PDA

View Full Version : g551jw randomly shutdown when on cord

noobies90
09-04-2015, 04:46 AM
got my g551jw few months ago..now it keeps getting switches off like there's been a power cut in the house..it does not happend when im using battery..checked windows log and it shows kernel power 41 (The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.). my laptop is preinstalled windows 8.1 but i already ugraded it to windows 10..i already update all drivers and bios to latest but random shutdown still happen..any solution?thanks

aeolisio
09-04-2015, 05:00 AM
Power surges, power supply issues, ram problems, power settings, overheating, overclocking can all cause 41 the kernel disrupts power to protect the system. What have you done to it? Does it run hot?

noobies90
09-04-2015, 06:18 AM
max temp is 53C and doesnt feel hot..never o/c it before..i just add another 4gb ram since i purchased it and its same ram that comes with laptop..so i dont think its ram issue..my laptop doesnt randomly shutdown when im using battery..only shutdown when im using ac adapter without battery..if i put battery and ac adapter it will on normally and even charging my battery..

Corporal
09-04-2015, 07:39 AM
i just add another 4gb ram
Try taking out the ram, just in case.

noobies90
09-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Try taking out the ram, just in case.

i tried taking out the ram that i added but still randomly shutdown even i didnt start playing games yet..

Corporal
09-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Make a bootable ubuntu usb stick, boot from it, check if you have the exact same issue under ubuntu. If that's the case, it's a hardware issue, if not, reinstall windows.