PDA

View Full Version : custom refresh rate

insiZion1
09-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Hi guys...now the summers done I'm getting ready for the gaming months. Been a busy bee upgrading windows 10 and clean installing, making sure everythings in tip top condition. So id thought of upping the screens refresh rate. I know a lot of you guys have been on 75 for a while now and even some on 100. I set mine to 75 and it looks amazing. But... when booting up my beloved HL2 deathmatch I noticed that when I quit HL main screen to the desktop as the screen goes black for a split second I see 2 verticle green lines flash before the desktop loads. After experimenting with nvidias display settings when you test the custom refresh rate you can replicate the 2 green verticle lines on every customisation from 75 down to 62...then it stops. Has anyone else noticed this? Its only a split second but it does make me worry about the screens longevity when seeing this. For now I will stay at 60. Hopefully you guys can convince me its nothing serious. Many thx

aeolisio
09-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Have never seen that but overclocking the display can have negative consequences. Most people have not had a problem but i have seen a few that did and needed panel changes or a board.

navis995
09-05-2015, 12:27 PM
First sings of panel problems, push it a bit more and say bye bye to it.

insiZion1
09-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Does not happen when I set it to 80hz. Is it worth the oc or shoukd I just stay on 60?
What version graphics drivers are you using? Is it possible the new windows 10 have anything to do with it?
Thx

aeolisio
09-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Worth it? If you dont care about having to replace your panel you have to make that decision for yourself. It has nothing to do with windows 10 and since it went away at 80 its not going to be driver related its hardware. Remember if your out of warranty legit g751 ips panels are hard to come by and arent cheap.

insiZion1
09-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Hmmm..if there is an issue with the screen its gonna be difficult to explain for an rma as it involves increasing the RR.
il stick on 60 and keep my fingers crossed.