PDA

View Full Version : K53ta-bbr6 ?

exit151
12-19-2011, 10:07 PM
First off, not sure if this is the right place.. I've no idea (no offense) who or what ROC is, but the Asus forums said for info on the Asus K53TA-BBR6 to come here..

That said..

I've been reading tons of rave reviews on this laptop, but am unable to find ANYONE other than a couple ebay sellers who are selling refurb units who have this thing for sale. Internet searches aren't showing it as a flawed/bad system.. Asus doesn't seem to have much of anything at all about their laptops on their forums.. I'm mildly scared that the only ones I can seem to find are refurb units - Would seem to indicate that there was a problem with them, and maybe the design was killed off? That said, the Asus site still lists it as a current (and actively purchas-able) laptop.

Can anyone here clarify what the deal is with it? Is it current and available anywhere, and if so, where? What's up with the only units being for sale on ebay listed as refurb units.. Can I trust them, they are listed as new, direct refurbs from manufacturer. Is there something I should know about them and why they seem to be getting awesome reviews, for a great price but no one is selling them? (Not out of stock - Not even sold!).

Alternatively, if they have been killed off, canceled, etc., is there a similar compatible model - Something that like this unit has a ton of bang under the hood for $399-$499?

Thanks for your time,

exit151

exit151
12-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Wow, the forums about this laptop are just as ghostly as the actual laptop.. Does ANYONE know anything about this particular lappy??