PDA

View Full Version : Possible to Upgrade U52JC-BBG6 GPU?

LaBambas
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Is it possible to upgrade the 310M that comes stock with the U52JC-BBG6? If so, what would be compatible?

volcomrj
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I would like to know as well.

If you know, a PM would be nice, but if not, that's OK.

Silver Wolf
06-26-2012, 02:55 AM
In theory yes. I haven't looked into this particular model but provided the card isn't build into the mobo (Which is quite often is) then it is possible, however unless you are an IT professional I would advise against it. Replacing a GPU in a PC is easy and can be done by someone without technical skills a laptop on the other hand is completely different. Additionally you would need to make sure the replacement card is a m series (If Nvidia) and its dimensions will work with the space you have available. The easier option may just be to look into a new laptop.

Zygomorphic
06-27-2012, 12:16 AM
+1 rep, @Silver! The 13" computers with dedicated cards use soldered GPUs. You cannot change them without swapping the mobo. You would then have to find a mobo that fits the computer, which I would doubt. Besides, why would you want an upgrade, it would simply overheat and reduce the battery life. If you want more performance, buy a nice desktop to go with that laptop. Preferably, build your own--just make sure to use an ROG mobo...:cool: