can't even download a single image to my laptop.

Whenever I download or install programs manually, I use my D: station to install it all there, D: is 127GB.
I also have 2 other stations, called Data1 E: and Data2 F:, those are about 465GB each.

I figured that there is a way to merge C: and D:, but is it safe for me to do this?
Actually I hope anyone can advise me what is the best thing to do for me, so I won't ruin my precious ROG ;)

Can anyone give me some good advise in easy language? ;) Thanks in advance!

You can use a tool to merge those into single larger partitions its safe and very easy. I personally always have 1 partition per drive. You can use macrium or wthe disk management tool in windows the windows link has a extremely simple walkthrough.
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
http://www.howtogeek.com/101862/how-to-manage-partitions-on-windows-without-downloading-any-other-software/

Nero Sorümeito
09-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Thank for the information! That is really helpful.
But don't you think that I need to empty my laptop first, before I do this?

Because if I want to shrink my D: partition or extend the C: partition (what will I have to do?) it seems like I need D: to be empty to shrink it to the max, right? Or is this not neccessary? :)

Thanks again in advance!

Corporal
09-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Because if I want to shrink my D: partition or extend the C: partition (what will I have to do?) it seems like I need D: to be empty to shrink it to the max, right? Or is this not neccessary? :)

Use Partition wizard, you can just join the 2 partitions together. No need to empty them.

JustinThyme
09-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Is this all on one drive?
Personally I never liked too many partitions. I keep it simple as simply divide into folders instead. Doesnt matter how many partitions you have, when the drive craps they are all gone.

Acronis disk commander also lets you merge partitions without emptying. One thing Ive learned over the years is free programs are free for a reason, they dont work well or make you have to do things like move all the data first. With the acronis software after you commit the command to merge it will prompe a reboot then an acronis bootloader takes over and does the work on the reboot before entering the OS.