PDA

View Full Version : G750jm SSd caddy question?

SoyUnaFuente
09-09-2015, 09:55 PM
im looking to buy a ssd to add to my g750jm but i noticed that mine only came with 1 HDD caddy, so im wondering where i can get another on of those i been looking over at amazon but i can only find the ones that change de optical drive, any help would be apreciated/

MaxCioco
09-09-2015, 10:50 PM
I think you mean a bracket. Mine didn't come with one either so I had to buy one from Asus (50$).

Take note that installing a second hdd(ssd) in the slot might void your warranty. I don't know how is it from who you bough it, but here 2 companies provide service for Asus (not the official main one) and one of them says you void it if you do so the other one offers warranty as long as no sticker is damaged.

Note: Impossible to notice any changed, if need you can remove the second hdd in case you need the warranty.

SoyUnaFuente
09-09-2015, 11:23 PM
I think you mean a bracket. Mine didn't come with one either so I had to buy one from Asus (50$).

Take note that installing a second hdd(ssd) in the slot might void your warranty. I don't know how is it from who you bough it, but here 2 companies provide service for Asus (not the official main one) and one of them says you void it if you do so the other one offers warranty as long as no sticker is damaged.

Note: Impossible to notice any changed, if need you can remove the second hdd in case you need the warranty.

I didnt figure it was gonna be that expensive, well after bit of research i decided to buy a bay so that i can replace the optical drive since i have no use for it and its more cheaper but thanks for the help.

MaxCioco
09-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Glad you solved your problem.
When you need parts look on amazon/ebay/etc., but not Asus, as they have some high prices - at least here.