PDA

View Full Version : G751 screen bleed

moiezomar
09-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, I recently got my g751 and it exhibits some bleeding on the lower right corner.
Took this with an iphone 5 in a dark room though with autofocus so it shows up more bright. But its there. And after about 1 hour of use this spot gets warm. Not hot just warm. The rest of the bottom edge also gets warm but not as much as this spot. Thoughts? RMA? Is the temperature thing normal? And will this detiriorate further down the road or stay like this? Ive never had an IPS before so im blank here.

aeolisio
09-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Its usually pressure of the bezel against the screen pull it away slightly and see if it disappears.

moiezomar
09-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Well yes. If i pull the bottom part back towards me by hooking it with something it disappears. Also if i keep the screen pushed back on the hinges about a half centimeter it disappears again completely. Im concerned about the temperature and the general longevity of the screen

Corporal
09-02-2015, 11:09 PM
If you want to fix the bleeding issue, you will have to take off the bezel and "modify" it with a flat file. Every g751 has this same issue, there is no point in replacing it, RMA won't fix it for you either.

after about 1 hour of use this spot gets warm. Not hot just warm.
I have already fixed it, and the spot you showed does get warm on my g751jy too. It's unrelated to bleeding, there is just some component that gets warm, probably the backlight lamp.

moiezomar
09-03-2015, 04:10 AM
Thats a load off. Thanks guys. Also ive read about this bezel modification on here. All i could find was one post that mentioned a tutorial bit i couldnt find it so i posted this. Any chance for a link or a tutorial?

Corporal
09-03-2015, 12:41 PM
1) Remove the 4 screws at the back of the laptop and open the speaker cover
2) Close the display, you will see 4 screws at the bottom of it, covered by 4 glued-on rubber plates. Remove them, and you will be able to remove the screws
3) Gently open the bezel starting at the bottom of the display.
You can see on my pictures that I took the display out completely, but you don't need to do that.
After that you can file the bezel clips down a bit, so that they are more loose.