PDA

View Full Version : Bad flashing BIOS Asus N53SV

mc.canos
12-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello, I have a problem with a bad flash of the BIOS. I have an ASUS laptop, model N53SV. Suddenly I started having graphics problems when connecting the notebook to an external monitor using HDMI on Ubuntu 11.10. I inquired and found out it was due to an incompatibility of ubuntu with dual graphics cards. The best solution to this problem was to disable integrated graphics through BIOS. However, this option was not in the default BIOS, so I decided to upgrade to the latest version to see if they had introduced this feature. When updating the BIOS lost wifi function both in ubuntu and in windows. The wifi was enabled in the BIOS and after the update I put the default settings in the BIOS. So I thought that the BIOS was corrupted or incompatible and I did a downgrade to the computer bios as default BIOS through AFLASH2, performing the process correctly. Following the downgrade the computer never booted. Pressing the power button and all the buttons light up but the laptop does not make the effort to start, and I can't open the DVD drive. However, power is applied to the laptop and I can connect USB. For this reason I tried to recover the BIOS using the method described in the following website:

http://www.bioschip.com/biosrecovery.html

But neither has worked for me. So I appreciate very much that someone could tell me if there is any solution or I have no other choice but to bring the laptop to qualified service.

PS: I've seen on this page sell BIOS chips and other instruments related to its programming. I don't know if any of the instruments that I sold could be used to reprogram my BIOS, and if this is easy to perform, or in any electronics store so I can do. Could you please give your opinion.

http://www.badflash.com/iopener.html Thank you very much.

fuzon1337
12-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi there and welcome to the ROG forum :D

How old is your notebook? Since you did a bad flash of BIOS, the warranty (if you still got it) covers your issue. :)

mc.canos
12-20-2011, 06:13 PM
My computer is only 6 months old. However, I've read that bad bios flash is not covered by warrante. Is it true? I don't have the ticket too because I buy the laptop in ebay. The seller has a business, so I contacted him to try to send me the bill. If I don't get it How can I see the default warrantee? I read that the laptop have a warrantee based in its serial number.

A greeting. Thanks.

fuzon1337
12-20-2011, 06:29 PM
As I have understand in this forum on others who have posted threads about they bricked their BIOS the warranty covers that. You should call Asus Hotline there you are from and ask them if you got questions about RMA your notebook.

About the receipt you could check your online bank, since you bought your notebook online, a form for receipt is available to find in the online bank.

So perhaps that's enough of a receipt to use to so confirm that you bought it and which date you bought it :)

Brightside
12-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi
if your laptop was work fine after the flashing BIOS then just try this, removing the battery for about 1 hour or so and then reseating it might work, GoodLuck