PDA

View Full Version : G751JT USB Reconnecting Problem

09-01-2015, 02:10 PM
First: Sorry for my bad english. I'm german. :D

My G751JT always reconnects the USB Ports when I plug in or plug off the power supply.

So when I watch a movie from a external USB HDD the movie stops with an error message and I have to click "Play" again.

I have the problem with a 2,5" USB HDD without a external power supply and with a 3,5" USB HDD with external power supply.

I changed the usb settings in the boot menu. Nothing changed.

I changed the energy saving options for the USB ports. Also nothing.

I'm using Windows 10.

I found no posts regarding this problem.

I hope I find some help here. Thank you. :)

Corporal
09-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Does the problem occur with USB Flash Drives as well? Did you try using the USB Ports on the right side?

09-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks for your quick answer.

I figured out that only one usb port is having this problem. Its the first usb port after the three audio connectors on the right side.

When I use a USB Flash Drive all 4 usb ports are working fine.

Do you have any guess why this one port is causing trouble? :D

Corporal
09-01-2015, 04:26 PM
You could try reinstalling the ASUS USB Charger Plus, it may cause trouble. I tested USB ports on the right side with a USB 2.0 HDD, they are working fine when I disconnect/reconnect charger. The USB ports on the left disconnect constantly on my G751JY, because the HDD doesn't get enough power.

aeolisio
09-01-2015, 04:57 PM
This is a known problem with G751s see this thread for solutions
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53877-G751-Problem-with-USB3-0-ports-(left-side)-and-external-HD-anyone-else/page18&highlight=left+side+ports

JustinThyme
09-01-2015, 05:15 PM
One thing I noted is the USB cable itself. I was having issues with a 2TB USB 3.0 drive just dropping out randomly. I changed drives, got the same problem. I was pulling my hair out and tried everything but still it would just drop off then come back randomly. could be during data transfer or while watching a moive etc. Finally I just swapped out the cable and no more problems. It was a new cable too but hey, everything is made in China these days and QC is not at the top of their priorities.

09-01-2015, 05:45 PM
You could try reinstalling the ASUS USB Charger Plus, it may cause trouble. I tested USB ports on the right side with a USB 2.0 HDD, they are working fine when I disconnect/reconnect charger. The USB ports on the left disconnect constantly on my G751JY, because the HDD doesn't get enough power.

You are the best. :D

Problem solved!