PDA

View Full Version : Where can I download G-Tools Beta 2 for my G751JT

rcarlos243
09-05-2015, 03:15 AM
as the tittle says, I can't find it anywhere.

Please help thanks

ciccio80
09-05-2015, 05:59 AM
There is no official download page any more I'm afraid. Gamenab recived threat of legal action from Nvidia to stop developing this G-Sync mod I belive. But there are unofficial download sites, can't post them here because they will probably get cancelled anyway.
Just use search on google, there are a few links ;)

warryabel
09-05-2015, 08:28 AM
someone read this?

Technically, X7 Pro could be upgraded for G-SYNC function. AORUS is evaluating G-SYNC upgrade project for previous X7 models. Please drop us a message regarding “G-SYNC upgrade” at the following link if you’re interested. We will contact you for details once the project is confirmed. Thanks again for choosing AORUS!
http://support.aorus.com/Question/TechQuery

http://forum.aorus.com/forum/gaming-laptops/356-aorus-x7-pro-and-g-sync

ciccio80
09-05-2015, 02:47 PM
someone read this?

Technically, X7 Pro could be upgraded for G-SYNC function. AORUS is evaluating G-SYNC upgrade project for previous X7 models. Please drop us a message regarding “G-SYNC upgrade” at the following link if you’re interested. We will contact you for details once the project is confirmed. Thanks again for choosing AORUS!

Could you post a link to the original Aorus thread with this?

TugaPower
09-06-2015, 06:16 AM
Over the G751JT support they have 2 BIOS 207 and 208 that bring support to G-Sync, can we use over the G751JY?

vempatyappu
09-06-2015, 06:37 AM
They enable G-sync - but the catch is that only for models with the G-sync sticker.

joshindaphils
09-06-2015, 06:39 AM
Over the G751JT support they have 2 BIOS 207 and 208 that bring support to G-Sync, can we use over the G751JY?

A BIOS that has support for G-Sync is not the same as a BIOS that adds G-Sync to hardware not licensed for G-Sync.

Please back read any of the G-Sync on old hardware threads for more details.

The answer is no, you can't even flash it, and even if you could and there were no ill repercussions it would not give you G-Sync...

TheFallenPenguin
09-06-2015, 07:17 AM
someone read this?

http://forum.aorus.com/forum/gaming-laptops/356-aorus-x7-pro-and-g-sync
They change the whole motherboard on the Aorus laptops, it's not just a BIOS update.

ciccio80
09-06-2015, 09:17 AM
They change the whole motherboard on the Aorus laptops, it's not just a BIOS update.

Well in that case they are just "stealing" money from users since there is no way a software G-Sync needs a new motherboard to work!
G-Sync WORKS even now on my Asus laptops with only a simple driver (leaked alpha one). Are you saying the leaked driver somehow PHISICALLY changes our motherboards in order to make G-Sync work?
What a pathetic bunch of crap.

I would really like some of those Aorus users to dismantle their laptops, analize and photograph their "old" motherboard components and then compare them to the "new" g-Sync enabled motherboards. It wold clearly show they are the same (maybe a different CPU?). So all hell would release over an uunneccessary upgrade....even legally

This is bull****, Asus and Aorus (and Nvidia) should stop being *******s and start supporting their hi-price ROG buyers and stop insulting our intelligence

Boxis
09-06-2015, 09:50 AM

This would be okay, if it would be for free or just some small fee.

No idea, how much it costs for Aorus users to do this though.

Carnoustie
09-06-2015, 03:01 PM

motherboards have nothing to do with G-Sync,where does this nonsense come from?

TheFallenPenguin
09-06-2015, 03:16 PM
motherboards have nothing to do with G-Sync,where does this nonsense come from?

Stop being so rude and do some research.
On the Aorus laptops the GPUs are soldered to the motherboard. So in order to swap the standard 970m's with the G-Sync 970m's they need to replace the whole board.

Well in that case they are just "stealing" money from users since there is no way a software G-Sync needs a new motherboard to work!
G-Sync WORKS even now on my Asus laptops with only a simple driver (leaked alpha one). Are you saying the leaked driver somehow PHISICALLY changes our motherboards in order to make G-Sync work?
What a pathetic bunch of crap.

I would really like some of those Aorus users to dismantle their laptops, analize and photograph their "old" motherboard components and then compare them to the "new" g-Sync enabled motherboards. It wold clearly show they are the same (maybe a different CPU?). So all hell would release over an uunneccessary upgrade....even legally

This is bull****, Asus and Aorus (and Nvidia) should stop being *******s and start supporting their hi-price ROG buyers and stop insulting our intelligence

On the Aorus laptops the GPUs are soldered to the motherboard, here are the differences between the models: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61959-G-Sync-Drivers-Official-NVIDIA&p=534205&viewfull=1#post534205
The only difference is that the G-Sync version has a BIOS license and a different GPU HWID.

This would be okay, if it would be for free or just some small fee.

No idea, how much it costs for Aorus users to do this though.

Costs between $100-$250 depending on region

Carnoustie
09-06-2015, 07:42 PM
all 970m's can run G-sync,there is no different chip.

escha
09-06-2015, 08:39 PM
nvidia is selling oems gpu chips with diffrent HW ID and a license coockie so the driver can check for those and enable g-sync...
so only specific hw id for gpu gets g-sync
license coockie alone doesn't enable g-sync
correct gpu HW ID alone doesn't enable g-sync
You need it both
aurus needs to replace gpu with new from nvidia (it's the same as previous, just diffrent hwid) + inject a license coockie into bios mem... so though there are some technics to replace soldered gpu it may still be cheaper and less time consuming to just swap the MB...

TheFallenPenguin
09-07-2015, 04:37 AM
nvidia is selling oems gpu chips with diffrent HW ID and a license coockie so the driver can check for those and enable g-sync...
so only specific hw id for gpu gets g-sync
license coockie alone doesn't enable g-sync
correct gpu HW ID alone doesn't enable g-sync
You need it both
aurus needs to replace gpu with new from nvidia (it's the same as previous, just diffrent hwid) + inject a license coockie into bios mem... so though there are some technics to replace soldered gpu it may still be cheaper and less time consuming to just swap the MB...

Exactly :) Same chip, just a different HWID and BIOS cookie.

Nader
09-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Does asus rog g751jt th71 have G-Syn?
I bought it at the End of July, I don't think I have seen G-Syn written on specification but since its a newer model doesn't that mean it should have g-syn?

I do not mind not having it but I do not mind having it either if the laptop is already capable.
Mine Runs at 100+Hz so I don't see any screen tearing at all.

TugaPower
09-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Mine Runs at 100+Hz so I don't see any screen tearing at all.

with custom config or out of the box? If you don't have a G-Sync sticker you are in the same boat as all us.

Nader
09-07-2015, 09:37 AM
with custom config or out of the box? If you don't have a G-Sync sticker you are in the same boat as all us.

Custom Config. I had screen tearing when I was at 60 HZ,
I no longer see it even at +100 FPS like in Bioshock infinite.

But I don't see any G Syn configuration in Control Panel.
and No I don't have a sticker.

What does G Syn do any way? automatically increase refresh rate when frames are too high to prevent tearing? (just a guess).